Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Film Appreciation Society - Page 18 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Film Appreciation Society

Paul C

I concur, just seen it myself, maybe not a 15, but enjoyable none the less.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Prometheus - excellent addition to what looks like it may turn out to be a septiligy - as long as Ridley Scott is above ground!

Thought Rapace was excellent (was just as good as in the original Dragon Tattoo trilogy which I'd highly reccomend)

"Your wish is my command," Mr. Scott replied.

Prometheus_Poster.jpg

© 20th Century Fox

'Prometheus' sequel moves forward

Aug. 1, 2012, 6:42 PM EST

Entertainment Tonight

Still scratching your head over just what took place in "Prometheus"? Well, some of those pesky hundred-or-so unanswered questions may finally be answered as 20th Century Fox has confirmed that a sequel to the sci-fi epic is moving forward.

The Hollywood Reporter says that director Ridley Scott and the studio "actively are pushing ahead with a follow-up" and stars Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are signed on for the film, which is set in the Alien universe.

"Ridley is incredibly excited about the movie, but we have to get it right. We can't rush it," says Fox president of production Emma Watts.

Perhaps clued in to the controversy surrounding the incredibly cryptic nature of Prometheus and its many unanswered questions, the producers are talking to new writers, but the Reporter indicates the move is because co-writer Damon Lindelof "might not be available."

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I watched on DVD and really enjoyed John Carter. I don't know why it was panned so much, it was a really enjoyable old style action movie!

Looking forward to seeing Ted. From the maker of Family guy!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

One of my all time faves - American Werewolf in London

Thought this was quite clever.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Peter Jackson claims the 48fps makes a big difference. Some critics think not.

Thoughts? (have not yet seen it myself)

Thanks, Bibs. We happen to have such a [nearby, full-recline seating, brand new...only opened this month] cinema right here in River City, and, based on your "review" and the fact that you saw it in the 48fps format, I expect to head that way before long. :D

It's coming people!! The film I've been waiting for since I read the book 2 years ago!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I hate to say it but reviews have the film as being good but a long way from the book.

I read the book and heard this too.

Awesome trailer though - so perhaps best approached as "inspired by the book"...

I know this is heresy, but I saw Skyfall in IMAX and thought it was, by far, the best Bond film ever made in every way--script, acting, cinematography, you name it. Less emphasis on gadgets and glitz and deeply about the characters to the point--and I still can't believe this happened during a Bond film--but twice at least half the audience was in tears. 

By the way, the next two films will be a two-parter, and if you've seen the end of Skyfall you know that they're going to pull out all the stops and let Bond go completely off the leash.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

It's probably not in theatres any longer, and it's possible that I missed mention of it on previous pages of the thread, but I still can't get Cloud Atlas out of my head, weeks and weeks after seeing it. The movie had mixed reviews, pretty much a "You love it or you hate it" reaction thing. But I was mesmerized the entire time...and it's a fairly long flic, by design.

Anyone else care to comment?

And if you're into subtitled foreign films, A Royal Affair was superb.

I hate to say it but reviews have the film as being good but a long way from the book.

I suppose transferring the book to film would be difficult as it's written like a diary. And there's so many characters that it could be confusing on film. I read somewhere that it is like the parts of the book covered by the main protagonist and the rest was omitted. Shame as the book was awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

While I find Mr. Cruise's offscreen antics (and odd belief system) to be a bit banal, I felt he did a fairly convincing portrayal of a disenfranchised war vet looking to make the world a better place, albeit through copious quantities of gratuitous violence, but not necessarily unwarranted under the circumstances thrown his way. It helped that I've made several visits to Pittsburgh (the story's backdrop) due to having a son attending university there, and thus found it easier to relate to the cinematic urban environment utilized.

I enjoyed the numerous plot twists in the first half of the movie, but found the "finale" a bit too predictable, though Robert Duval's supporting actor role added a touch of balance to the mayhem.

Surprisingly, though not a fan of graphic violence in any genre, SWMBO loved the movie...but again she, too, was heavily biased by the locale selected, particularly as said son was sitting next to her, equally pleased to see his "adopted" city on the big screen.

7/10   

Got the DVD for Xmas. Cruise is simply awesome (and I'm not fan) Music from the 80's 90's and heavy rock. Excellently sung by the actors not mimed.

I'm gonna hate myself for this but you absolutely MUST see this movie. I loved it. 11/10

Trekkies of the world unite!! 2013!