Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Film Appreciation Society - Page 29 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Film Appreciation Society

Paul C

last night I watched..........................the new Power Rangers movie. Now whilst I am not the audience it is aimed at, it was actually pretty good! It's aimed at the mid teens with love interests, violence and people even dying and the rangers are all good looking people. But it was a really enjoyable romp! 7.5/10

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Saw Dunkirk last night.  There are no words to describe just how good this films was.  From start to finish, from cinematography to soundtrack, and from wardrobe to the acting - just stunning.

Easily the best movie I've seen in the last few years.

• Like 1

Little late to the party with this one, but last year watched the 2016 film Passengers,  about future space travel and how it all goes very wrong for one chap,  he has to make a make a  decission.  It leaves you thinking to yourself, what would i do in that situation,   which is always good  :)  Should be out on dvd or those film download sites by now hopefully.

A

On 02/08/2017 at 13:25, DaveC72 said:

Saw Dunkirk last night.  There are no words to describe just how good this films was.  From start to finish, from cinematography to soundtrack, and from wardrobe to the acting - just stunning.

Easily the best movie I've seen in the last few years.

100% agree. Great film, will be revisiting for a 2nd sitting too, really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 14:09, silverfrost said:

Little late to the party with this one, but last year watched the 2016 film Passengers,  about future space travel and how it all goes very wrong for one chap,  he has to make a make a  decission.  It leaves you thinking to yourself, what would i do in that situation,   which is always good  :)  Should be out on dvd or those film download sites by now hopefully.

Dan, yes, an enjoyable film for sure.

Just one thing though - if I was the only 1 awake on a space ship and I found Jennifer Lawrence asleep in a pod, it would be the easiest decision in the world B-)

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

3 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Dan, yes, an enjoyable film for sure.

Just one thing though - if I was the only 1 awake on a space ship and I found Jennifer Lawrence asleep in a pod, it would be the easiest decision in the world B-)

Lots of women in there. Wake one up if she annoys you blow her out of an airlock and move on to the next. No one would ever find out! 

But in all seriousness it was a really good film and was really more of a love story. Loved the ending but.....surely they had some kids?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Can not remember how long the journey to the new planet was Kimbers but know it was a very long time, So i think if they would of had kids, the children would of ended up in the same postion as them ?    Yes plenty of women to wake up lol,    I also liked the barman concept in the film and was a good touch :)

A

they had another 60 years so kids would have been ok?

• Haha 1

You cruel person Kimbers :P  So they would spend all 60 years of their lives on a spaceship, only to be kicked off to build their own homes on a desolate planet when most folks would be taking it easy at that stage in life lol. 

A

Another vote for Dunkirk here. A film that showed it through the eyes of three generations and a multitude of perspectives.

The only one thing that chided was how a Spitfire did what it did near the end with no fuel.  

Overall, It was clever. Thought provoking. Heart warming. Gut wrenching. 

Could so easily have just been an explosion fest. Well worth watching.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

WILLIAMS Film

Very odd film. Really enjoyed it, learned a lot about the team I didn't know. Frank comes across as an.... interesting character.

However, the film almost completely glosses over the team's period from about 1990-2012. I really don't understand because this is the most interesting time for me. You have the Senna business, Mansell, Hill, Villeneuve, a real tragedy and triumph for them. Then their eventual decline.

Senna took up about 30 seconds of the whole film. Considering the impact the man had on the sport, and on them, it seemed an odd omission. One can't help but wonder a condition of making the film was we don't talk about Ayrton. I almost understand that, but ignoring their titles and for me golden period in the 1990s seems bizarre.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Dark times for Williams with the Senna crash, and a lot of folks still think that the truth never came out and it was all a big cover up !  Will watch this film when i get chance :)

A

• Gold FFM

No doubt, it seems therefore odd to me to have this great platform to tell your side of the story, and basically ignore it. 

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Assassins Creed. Second Time watching it. As much a spetacle the second time. Loved it. 9/10

• 1 month later...

Heard about this on the radio yesterday - world's first fully painted movie. In terms of celebrating the life of a painter who only sold 1 painting in his lifetime, this seems a fascinating approach and I really want to see it. Apparently it was shot as a normal film and then EVERY single frame was painted (upto 120 artists were employed). Amazing IMO

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Tom Cruise's "The Mummy"

I........

Erm...........

I.........

Words fail me. Crock of shit. About sums up a totally confused movie that ends with one of the most rediculous endings ever. Don't waste 103 minutes of your life when you could be pulling all your nails out..............which ould be 100% more enjoyable.

my first ever 0/10

Was watching this and thinking "what a brilliant movie". Then found out it was a true story. I'll leave it here, as good as Black Hawk Down, my fave movie of all time 10/10

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Okay not a movie, but a short series on Netflix. Manhunt: Unabomber.

He no doubt had to be stopped, but his manifesto that he wrote rings true in many ways. I believe that all of the 'technology' that we have these days is not making us more sociable, but quite the opposite. I believe we are becoming more insular.

I could keep going, but I won't as it may seem like a tirade. Meanwhile, I am posting on TLF which I could not do if we didn't have the technology. Catch 22.

What is food for thought is that Ted Kaczynski saw this and it was published back in 1995. That is a fair while ago. I have only thought quite a few of these things for the last several years.

Maybe I am just getting old.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Damn you @ramjet

I love a good tirade and I love reading one! Now get back here and do the job properly!

Facebook and twitter have a lot to answer for and even some of Facebook's early makers now see the monster they created for what it is. 

Personally I'd be glad if either or both got broken and just stopped working.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I just finished watching this too, it was very good. A big contribution to the way he was was at Harvard where he was brainwashed by the CIA as part of their MKUltra program. Such a talented mathematician turned into a murderer but you're right, his manifesto does make a lot of sense even now. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Where I work now, there are posters disallowing 'Distracted Walking.' Some people sit at smoko and do nothing but scroll up and down on their phones. Not saying a word to anyone. I think the most they say is when they are working and are not allowed their phones on the floor and get on the radio asking for help from a tradesman.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)