Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
castle combe needs a little help! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

castle combe needs a little help!

bigsi

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they live next to a racing circuit, what the hell do they expect !! bl##dy moaning tree huggers :shock:

signed

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Petitiuon signed...

Airfields get the same issues - crazy - I have NO sympathy for people who buy houses next to circuits, airfiels etc. and then complain.

They should support these venues as they bring much needed income to some areas of the UK...

Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

they live next to a racing circuit, what the hell do they expect !! bl##dy moaning tree huggers :shock:

It's not just tree hugging hippies. They're money grabbing bastards who know the law and the current political climate.

So they buy a devalued property near a circuit, campaign to have it shut down, and once it is their house prices rocket :X

What's the current story at Bruntingthorpe? I believe it's open for business but have they started the test runs with the Vulcan? That'll really piss off the guy who was complaining :evil:

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

• Gold FFM

Another meaningless moan from the killjoy party. Agree with all above posts. Its not exactly Race Day EVERY day at a circuit like Castle Combe. This is still the closest Race track to me (130 miles away) Be even further if the tree huggers get this closed down.

There is allready noise limit restrictions there, which were brought in 2 years ago which has already stopped the GT, special GT and F3 cars from visiting.

What next, speed limits?

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Some familiar names in the list :shock: Thanks Si for drawing our attention to this.

I used to live near a railway line. Did I campain to have the track closed? Did I b*ggery.

It's exactly the same here. If it's louder than they expected - tough! They should have done some proper research, like say viewing the house on a raceday - duh! Iif they were there before the track opened, why the hell has it taken over 50 years for them to notice? Have they just bought new hearing aids? These people deserve to be treated as pariahs.

Incidentally, the track is already restricted by rules about noise, which is why every car on trackdays has its noise level measured.

More speed, less haste

The law should be changed to PREVENT this kind of nonsense - i.e. if you buy a property near ANY existing facility you have NO chance of complaining about it.

We get people moving here and buying houses on the TT circuit (open roads 48 weeks a year) and then campaigning to have the races ended (after 100 years). They should be horse-whipped...

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Signed.

I think Ian has summarised the issue well from a South West perspective.

Club Lotus' Castle Combe track day is the Lotus event where my wife actually reminds me to put it in the diary. She loves the cars on the track and I get to look at the parked cars and chat to fellow LEF members. Would hate for the event to be cancelled.

Regards,

Peter.

well it seems that a few miserbale people near the track are intent on having it closed down.

can you all as many of you sign the petition here

http://www.petitiononline.com/306007/petition.html

I don't think there's too much to worry about.

That petition is over 2 & 1/2 year old (I signed it anyway) and I can't find anything anywhere relating to any kind of opposing petition or campaign to close down the track. The only action I can find is back in Jan 05 when the noise notice was issued.

Signed.

Wonder how much money the racing circuit brings into the local community? With things such as the Lotus event filling out all the local hotels. The local residents must be nuts!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I guess the problem has got worst as the Castle Combe Circuit has become more popular. And there are lots of Victor Meldrew / Hyacinth Bucket characters living there. I grew up in Marshfield which is near by and I remember Castle Combe as a very boring place, other than the Circuit of course.

mainpic.jpg

The law should be changed to PREVENT this kind of nonsense - i.e. if you buy a property near ANY existing facility you have NO chance of complaining about it.

We get people moving here and buying houses on the TT circuit (open roads 48 weeks a year) and then campaigning to have the races ended (after 100 years). They should be horse-whipped...

We are building apartments next to a protected 24 hour wharf where we (the developer) has to ensure that our prospective buyers will not complain about noise in the future, thus ensuring the wharf doesn't get closed down.

But they know what they're buying - and the market comparison for apartments away from thr wharf.

Cake and eat it :shock:

Dave.

ok james, just i had heard a new complaint had been raised with the local council, one of my relatives are down there and said there was something in the local rags about it, i will see if they can send me a copy to scan in

This has been going on for a few years now. It's an historic track and has been

around a lot longer than most of those residence. I'm amazed it's come to this.

Damn right mate. Now i'm a man of no faith, but when i hear of these morons

that move to villages and then complain about church bells ringing, i just wonder

at the pamby-cotton-wool-wrapped-mummied-(and yet high paid)-bolt hole buying

exceutive trash, that this country seems to churn out at an alarming rate.

:shock:

Have signed the petition thus:

Unless you are nearly 60 then as a resident the track has always been there so you are a fool

to chose to live there and complain. before the track opened in 1950, it was previously an RAF

base (which was probably a bit noisy too). How many people complaining have lived there before

then? How many knew it was there when they moved? How naive can these people be?

Bring in the 70's formula one cars i say!!!"