Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Donington 2008 (29th and 30th March) - Page 9 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Donington 2008 (29th and 30th March)

esp88

yeah, stop changing the topic mr 'stop changing the topic' of two pages back...

:(

Hey, stop complaining Mr 'stop complaining' of recent politics posts :(

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE: If I've missed this information in a previous post, please flame appropriately... and yes, I'm clearly a Donington first-timer...

Can anyone point me to where I can find a schedule for this weekend's activities? (Not just the Esprit stuff, but the whole shebang.) I have a 'friend' who owns an Elise (hence the quotes) who was wondering about which day to head up: Saturday or Sunday. The Club Lotus web page on the event is decidedly uninformative.

http://www.club-lotus.co.uk/news2.php?id=60

Or, is there not really a schedule per se? (Wait, I can figure out what Kimbers' schedule is going to be... :( )

If I'm not able to go up in convoy, is there a place at the track where the Esprits will be parking? (Or will someone working there point me in the right direction?) I found a decent track map at:

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/maps/DoningtonPark.pdf

also

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=e...mp;t=k&z=15

1&2 - Bibs & Laura - Friday/Saturday/Sunday

3 - Matk - Friday/Saturday/Sunday

4&5 - Ade & Gina (Gasmangt3)- Sunday

6 Graham (Backmarker) Sunday only

7 BigSi - friday-saturday-Sunday

8&9 - Owen & cousin - Sunday

10&11 Rog (SE OWNER:-D) and Sam+1 (Poss. Friday eve., Saturday and Sunday)

12&13 Paul & Sarah (Rocket63) As per Rog (No centre caps) Actually, Friday & Saturday booked, Sunday night is a maybe.

14 Kimbers - Saturday & Sunday(Sat nite hotel only)

15 esp88(yasuo) friday,satday and sun day until 1-2PM

16 Dan - Friday, Saturday, Sunday daytime only

17 Cliff - Saturday late afternoon and evening (meal and hotel) and Sunday. Might stay sunday night but not decided yet.

18 Martyn - Saturday and Sunday Hotel booked for Saturday Night

19&20 Peter & Jen (Peter_england99) Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning

21 Ian (mayesprit) Sunday only

22 James (Tentenths) - Sat & Sun (hotel booked Sat night)

23&24.5 Tobi, husband, baby, 2 cars - Saturday, Sunday (Holiday Inn Express Saturday night)

25. Graham & Louise Sunday only at the moment

26&27 Markp & Yvonne - hotel Saturday night

28&29 PaulC & Vicki - hotel Friday & Saturday nights

30 Barrie (Bazza & possibly Dad) - Sunday only

31 Steve (SteveL) - arriving Sat evening sometime (Hotel booked Sat Night) ready for a beer or 6

32 Alex-GT3- Arriving Sat PM, stop at Holiday Exprerss Inn Sat night.

Or, is there not really a schedule per se?

Bingo! As far as I can recall, there's no real schedule of stuff, although there is an after-lunch technical talk that's a free-for-all and is announced on the tannoy, IIRC.

Basic format is: Lotus only car park fills up (first come, first parked) before 10am, show opens at 10am, most folks spend the first hour at least in the car park catching up and looking at the cars, then when the queues have died down a bit they wander in to the hall. I think it's all over by 4pm. Classic Team Lotus usually try to demo one of their race cars around lunch time.

Saturday is informally M100 Elan day, Sunday is informally Esprit day - purely because we both like to arrive en masse and fill up the Lotus-only parking, saves any squabbling :( Strangely the Elise crowd can't seem to organise themselves similarly, or we'd need a three day weekend :cry::( Obviously turn up whichever day in whichever combination of cars suits you best, but if you want to catch the LEF crowd then Sunday's usually your best bet - and look for the LEF stall in the hall.

Tradition has it that we gather by Kato's black SE at midday on Sunday for a group photo.

If I'm not able to go up in convoy, is there a place at the track where the Esprits will be parking? (Or will someone working there point me in the right direction?)

Yup, first come, first parked. The marshalls are pretty good at distinguishing Lotus cars and will wave you in if there are spaces left. There is a secure car park for

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

12&13 Paul & Sarah (Rocket63) As per Rog (No centre caps) Actually, Friday & Saturday booked, Sunday night is a maybe.

17 Cliff - Saturday late afternoon and evening (meal and hotel) and Sunday. Might stay sunday night but not decided yet.

23&24.5 Tobi, husband, baby, 2 cars - Saturday, Sunday (Holiday Inn Express Saturday night)

31 Steve (SteveL) - arriving Sat evening sometime (Hotel booked Sat Night) ready for a beer or 6

33 Mike (MPx) and Fran - Sunday only.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Dodgy if I dont get the S1 fixed in time I could take your car to Donnington If you want.

Ian, you would be most welcome to take my car to the hoon :D, but it will need the oil cooler changing first as it has a split in it :angry:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

33 Mike (MPx) and Fran - Sunday only.

34 Mark - Sunday only

Drive safe graham. See you Saturday.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

hope you all have fun this weekend, not sure if im nipping up or not on sunday, dont think lady fancies it. and not standing on my own in the car park lol.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Gold FFM
and not standing on my own in the car park lol.

Not necessary mate - I'm sure a few of us can live with the embarrasment and we'll come and have a chat! :D:angry:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Nasty nasty weather! Which looney was banging on about it being nice then?

:)

November the 24th was the last time my Esprits tyres have seen a dry road, and now

here we go again. Can't believe we have guys that claim not to have used their cars in

the wet!!! How???

:angry:

Off for pub lunch then heading off about 1ish. Note M40 J11/12 looks closed at the moment guys,

M1 look ok from my way, but bad up futher on past donny. M69 has contraflow and M42 is shut in

one direction as i type.

Take it steady out there people, see you soon.

:D

mayesprit - oh i see, i always thought it was the other way around LOL. me actually giving you ppl the houner to approach such greatness. lol.

i might nip up though, tbh i dont usually go in as im not into all the history so i find it a waste to spend

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Yes, be careful out there people, looks like the saturday am and sunday hooners will get the best of it.

See you all soon :angry:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Saturday sunshine for most of the day......the sun shines on the righteous

Erm....Do we have a gathering time at the Hotel before Convoying over to the track? Just asking in case people want to come and join the fun of seeing 20 or so ill looking forum members..... B)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

LEC aren't doing their Thang till 9.30. It doesn't open till 10 so wouldn't it be better to congregate at 9-9.15 for a 9.20-30 leave?

recover from what ? :angry:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Guest Steve L
An additional 45 mins recovery time then - that'll do nicely! :angry:

Don't forget the clocks go forward this weekend - so 1 hours less recovery time :D

is it elan/elise day on saturday as usual?

last donny i went to i went on elan day with a mate as he had a elan, was cool, some mad stuff