Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
just seen my first R8 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

just seen my first R8

ok its nice (and i HATE audi's), but its not

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Where have you been hideing mate? I keep thinking there getting too common. Had one following me on a lession yesterday.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Those glowy LED things look so naff once you've seen 2 or 3 .......

Mrs next door (happens to be blonde) thinks their really cool. She goes to the Gym a lot .........

Dude Yam not in the second city much recently, there are two regularily parked outside my office, flippin things am everywhere.

I like them, no not

Agree with James Gimme a 5 or 6 anyday. Saw one the other day and really thought it was a new TT.

It's a very rich hairdressers car and you're right defo not

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I still haven't seen one

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

There bloody lovely. Looked at one at the dealers the other day. Brakes are huge.

it was up for the bargain

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

They look OK but I could never buy one for fear of rumours ........'he couldn't afford a Gallardo'.................

Whereabouts am Yow Toby?....still cracks me up Brum now has a Lambo dealer!....ain;t we gettin' posh!

Edited by nello

• Gold FFM

Without sounding biased, I'm with Tony; I'd want to keep my money for the "Eagle". I reckon this'll be a complete belter. They are such a a clever bunch up @ Hethel. Seen the 'Ring times?

The R8's a great car mind; pretty normal to drive if you 'aint in the mood, but a real stonker if you want it to play, and a marvellous engine with some pretty superb dynamics. Whilst some of the detailing is exceptionally executed, the frontal styling is a cop out, and corporatism's taken over to my eyes at least; if only they could have made it more accurate to the concept featured in "I Robot" - that was stunning, especially in White; however we were there first in the flicks with a White mid engined supercar!

Scott

Hi,

I see one most mornings going to work, this guy takes his kids to the posh girls school on New Market road in Norwich, he has black and silver lettered number plates, so don't know how hes got away with that for so long on a new car, also the plate is R8 blah, blah something!

A mate at work has done nothing but rave about them after doing a track experience in one, he keeps trying to bash my Esprit, but I have told him not to under estimate the Esprit, it would give the R8 a run for it's money, and considering the Esprit hasn't had the money chucked at it like the Audi, the Esprits not bad.

I suppose if you want a supercar that looks like an everyday car that no one will notice then it's an ideal choice, unlike me who drives a bright yellow supercar! this is another one spotted on the way to work.

DSC00021.jpg

Owen.

They happen to be common as muck down here too now. Was out having coffee last weekend with mates on the side walk and a fella gave the car some death and blacked it up the road in front of us :P Sounded quite impressive. Would I buy one for that money if I had it? NO! Like any Audi it will take a right bath and be wont be surprised if you can get one for half price in a few yrs. We shall see!

Edited by kyliesmith.com
350.gifNo.23

Nello,

Bearwood Eh it!!!

And looking at your picture and location yam in the cundry so yow not a true brummy no more.

I hasten to add that I used to Live in Warwickshare and would again if were less expensive. Where abouts in Warks are you?

Nello,

Bearwood Eh it!!!

And looking at your picture and location yam in the cundry so yow not a true brummy no more.

I hasten to add that I used to Live in Warwickshare and would again if were less expensive. Where abouts in Warks are you?

Never was a Brummie really mate - Cov-boy originally but now live in Berkswell - between Cov and Solihull which is still Warwickshire despite what the bloddy council say!!! Solihullians are posh Brummies really but don't tell them that!

Edited by nello

Berkswell, talk about coincidence, a lot of my mates live in meriden, millisons wood and Balsall Common, I'm quite often loitering around that way!!!

Give it a few months, the secondhand market will be awash with 'em. Speculators are begining to dump them in large quantities. For instance, Pistonheads has over 50 For Sale adverts in their R8 section. Prices will fall throught he floor soon, despite the desirabilty of the product. Simple oversupply.

But a thirty grand, 5 year old R8 would make a tempting everyday slonker... :D

i dont like R8, i dont like the shape and comes queerish to me the middle color strip, i ve 3 around my place, and closely sean in audi showroom, during my S4 inspection, black plastics are very cheap look, heard problems with overheating.

there is no attractivity like esprit, R8 is simply concern car for me.

http://www.lotus-club.cz

lccz_banner.gif

Your 6 is my 12.

http://www.voodoo-world.cz

--------------------------------

I agree about that three-quarter vertical slab of alloy - looks plain daft! And they all seem to be grey over here - which is a fine colour for a primer, but I'd like a bit more colour under my clearcoat!

A nice yellow one with the alloy 'Smart' slab in body colour would be nice.

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"