Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 16 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five valves, eh? Must have happened to one of them "furrinn" jobs. <_<

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Whatever it was it certainly "Happened!"

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

That looks a lot like Brands Hatch, with a bit of snow on top. :getmecoat:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I'm presuming that those tracks were made during your early morning drive today ? Or was it just the milkman delivering to the long suffering marshals who had 'stuck' to their posts through all of the inclement weather?

When a mate said how do you fancy doing a bit of cockpit work in Concorde? I knew that he was not being entirely straight with me. On January 3rd 2006 myself and a couple of other chaps were confronted with this.....

Cockpit_before1.jpg

which became my "Tuesday Job".

Within about 6 months it had progressed to this.....

Cockpit_after.jpg

and continues to this day with our current efforts revolving around reviving the indicator, warning and instrument lighting. Our usual view of things on Tuesdays is something like this....

Behindtheengineerspanel.jpg

as we plough our way through miles of wiring, hundreds of pages of manual diagrams and thousands of connections.

If you would like to get a better feeling for the whole project which is based at Brooklands Museum in Surrey, please use this link here

Of course, being the world's first purpose built motor racing circuit, there are a lot of automotive things going on throughout the year too. Use this link to find out more.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

• Gold FFM

I hope Chris won't mind my replying - yes, that's DG. Chris and I - and many others - threw a significant portion of our lives into rebuilding her. Incredible fun. Simon, you must be in the industry...?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Not at all - I'm in IT - though I am a PPL student and lifelong aviation & flying addict. You wouldn't happen to be the same Sparky as over on the Concorde SST forum perchance? I've been a reader there since the dark days of the grounding.

Small world indeed. I've been meaning to pop over to Brooklands to see DG. Last time I saw her, she was whole and parked up in the open at Filton many many years ago before her temp hangar was built. I admire what Gordon & everyone else has achieved - something to be incredibly proud of. Maybe a good venue for a few EGs (LEFLEG/SLEG etc) to meet?

ps it definitely seems that people share similar pastimes and interests

Edited by tinywillyuk

• Gold FFM

Astounding coincidence! I guess speed is a common denominator. B)

Definitely want to make Brooklands a venue this year - been trying to get the OK for a fleet photoshoot in front of the Rocket!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

We initiated the request for photos in front of the pocket rocket several months ago and were met with some resistance along the lines of 'insurance/health and safety concerns' etc. They do allow 'club' photos on the banking, usually for a donation but thought that they would be opening up an avalanche of requests if they allowed similar stuff in front of Concorde.

Apparently some groups get really snotty at the idea that they have to pay to get in (except on special interest days if they have a vehicle that matches that particular day's interest) and are then expected to make a donation to enable them to take photographs of their beloved vehicles in some other area than an actual car park. What they miss is the fact that the site is mostly staffed by volunteer stewards who could be put in a difficult position if their pet wonder-vehicle causes any sort of harm to Mrs Smith's precocious offspring whom they are failing to control adequately.

I will follow up with them tomorrow when I am down there for another cockpit day....

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Well.. As some of you already know, my Aunt died this past week and I went to her funeral in Vancouver. I braught the camera along and thought I'd share some of the more beautiful, and less personal, shots that I took.

_MG_0647.jpg

This shot is just soo eerie.. The lighting at the graveyard was like this the whole time.. kind of misty:

_MG_0629.jpg

This is shot of the beack in Pt. Roberts Washington (just south of Vancouver)

_MG_0663.jpg

More to come in a bit...

Most of the pictures of that day.. I can't upload.. would kind of feel like a violation of privacy.. but there's a couple shots that I really like.. so here they are:

_MG_0777.jpg

This one is of me and my Dad:

_MG_0821.jpg

And this one is of my Dad.

_MG_0679.jpg

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Thats not the moon thats a very small thought bubble......

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Nah he's just checking if electricity and petrol interact.

Next picture should be a big yellow explosion something like this;

post-3282-1234319394_thumb.jpg

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.