Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 193 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting cold war info here about an undercover drillship that was used to try and steal a Russian submarine under the Russians noses.  Even in the drillship world we had only heard bits of this story over the years.  I hadn't known they only brought up the useless bit of the sub.  For all we know I guess maybe they had more but didn't say?

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Okay so here is a drone video of my ship taken on Friday as we are sitting at anchor in Las Palmas, Gran Canarias.  First time I had seen one in the flesh and very impressed as well considering the breeze that was blowing.

If you want to see how we were built then watch here.  

Okay, well that maybe wasn't the full thing but how cool is it to have a proper Lego model of your own ship in a Lego box?  A bit like Gordon Masson getting a Corgi model of his S1 Esprit.  We all got one a couple of years back and mine sadly is still sealed in it's box.  There is actually a black market for them on Flea Bay. Must find the time to build it or wait for a grandchild I guess to be allowed an excuse.

The real shipyard build video is here

• Like 1

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Not you I hope?  Any grinder or buffer should always be used with a guard he says stating the bleeding (no pun intended) obvious after the photo. 

In the offshore world we aren't allowed to remove them and any operator of ANY grinder, be it bench or portable has to be trained in the Abrasive Wheels Regs and refresher trained every 3 years.  This just to use them and to be able to change discs, cutters, flappers etc, read the disk types and limitations etc. etc.  Far too many people end up like the photo otherwise.  The horror stories are frequently promulgated.  Discs shattering not even through abuse are all too frequent.  Anybody caught using one without safety glasses AND a face shield or goggles is in deep shit. 

• Gold FFM

This has been making the local news. These road signs in Dartmouth in Devon just happen to cast an unusual shadow at a certain time of day.

The junction concerned is called Dead Mans Cross.

F7634459-C1E6-4B8D-9E39-85AED7736613.jpg

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!