Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 33 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Esprithk: I was just in Alaska too, on Holland America! We also saw went up to Canada, saw Hubbard glacier on the way, and even got to hike on the Mendenhall glacier. I may have to nick some of your shots for our album, they're spectacular!

Here's a few of mine:

"Hey, weren't those in 'Titanic'?"

Picture125.jpg

Near Hubbard Glacier

Picture103.jpg

Calm water, clear day

Picture166.jpg

I believe this means "In case of giant floating hamburgers, seek higher ground!"

Picture004.jpg

:)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

the evil smile of the guilty..

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I used to think Aston Martins were rare until I went to the San Francisco area last weekend.

P7250052.jpg

P7250051.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the Bugatti race car we saw driving through the hills earlier that day.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

nice place to stay for a while, or as stop over on a Europe-Tourist-Tour...

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

"There goes the neighborhood," eh Graham?

"Still Life" from the garden.

(The $2,000.00 mellon. "Back to the land" program proves gastronomically rewarding for the Mrs [and family :P ], but of questionable economic merit. :):getmecoat: )

Edited by Iconic Ride

Not so much 'Random' as an eclectic collection from 11 days in the States (Seattle - Snoqualmie - Boise - Bend - Springfield - Olympus - Seattle)

Snoqualmie Falls - setting used in the opening credits to 'Twin Peaks'. Near Seattle, Washington.

CIMG6924.jpg

A work in progress next to the finished article. 1955 Chevvy Nomads at the National Convention in Boise, Idaho

CIMG7164.jpg

Donny Mac's Trailer Park Diner.. Kids, you can eat in the car, daddy's not going to complain about the mess... this time.

CIMG715354.jpg

You wouldn't want to linger here. It's the place where they handed out the 'suspended sentences' in the Boise Penitentiary.

CIMG744546.jpg

.... or here. I gather breakfast with the old lady can be interesting.

CIMG7706.jpg

Don't you just hate it when you've washed your feathers and can't do a thing with them?

CIMG7761.jpg

"It don't bother me" said he, smugly.

CIMG7759.jpg

Tumalo Falls near Bend, Oregon

CIMG7827.jpg

Big Brother is watching you! Custom Car Cruise in Springfield, Oregon

CIMG8077.jpg

Some incredible motors and paint jobs in evidence. No, it's not Bibs driving!

CIMG7999.jpg

Mt St Helens from the Visitor Centre. (47 miles away by road, 35 as the crow flies)

CIMG8131.jpg

The eruption, blast and pyroplastic flow laid waste to 220 sq miles of landscape and it's effects were felt 17 miles away, as the crow flies

CIMG8252.jpg

6 miles away is the memorial to the 57 people who lost their lives and is the closest you can physically get to the mountain without being an accredited scientist or Park Ranger

CIMG8250.jpg

Of course you can see more with a long lens..... the three 'humps' in the middle of the crater are the 5th, 6th and 7th plugs of magma which were forced to the surface. Difficult to see, but they are surrounded by the glacier which they split apart during their growth. You can get a better view of the glacier using Google Earth.

CIMG8212.jpg

Not sure what the road planners had in mind when they named this place, but it is reputed to be very close to the Olympia brewery!

CIMG8254.jpg

Edited by wookie

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

And did you partake of the "Firebee Honey" whilst dining on the pancakes at Snoqualmie Lodge, Sir Wookie? Yummy!

Great pics, Chris. Keep 'em coming if you've more. :getmecoat:

John, unfortunately not. I had spent the morning and early afternoon at the Museum of Flight in Seattle on the Friday and was on a mission to cover nearly 600 miles to Boise, the site of the 21st Chevrolet Nomad Association Convention, while seeing as much as possible by Sunday.

As it turned out, there wasn't much to see once in the high desert in Idaho, except the scenery after transiting the magnificent Cascades Range, that didn't involve a 200 mile detour. I ended up bashing on to Boise and arrived a day early, so I could have spent more time in the Seattle area. There was more of interest on the return leg(s) as I followed the 'right angled' bits of a triangular trip, figuring that the 'hypotenuse' wouldn't have changed in the intervening week at Boise.

The CNA convention is held during the second full week in July and alternates, largely between the East and West sides of the USA with the occasional foray into the middle, like next year when it will be held in Rapid City, South Dakota. For those of you who, like me aren't 'Brain of Britain' when it comes to geography, it is very close to Mount Rushmore.

Interestingly enough, the CNA (of which I am the only current UK member) picks places for their conventions which would not normally appear on an ordinary Englishman's 'Bucket List'. Of course when you get to the location there is always plenty to see and do. If you chose to drive from the nearest gateway-airport (usually several hundred miles away) rather than get an internal flight, you see an awful lot of places that you wouldn't normally think of visiting. I find that to be a really interesting as you start to get a handle on what 'middle America' is all about.

It seems, as a 'foreigner', that Americans take an inordinate pride in their country, with much reason, at least geographically. Unfortunately, if the Mayor's dog happens to crap in the middle of a sidewalk they are likely to create a museum around it so you have to be selective about what you visit.

Last year, the convention gave me the opportunity to travel nearly 2000 miles in three weeks seeing 5 states (DC, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Maryland). Yes, I know that totals to 6... but DC, as a State or Commonwealth or whatever the official designation may be, really comes under the 'Mayor's dog' category of manufactured areas! Oops, there goes my welcome back....

Time permitting, I'll post some more pics next week.

<br />

In practice, there is!

Sounds like you had way too much fun, Chris. :shock:

I have to ask; do you by chance own a Nomad, and if not, how the heck did you become interested in them? They are a bit "esoteric" afterall!

Got to see one at the last Austin Car Show. :rolleyes:

(ps, the CNA site claims they also have members from Sweden, New Zealand, and Australia!)

John, I would love to own a Nomad.... but, you guessed it, I don't

I met the guys from New Zealand and Australia in Boise last month but not the Swedish contingent. I'm sure there are a couple of other countries with members. I will check when the new membership list arrives in a couple of months.

My interest was first kindled in 1984 when my late wife was the Matron of Honour to her best friend who was marrying a Californian. He was a member of the now defunct Oakland chapter of the precursor organisation from which CNA emerged (lots of grubby politics and self serving interest killed it off). The current club, which is in it's 21st year is well run, by the members, for the members. I'm only in my second year of full membership but have made several good friends, some of which I have shown round London when they came over for the Lord Mayor's New year's day parade. Additionally, I have standing invitations to several Nomad owner's homes dotted all over the States. They're a super bunch. Next year, the convention is in Rapid City, South Dakota so I'm really looking forward to being able to see Mount Rushmore 'up close and personal'. At this rate, it will only be a few years before I have visited all of the contiguous states by just being a member of CNA!

<br />

In practice, there is!

Sorry I'm afraid my source was the EAA site and it was posted in their pictures of events that occurred at the last Air Venture. My copy is only about 700X450. It is a shame too, that particular one does the photographer credit.

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

• Gold FFM

Bloody hell. One day soon I'll log on to find you've been in space.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

So you think a Lotus presents problems? Try putting one of these back together....

DSCF1424.jpg

DSCF1427.jpg

Any guesses?

<br />

In practice, there is!

is that 'the concorde' at brooklands?

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Almost, it's the state it was in at Filton just before being moved to Brooklands for restoration.

It looks a bit better now

DSCF6538.jpg

with more lights being woken up on a regular basis.

DSCF6548.jpg

<br />

In practice, there is!