Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
4! - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

4!

Bibs

Congratulations to you!!!!!!!!..........

I've only recently joined this forum having only purchased my S1 in the last few months but already the value has been immense! Thanks so much for providing the forum Bibs and to those who support it through logging on and contributing to each day. Please don't let the issues of the past few days discourage or deflate you; no matter how much they hurt or anger now, this community is an amazing place and one which has many inhabitants, some new, some old but all are here for a common reason or purpose.

I for one fully intend to support and help in any way I can and hope that new members coming into this place feel as welcome and feel as free to ask for help/advice as I have.........And hope in time to make some new friends!!!!!

Happy birthday!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday Us.....and many thanks Bibbo for keeping it going and making it so good.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Thanks Pops for fathering this little nipper.

Happy birthday LEF :welcome:

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Wow! Congratulations to everyone involved in making this forum such a great place. The knowledge I've acquired here has made owning my car so much more of a pleasure. Not only that but I've met some great people, and look forward to getting to know more in the future. Here's to many more years.

Trevor

Once upon a time, in a small island nation known for the good manners and civility of its people, its countless scholars and statesmen, its parallel heritage of royalty and pagentry, and its history of worldwide discovery and colonization, there arose a small cottage industry manufacturer of esoteric, highly unique sports cars appealing to a select few. Those connoisseurs who acquired these uncommon automotive gems would invariably spend large amounts of time explaining to those unacquainted (and they were legion) to the marque the details of their prize, and herein lay a problem. While small production numbers guaranteed the rights of exclusivity, it likewise ensured that this tiny band of cognoscenti would often be found struggling to maintain their steeds in running order, owing to the even tinier band of tradesmen with sufficient knowledge to be qualified to perform the inevitable maintenance and repairs necessary to any device with moving parts.

The owners of these singular and iconic vehicles would often posess a streak of independence and a degree of resourcefulness not found among the masses piloting more mundane transports. And among them arose a champion, know to all as Sir "Bibs." Hewn from solid English stock, and possessing prodigious talents and copious energy, Sir Bibs set about to make right the world of Lotus owners far and wide. And so it came to pass, after much toil and effort, the establishment of a medium of discourse for all to access. The collective knowledge, skills, and aptitude of the Lotus clan was fully brought to bear upon the day to day exigencies entailed in supercar ownership. And in the fullness of time there came about the evolution of a fraternal community, a nation within a nation, dedicated to the sharing of precious information found nowhere else, and a spirit of camaraderie unlike that of other automotive nations. And it was good.

And so we salute you, Sir Bibs. We commend you for your tireless labors, your ceaseless endeavours, your boundless enthusiasm and zeal for all things Lotus, and most of all for maintaining a sense of humour about it all, despite the inevitable glitches along the way.

Happy Birthday, LEF!

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

Happy 4th LEF!

More importantly, well done Bibs, for keeping this superb forum going over those four years. You are the backbone of a great community, and long may it continue.

Thankyou

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

A well deserved Happy birthday, and thanks for all your effort in this fantastic forum.

:dizzy:

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Happy Birthday LEF!

Sorry I missed it at the beginning - I was on all the old Esprit mailing lists and completely missed LEFs birth as my car was in deep 'open wallet surgery' at the time...

Only discovered as Lottie was nearing her re-birth - and wished I'd found LEF earlier...

Bibs - great resource, great community spirit...

Having run similar things, albeit on a far smaller scale, I understand the work that must be involved - well done Bibs - and all the mods...

You ARE appreciated :dizzy:

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Happy Birthday and many thanks for all of the hard work and effort put into this forum to make it such a fantastic source and such a great success! :dizzy:

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

top job, happy birthday LEF

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Yup! Happy Birthday LEF... I feel honoured to be member no. 365... despite having dissapeared for the past 2 years... when you see memberships numbers going into the 000s you know you're part of something much bigger and more noteworthy than once imagined ;-) Thanks to all the moderators. The site's your making. ;-)

Edited by EspritMiltonKeynes

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Yup! Happy Birthday LEF... I feel honoured to be member no. 365... despite having dissapeared for the past 2 years... when you see memberships numbers going into the 000s you know you're part of something much bigger and more noteworthy than once imagined ;-) Thanks to all the moderators. The site's your making. ;-)

Hi, James. Great to hear from you. It was such a shame what happened to your Esprit. I see that now you don't have an Esprit you've moved away from the city of roundabouts. Hope you are doing well and that we will see loads more of here as I always enjoyed your posts ans was always impressed with someone so young getting an Esprit.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE