Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 14 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

what does he study -pharmacy !? :sick:

an serious automotive engineering student would not go to Amsterdam -no way, never

..to much totally stoned tourists in the way, and you can't drive much fast on dutch motorways..

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I test drove an Evora. It's not often I am left lost for words. But it truly is unbelievable, out of this world, handles like a dream, is unbelievably responsive and incredibly comfortable. It is truly fabulous. I am grinning from ear to ear!

To all at Hethel....You have got this so flaming spot on RIGHT!! And nice to meet Scott too at Bell & Colvill.

OMG you lucky lady, congrats, must have been everything you had hoped for eh!!! :sick:

350.gifNo.23

I'am happy for many reasons :D

Came back from Amsterdam. Saw red lights area and 'girls' on windows. Just saw them, nothing more.

We were yesterday in B.B. Kings concert. 83 years old and still on the road!

And summer continues it's 25 degrees just now, it's forecasted 29 degrees today.

And one car related thing. Red rope syndrom solved! That red plastic pipe removed and replaced with metallic pipe. Gear change works much better now.

The mesh for my rear valance arrived today, so I can finish assembling the back of the car. :D

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

DVDrack12.jpg

I finished 1 of my holiday projects today. A new CD & DVD rack 96 CDs & 144 DVDs. Please note, I designed it, I built it, and while I had the spray gun out I painted it. OK to some of the talents on this forum it's not that great, but I'm no carpenter so I'm impressed.

Roger :D

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

CIMG6731M.jpg

Harrier at the Boeing Museum of Flight (don't let them try and tell you that it's an MD AV8B... it's still a Harrier!)

CIMG6834M.jpg

It's that Fokker Bibs, still trying to get me for chavving Dodgy's car with neons

CIMG7094M.jpg

Things got a bit better when I was looking for somewhere to spend the night!

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

• Gold FFM

the ugliest car in the world , called *the green frog* passed its certification today...

BILD0229.JPG watch out the official German T

Kermit lives!

("It's not easy being green.") :P

Congrats on passing the certification tests, Gunter. :yes:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

thanks man !

...even if I'm not the guy from the BBC *wheelers dealers* -it is still alive :yes:

Am living out of Hotels on and off for the next 4 weeks, starting at High Wycombe Tues/Wed, Plymouth next week, Northumberland and MAnchester week after.... that makes me sad. :yes:

BUT my family actually miss me when I am away....and coming home to that is great as you suddenly don't get taken for granted! :P Thats good!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...

I got a job!, started work today first day in work since xmas eve 2008 its only a 16 week job, but its work...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Well done Howard, must be good to lift the stress of hunting for work and finding some. Hope something more permanent comes from it (ifs its what you want ).

All the best

Alex

I got a call today from my Import / Customs broker in Sydney, to tell me that my Lotus Esprit will be delivered to me tomorrow morning. That seemed like the longest 3 months of my life ! :) I am very happy today !!

Too many Toys are never enough !

Don't believe it till you see it, I had a phone call from Somalia the other day looking for a valuation on an Esprit they're holding for ransom. :) a red 88 I hear.

Yes sir Mr Roger, fine sir. I am to be certain in telling you that this call is of the genuine article and in fine fettle of fact with regard to your inestimable ride, which now resides sublimely in munificent repose in my brother Abdulla's residential carriageway. Please be not unduly alarmed, as he has vouchsafed with an oath to Allah that it will be magnificently attended to, and that you should in no manner be of extensive worry.

We are in need of your estimation of the vehicle's treasured value to your mental facilities, so as to arrive at an unreasonable demand in recompense for its safe return to the island of Ozstaylia in a hasty manner.

Not being great fools, we are supremely aware that you are of the belief that your Esprit is still in place in your own garage. We are inclined to tell you that it is to be brought to your attention that the vehicle now in the parked postion in your carriageway is not at all what your perceptions are making an illusion to you. The red fabrication that your bewildered eyes fall upon is but a complete fake manufactured in eastern Somalia and imported to Ozstaylia with practiced secrecy to your small concrete patch of parkway as to make for complete and total deception to your senses.

Please be of extreme swiftness in the reply of the current monetary value of your vehicle, with expression in units of Somalian shillings, as this will ease our extortionary effort in agreeable ways. Once we have received this most necessary information we will contact you in rapid manner with our offer of exorbitant ransom. In such most clever interweb fashion do we kindly achieve most expectant hopes of personal enrichment. It is my duty as a servant of Allah to inform your attention to certainty of knowledge that my brother Abdullah has intentioned me that should you not think onto this matter in highly affirmative ways that he will perform the heinous and abominable act of mating your transom with an aerodynamic protuberance of great size and proportion as further inducement to your acquiescence toward our goal of renumerative increasement.

Inshalla and supreme salutations of the day to you sir,

Omar and Abdulla Ahmad ibn ibrihim al-Ghazi

Mogadishu, Republic of Somalia

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I got a call today from my Import / Customs broker in Sydney, to tell me that my Lotus Esprit will be delivered to me tomorrow morning.

About time too.

Good luck sleeping tonight. I remember the night before I picked mine up I had dreams (nightmares) that when I arrived to see her it was actually a big red tractor. Very stressfull dream that.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

the work I have is for the duration of an electrical installation at a new fittness complex in stoke on trentm which is a 16 contract. After that who knows its too early to say, thanks for all the good wishes, I need to get some money in then I can mot the esprit and de sorn it ready for sale...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Gold FFM

you maybe could contact *streetz* (an member in this board) -if he does want to buy your car for a reasonable price. In that way you do not need to put money in it for a full new time of GB 'MOT' ,as that would mean wasted money for an car thats aimed to be imported... . :(