Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 80 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Yeah but I'd have to spend all that extra money on pampers and new grundies every time I went up there - I get height sick if I jump off the ground!  Though interestingly I have no problem whatsoever sitting on my backside at 5 miles up in a plane, held together by glue and kept in the air by nothing more than forward motion and air pressure.  Jeez, just realised how mucked up my head must be.....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Now thats an achievment. I work on cranes and hate hights, crazy but true.

I didn't go up very high, unless 3 rungs is classified as high?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Haha , it's real strange, remember when you were kids, you could climb a tree or a rock and think nothing of it, then when you went to come down it was nippy sweety time and all your mates just waiting for you to fall, well about 30 years ago I did actually fall. End result stuck in a hospital bed for nine months, muscles wasted away to sod all and had to learn to walk again with one leg slightly shorter then the other. Couple of funny stories there as well, got out of hospital with both lehs in plaster and the first thing I wanted was a pint, bearing in mind my accident happened at 0830 in the morning on the first of bloody January and no drink was involved, not even the night before as I knew I was on call and would probably have to drive. Anyway gets home with said crutches and make for my local for a long awaited pint of nice cold Tennent's Lager. Now my local was upstairs on the second floor but getting up wasnt an issue, comming down, well different story, two pints, legs like jellied eels and down we come, arse first. But hell the pint was good. On another excursion a few weeks later we were visiting friends in a neighbouring town so my mate and I of course would go to the bar for a few. ex hours later one pissed man on crutches with both legs in plaster trying to hobble back home with a mate being dragged behind me. A taxi driver stopped to help out as he couldnt help but laugh at the state of us, he even gave us the taxi for free.. Anyway 15 years later and I am back offshore doing a white knuckle ride every bloody day I am at work and the effect is still the same, go up no problem, climg out overboard onto the boom to carryout inspection, train guys on how to do it, then turn round to come back inboard and go oh FUCK. You get past it, well almost but paying bills and having a love of sometimes sexpensive toys can be a great bonus. So five years further on I now sit in an office and avice others on how to do it, I write contracts worth megga amounts of money to my employers, I go do a site visit all on the flat, no climbing involved and have bloody stroke, where's the justice. So now weeks on, been back at work with little or no side effects and now ready to go home again in 38.45 hrs, not that I am counting anything, other than my blessings. I can still work, I have a cracking wife who loves my toys as I do and I am luckier than some. One of whome was a great inspiration to me when things went to ratshit and gave, and still does, give me a great deal was the guy who said he had just managed to climb a step ladder to tri his garden hedge. To the usual guy that means not a lot but when you cant do it because the brain wont help or the hands and feet go different places to where you are directing them that simple climb up the steps was to me climbing back out a boom at 120 Mtrs in the air above a 7mt high swell in 30 knot winds knowing damb fine if you fell you simply werent coming back.

Hats off to Michael, that bloody step ladder was huge, I know I fell off the bugger but mine was 40Ft in the air with a solid landing, same effect huge boost to the confidence when you can get back up again.

P.S. excuse any typos, remnants of a TIA.

• Gold FFM

Well happy today for sure, just looked the clock in my apartment in deepest Atyrau to find in 5 hrs time I will be out of here and on my way back to sunny Scotland. Beds all stripped and ready for comming back, apartment all tidy and ship shape, yep the cleaner was in today. Bags packed and raring to go. Get a couple of hours kip on the sofa before 4 am pickup, fly out at 6, 4 hr time change which is a bugger then land in Dyce about 14.30. Thats after a stop over in Amsterdam to sample Murphys bars finest cooked breakfast washed down with a real pint, ah nectar.

Happy. Oh yes.

• Gold FFM

Will do but give ma chance to get home first. Just heard today that after almost 3 weeks SJ have still to send me back my waterpump, man thats going to hold things up this weekend.

That's pretty mountainous countryside....vertiginous, even....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Picked up Scarlett today from the paint shop where she went for the half SR look - front lips and sides. Off to MMC next week for the barge boards and pics to follow.... Really does change how the car looks but still not sure re the mirrors and roof.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Well the Yellow Peril has had a good run out this afternoon to Aberdeen, through traffic and no heating problems. Gave her a short blast on the way back and all's fine. Well impressed at this purchase. The new enforced number plates actually suit her color as well. Thanks PC plod.

post-12149-0-73290400-1434736253.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Finished the hedge out the back today so happy about that. The biggie though is getting up 5 rungs of the ladder (count 'em - 5!) and actually straddling the ladder to finish the job off. Just got to be careful but not nervous up there at all. :animier:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Mmm, thinks me. I would cut down the hedge to reachable height and get rid of the ladder, but again it has achieved another goal so maybe not. Just get fit for your trip next year Micheal and I promise to have a nice old Malt ready for you. and dont fall off them bloody steps.

I have a hedge on three sides of my land, and I maintain it lovingly.

It is a semi main road, and the eight foot hedge provides a sound barrier, privacy, is actually green, and when maintained, a source of pride. And of course, it doubles as a fence!

The exercise is fine, and I have had four strokes, two heart attacks, have replacement knee joints, and more injuries not listed. But I am not quick!

Takes an afternoons work about six times a year to keep it straight and shaped.

Treat it like your hair, just give it a haircut rather than hack at it, and it rewards you. A little often.

Had the hedge for fifteen years in current location. A source of joy.

Edited by reebok

My approach to hair is a bit like Barry and John's approach to hedges Peter.  3mm from the gound and trimmed right back to the stump!

post-18801-0-94283900-1434955952.jpg

The small print.

Didn't quite make me happy but certainly gave me a great big smile. Very clever and spotted at at Garden Centre just off the M6 near Carlisle:

post-18801-0-75347100-1435044079.jpg

The small print.

So, picked up Scarlett, my little ardent red Evora and she now has the half sport racer look (front lip and side sills) and the Lotus Sport barge boards. She looks like a reet angry bitch with attitude now!  So, do I now go for the black top and mirrors too?  Hmmm, decisions.

• Like 2

The small print.