Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 94 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Last Lamb of the year born - WoooHoooo! We can start planning a normal sleep routine and try and plan on how to get the three orphan lambs out of the kitchen into the barn (just wearing socks in the kitchen can be perilous at the moment). Also in a week or so can reclaim the barn for working on the cars and maybe just maybe get the Lotus back on the road :)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Well the Yellow Peril went for her MOT today and passed, great joy. She disgraced herself a little by deciding to let go the bottom Jubilee clip on the radiator hose while she was on the ramp, it had corroded through, but couldn't happen in a better place. One advisory, slight play on front anti roll bar bush. Aslo found while she was on the ramp that it's not the front crankcase oil seal that's leaking, it's the lower cam box cover gasket and the way the car had been sitting, the oil was running to the front giving the impression that it was coming from the crank case.

Now I know what I am doing this weekend.

Mrs W was of course instructed to get online and get the Peril taxed post haste.

:stuart:

lol.....

I had something similar.......

the Elan passed its MoT with flying colours......only to refuse to start after it was all over and I got the certificate in my hand

a quick wipe round the webers to remove the excess fuel (Id got carried away pumping the pedal) and whip the plugs out clean and replace......hey presto.......started on the button........

well it is 48 years old......its allowed to be a little fussy every once in a while

:thumbsup:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

Oh joy. New tyres fitted to all four corners of the Peril S3 today and the difference is unbelievable. Another happy day.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Well done John. :thumbsup: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Just been sent a link to a car museum in Istanbul that our Turkish Lotus owning friends have recommended. A must see and a surprise to find one there.

On 19 April 2016 at 07:37, johnpwalsh said:

Just celebrated one year since my stroke and still doing well, still living life and no further effects.

Happy today, Oh yes. 

That made me happy today.  Excellent news!

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF galatian. :welcome: 

Duck over to the Introductions thread and say hi and tell us more about yourself.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Hi Galatian. It was a pleasure to see you and your rather nice Ferrari in my REAR view mirror, especially with that number plate. LOT, it would have been better on my car, but I suppose a Ferrari owner will always aspire to something better.:lol: lol.  The old Esprit can still turn a few heads, nothing to do with the in your face color and can't be missed lol.

That old  class B road is nice for giving the car a good run out when it's quiet. Must admit I did like the awesome sound as you went passed. We turned off at the beach to see if you would stop in past but noticed you got caught at two sets of lights. If you are local and kicking about on Sunday morning, there will be a crowed of us down at the beach by the Ballroom at about 0945 on Sunday morning for National Drive it Day. Last year we had 79 cars. We leave the beach at 10.15 am and go for a drive through country lanes , Belhelvie, Pittmedden, Methlick, New Dear, Old Dear, and this year we terminate at Aden Country Park in Mintlaw for coffee. We also have another bright Red prancing horse in the village next to us owned by an old friend of mine who you may know from the motoring world. Gino Ferrari. Gino has had Ferrai's for as long as I have known him, and that's a fairly long time.

It should be a good run with quite a few exotics.You are more than welcome to pop down and join us.

John & Wendy.

Got up this morning and realised i had a 300 mile car journey to do. :(  But then, I saw the sun was out, and realised that the best way for me to get from Perthshire to Cheshire was to head down the coastal route in Fife to Edinburgh. Over the Forth bridge and down through the Borders heading roughly for Jedburgh/Coldstream depending on the road. Then turn due West and go cross country to Carlisle and on to Worthington, for a play down the coastal roads/and lake roads of the Lake District / Cumbria to then head due east, over the Pennines to Shipley for a late lunch, before heading down around Keighley, Hebden Bridge etc. to Glossop and into the North Peak District to drop down and then west to Cheshire.. Hmmm, looks like it might be nearer 475 miles now. Good job I'm going in the E-phwoar-a!!!    lol.  :animier::driving:

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Mmm, I can honestly see this being extended somewhat. You may have to detour to miss the snow storms we are currently having up North as they are due to drift South. This of course will mean more additional miles. Have a good run bud.