Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The official Lotus Esprit exhaust "sound and video" page! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The official Lotus Esprit exhaust "sound and video" page!

shadeone

Ladies and gentlemen,

I present to you... The official Lotus Esprit exhaust sound and video clip page!

http://shadeone.com/exhaust

For a long time now, I have seen it asked many times for people to post videos or sounds of their exhaust whenever there is something done that is not stock. I have been collecting these videos for a while and decided to link to the ones that are still online somewhere and the ones that weren't, I re-uploaded them to youtube, complete with details on the setup that the car is running. This is all in order to help someone who is still undecided on what they want the final sound of their car's exhaust to sound like, should they be going with a custom setup.

As it says on the page, if any of the videos are unavailable or down, please let me know and I can re-upload them as I have backups on my home computer. If you have any that you would like added, please post them to youtube and then provide me with a link on this thread and I can get it posted to the list!

shade

p.s. A link to this page will be in the LEF wiki.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Shadeone! I wish I could have heard all that two weeks ago.I just did my exhaust yesterday on my 90 SE.I went with Magnaflow cat and muffler 2.5 inch pipe.Im extremely happy,really nice deep tone(could stand to be a little louder),Im thinking of removing the muffler!Here in So.Cal. we need the cat.

• 1 year later...

Hey shade,

Here are some S1 clips on YouTube:

If you don't mind the background music, here are two clips of my S1 with Dellortos, test pipe, and a stainless sport exhaust intended for a Giugiaro Turbo Esprit (I forget whether it's from Dave Bean or JAE):

At 0:54 in this video is a close-up of same car/setup revving at idle:

Exact same silencer on a Dellorto-equipped S1 with different cam timing, jetting, and a hollowed original Lotus catalyst:

Gavin's S1 with Dellortos and stock-style replacement exhaust (uncertain of exact model). Includes exhaust-only close-up at around 1:27:

Cheers,

Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE