Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ugliest car(s) you've ever seen - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ugliest car(s) you've ever seen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG....This is SO wrong......

Does it come with the BLACK & WHITE CAT option?

I was thinking the other day when an R Reg Range Rover pulled up beside me - (the guy was covered in cheap gold and giving it the large) - "Is there anything more tragic on the road than someone larging it in LAST SEASONS RANGE ROVER!"

I can't think of a single car that creates such an image of 'wanna b a rich man but didn't pay enough attention at school! The boxster is in the same ball park (i know, i had one) can anybody think of other examples? lesser or greater extent

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

What I found amazing about Sangyong is that they were able to base themselves on the pontiac Aztec but they where even able to make it worst.

How can someone make something even similar or consider the pontiac after the disaster it was on sales

The othe car That I could easily nominate is the BMW 6 series

Edited by lince

I'd drive the micra, but only in pink :laughing: (pink has crept its way onto my car, see sig)

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I still think the Fiat Multipla wins the award for ugliest car of all time.

Dont care what you lot say .... i still think the Multipla is cool ... its one of these "cool wall" issues and i like it ... so there :unsure:

Chris Bangle (now BMW head of design) did the Multipla whilst he was at Fiat, and his work has always been very polarising(love /hate).

Giugiaro did the Capsula in 1982 which is a similar type of vehicle (but not as aquatic/organic as the Multipla, which is very Luigi Colani-Ford Ghia in the 90's influenced).

249car.jpg

fmp.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

There was a letter in the October Car magazine suggesting that the problem with car styling nowadays was that the cars were masculine and aggressive whereas they used to be feminine and curvy.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Are you f..king mad?

"I really dont like the Lotus Exige either. I've tried to get to like it (and its slightly less ugly sister the Elise) , but I just cant.(sorry)"

ribbernator1181.jpg

No , but are you f...ing blind? :laughing:

nerd_glasses.jpg

I take it your enamoured with the Exige S then and will be buying one?

You dont get to see many of then in North America ATM, but I did manage to see quite a few of them when I visited the Lotus factory last year, so I have had a look (at lenth) around these cars (finished in various colours) and came away not a lover of its (over)styling. The kids seem to like them though!

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion(s), and just because its a modern Lotus doesnt make it a work of stylistic art in my book, sorry bloke!

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

I must admit i preferrred the S1 Exige for its LeMans styling but i still like the S2 Exige and I must say the Exige GT3 seen at the open day is stunning! Its true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder be there is more than one type of aesthetic! For example whats prettier a flower in full bloom or your esprit - they are both beautiful in their own right (god i sound like some soppy poet don't I) but back to my point I think the G cars are a very pretty car visually but think the Exige is equally good to look at for its agressive and purposeful styling! it also looks like its flat out even when its stationary (i meen sat still not the stufff you write poems on!)

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

The Elise and Exige remind me alot like the Gremlins, the Elise/Exige started out in S1 guise as pretty little Dinoesque thing all cute ,timeless in a classic way and innofensive.

Then Russell Carr accidently got water on it and bloody hell get that thing away from me! :laughing:

Gremlins.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

I was saving up to get a new Land Rover Discovery this year - but I can't get past the boxy-look. Damn.

lr32005frontif7.jpg

Mind you, I did just buy a new Mazda 2 three months ago as a third car - runaround (17yo son - new driver :respect: ), so I clearly have no issues with little boxes, (looks like this one off the net).

mazda2lite7goldfj7.jpg

Iain

Edited by iainskea

• 1 year later...

With apologies to Entienne, and having thoroughly enjoyed his ongoing "most beautiful cars" thread, I felt the need to start a (perhaps more challenging?) counterpoint thread, to keep the world's vehicular karma in balance. If nothing else, it will make one appreciate the more elegant end of the spectrum all the more.

No particular limit. I'll start with my personal domestic "fave," and a couple of lesser examples. Let the cathartic rants begin.

Pontiac Aztec. Even a postcard perfect backdrop can't save it. Barf!

Chrysler Gremlin. Gag me!

Ford Edsel. Looks the part in Havana, however.

Kombelina. A soccer mom's dream, oh yeah!

Edit: Leave it to the FNG to not realize that this thread has historical precedent. Sorry, and thanks to whoever did the "merge."

Edited by Iconic Ride

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Ouch! Hurt me, hurt me.... :P

Hope you're talking about the current model, and not the early version, James.

And what's up with the 'vette shot? Did BMW buy out Chevy? Does that make the 6 series a Bimmrolet or a Cheemmer?

Chrysler Gremlin? That's an AMC Gremlin.

I should know - my wife had one when we got married. And its driving characteristics are not as bad as its appearance - they're worse!

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

You're absolutely correct, Mike. It's AMC. About 2AM in the morning, as I awoke from a bad dream about ugly cars, I realized my error, but was too damn tired to rectify it. Anyway, you "passed the test," and I couldn't help but notice that I lured you into your 23rd Post! You're on a roll now, dude. :P

And anybody who has an Esprit and a Europa can't be all bad. :)

Does "mama" drive either Loti now?

I didn't intend to be nitpicking, but the picture of the Gremlin brought back fond(?) memories - a lack of power exceeded only by the feebleness of the brakes, a steering box that used oatmeal as a viscous coupling fluid, and more understeer than your average oil tanker. It was even that colour.

By the way, the Gremlin was funded by her father as a grad gift. He ignored our advice to get a Honda Civic because it had just been introduced to North America and you know how unreliable those foreign cars can be for getting parts. That just illustrates the basic golden rule of money - he who has the gold makes the rules.

By your reference to "mama", I assume you mean the Supreme Exalted Ruler who can drive either Lotus but generally chooses not to.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Did you manage to eventually resell the Gremlin, or simply push it over a cliff to collect the insurance proceeds? (just kiddin')

In our household, "She Who Must Be Obeyed" never learned to use a stick, so I'm "forced" to be the only Lotus driver. Oh darn.