Wings

PICT0001.jpg

Front end balance

PICT0004-1.jpg

The higher than high wing

PICT0005-1.jpg

The front end splitter

PICT0007.jpg

The only known practical use :dizzy: , my thanks to my neighbour for the disgusting ashtray.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And round 17 goes to Mr. Harris. :dizzy:

[sound of bell]

Round 18:

Wings

I think that I shall never see

A thing as lovely as a wing.

A wing whose down`force is prest

Against the sweet air's flowing breast.

A wing that looks at God and sings,

And lifts her arms above the dings.

A wing that may in summer fling

A nest of robins to smithereens.

Upon whose bosom snow has clinged,

Who intimately bling does bring.

Despite the Aussie's flagrant stings,

Wings are made by Lotus for me,

To give my ride that extra zing.

And my bell do they thus ring.

And that's the thing, you see,

As off the wall I tend to ping.

(with apologies to Joyce Kilmer)

[Memo to self: Do not apply for the position of Poet Laureate anytime soon.]

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

All of those look good to go. I recon you need to import another 3 wings so you can fit them all at the same time.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

se wing was there to distract the eye from the boxy bumpers..........

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

The S4 wing, which serve no purpose at all!

Apart from making the car look better than sliced bread

15q8dgk.jpg

(only from the side though...looks a bit ropey from certain other angles :dizzy: )

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

And to catch the back of your head when putting stuff in the boot.

I actually knocked myself out on the SE wing when I 1st got it, really bad injury can occur from that if you're not used to it.

Wings just add weight dont they ? :dizzy:

(long live the GT3)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I actually knocked myself out on the SE wing when I 1st got it,

really bad injury can occur from that if you're not used to it.

So true, mine has drawn blood. Remember running up the garden path

of our last house, and getting Vicki to mop blood out of my hair and see

how badly i'd bust my head.

I'm also a fan of the SE wing, the long straight edge really makes the car

look even wider, and draws your eye to its hard edged, almost Diablo like

styling. It is without any doubt or argument, the best Esprit wing ever made.

Later wings became bigger or were mounted in funny places like halfway up

the back of the car. This was to draw your eye away from the later Esprits

rounded off 'jellymould' child friendly corners, and the M100 elan front end,

also, some of these wings weighed about ten tons, and required stronger

tailgate struts just to hold the boot open. Around 25% of the late V8's weight

was, without any doubt whatsoever, entirely down to the wing.

:dizzy:

Go with the one on top of the bonnet! Call your car El Rosso Torro! as it appears to be a pissed off bull pointing horns down1 Hahaha...

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

• Gold FFM

I keep my V8 wing fitted just to vex the likes of Roger and Mark Blanchard. :D Anyhow, it's a wikkid picnic table.

Roger - Chris and I are considering a how-to on fitting one, for your delight and delectation...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I am a solid standing member of the no-wing contention. Go get'em Roger! you have my vote.

Al, am I to take it that you have removed the wing from your new 2Eleven? If so, and if time permits, would you be so kind as to cart it over to Star Motors? My Europa was flatbeded to Houston last night by the Lotus mechanic (who commutes weekly from Austin to Houston for employment purposes while awaiting word on the opening of a new Lotus dealership here in Austin) who is in the [ongoing] process of purchasing [and restoring to running order after a long sit] said Europa. As the sale is not yet a "done deal" I would like to see about the feasibility of mounting it on the Europa, should I retain ownership of the car (and, if for no other reason, to drive Roger completely mad). :):):D

Cheers,

John

PICT0004-1.jpg

Am I the only one to spot the real secret to Roger's Esprit's performance? As all teenage car 'tuners' will attest, it's important to block off a large portion of the windscreen with a stick-on sun strip if one feels the need for speed. Surely the performance improvement is proportional to the depth of said strip, just like the amount of lowering on the springs, the thinness of the tyres, or the largness of the exhaust tip. Hence Roger's scant three inches of windscreen makes this car a real winner, innit :D

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

It's either Bob Marley's younger brother, or Mahler's cousin. Could you just pull the door down a bit more, Roger? :D

It's either Bob Marley's younger brother, or Mahler's cousin. Could you just pull the door down a bit more, Roger? :D

"You say Marley, I say Mahler..." :)

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Am I the only one to spot the real secret to Roger's Esprit's performance? As all teenage car 'tuners' will attest, it's important to block off a large portion of the windscreen with a stick-on sun strip if one feels the need for speed. Surely the performance improvement is proportional to the depth of said strip, just like the amount of lowering on the springs, the thinness of the tyres, or the largness of the exhaust tip. Hence Roger's scant three inches of windscreen makes this car a real winner, innit :rant:

Boys, boys, boys, it's the re-entry shield, that's the sort of speed I can achieve minus wing ! :respect:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Oh, and many thanks for the U tube link to the "blast from the past" video of the Chaparrel, Roger. You're a true gentleman for providing that, and I don't care what all those other forum members are saying about you behind your back. :rant: