Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Elite Buying Advice - Page 2 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Elite Buying Advice

I've always liked these cars. If a good one comes up for sale here in the States I think I will buy it.

Edited by GavinT

103_1839.jpg103_1839.jpg

Here is a pic of the engine, more to try my image uploading from Photobucket ut thoght some might like to see it.

Trevor.

Well failed again nicely.

T.

103_1839.jpg

Edited by USAndretti42

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

There ya go mate!

103_1839.jpg

Edited by sparky

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Sparky,

You can go off people very quickly, especially if they make you look simple.

Here is another go.

103_1838.jpg

LooseCannon,

Deal is done and should pick it up tomorrow and start bailing it out.

Trevor.

Had a tutorial on picture posting tonight from Internets and still can't do it. Must be the laptop.

Trevor.

th_103_1838.jpg

Here it is.

Trevor.

Enjoy your time away Sparky and put all thoughts of people enjoying themselves at the Lotus day completely out of your mind

:rofl:

Trevor.

Now resident in my drive.

103_1874.jpg

Sparky,

You know resistance is futile.

LooseCannon,

Thanks for sending over the Elite and Eclat info. I will print them off tomorrow and have a good read.

Mark,

I think I will start its own thread once work begins.

Trevor

Wish I lived a bit closer, would love to give you a hand. All that greenstuff has me itching for the bucket and sponge! Once you have cleaned it all down, try a claybar, it works wonders on getting bonded on organics off paint. I did my (ostensibly clean) family car with clay and it came out bright green at the end; yours will look like the Galapagos Islands I reckon!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Trev

You have mail x 2!

Hope it helps mate.

Kimbers

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

LooseCannon

clay bar fan myself for this sort of job, seems to get everything off ready for the Carnuba wax.

Kimbers,

Brilliant thanks.

Trevor.

• 1 year later...

The car has passed on to Sparky who I'm sure will do a good job on it. Trev had got great results already just with a thorough clean up. I'm sure one, or other, or both will pop up shortly with more info.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sparky, (or anyone else)

what is the latest on this car? Is it up and running and going well?

Can't be many automatic S2 eclats out there...

• 1 year later...

LooseCannon,

I know it's been a long time since you offred to scan the articles of the Elite tests. I am going to buy an Elite S1 and be very pleased to get any information I can as it is really hard to find elsewhere.

Could you scan these articles for me?

Georg

• 4 years later...

:clap: Morning all,

I'm a new member to this forum and I have been a lotus fan since I was 10 years old (and now 43) my nans next door neighbor had a white éclat and I was all ways waiting to see him drive it up the road and would stand there just and watch it drive off into the distance, any way to get to the point what do you need to watch out for when buying one? which is the best one to keep an eye out for? I'm certain that

the chassis is well worth a look (from memory I think) can anyone add to the possible long list of "do's and don'ts please? Just one more thing is it true that if the head lights stay up it means that the vacuum pipe is split?

thanks everyone,

Jason. 

:clap: Morning all,

I'm a new member to this forum and I have been a lotus fan since I was 10 years old (and now 43) my nans next door neighbor had a white éclat and I was all ways waiting to see him drive it up the road and would stand there just and watch it drive off into the distance, any way to get to the point what do you need to watch out for when buying one? which is the best one to keep an eye out for? I'm certain that

the chassis is well worth a look (from memory I think) can anyone add to the possible long list of "do's and don'ts please? Just one more thing is it true that if the head lights stay up it means that the vacuum pipe is split?

thanks everyone,

Jason. 

In order of potential expense:

1. Body - gelcoating and respraying is expensive;

2. Engine/transmission

3. Interior - restoration is time consuming and/or expensive;

4. Electrics - again time consuming and potentially expensive

5. Chassis - if an S2 it will be galvanised so less likely to be problems

If the car is an S2 it will have electric headlamp lifters, but these are also potentially troublesome. Yes if it's an S1 and the headlamps are up then it's a vacuum problem.

Finally, it's more true of Elites/Eclats than most cars, buy the best one you can find, ideally with some evidence of professional restoration work and caring ownership.

Good luck - it's the Eclat 40th birthday this year!

Richard