Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MJK Hands over control of Lotus - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MJK Hands over control of Lotus

Lotus boss to hand over running of firm

MD Mike Kimberley

01 April 2009 15:21

The veteran boss of Group Lotus is to hand over the running of the car-maker to an executive committee for a month while he recovers from back surgery.

Mike Kimberley - who returned for a second stint as Lotus chief executive in 2005 - issued a statement to staff revealing that doctors had ordered him to take four weeks off to recuperate.

Mr Kimberley, 70, underwent surgery for a prolapsed disc in his back in October, but is now suffering

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second all the above...look after yourself a bit, Mike, there's still a lot to do...but not all at once!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Get well soon Mike

I know how debilitating long term sickness can be, and the mental stress that accompanies it. Hoping to see you back at the helm soon.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

make a PROPER recovery this time, and while at home keep thinking "new esprit - 210mph+, 0-60 sub 4 secs" over and over in your mind LMAO

have a good recovery.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

I'm sure he knows people here wish a speedy recovery, and from a fellow sufferer I whole heartedly agree he needs to listen to their advice (tell him if he doesn't he'll find it gives him problems in later life).

All the Best wishes to you Mike!

Get well soon.

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Speedy recovery Mr K. :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

No. Can't get in with his back pain.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Take it easy Guvnor,

I know that taking advice does not sit well with us 'Gentlemen of a Certain Age'

the work can wait for your return but you are irreplaceable....

Kind regards,

Mike .

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

All the best for a speedy recovery, Mike.

It is difficult to put yourself first for a change, but you

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Lotus boss to hand over running of firm

The veteran boss of Group Lotus is to hand over the running of the car-maker to an executive committee for a month while he recovers from back surgery.

May the needed (and deservedly earned!) rest work its magic on "The Backbone of Lotus," Mike.

In the meanwhile, and as a cost effective strategic business move, I would like to offer my services, gratis, to Lotus Cars Ltd for the month of April to fill the position of "running" the company, thereby eliminating the expense or necessity of establishing an executive committee. I am but a single day's travel away, and my baggage is packed.

Be forewarned, however, that certain changes in the marque's lineup may be anticipated upon your return. To wit: the "new" Esprit program will have been "fast tracked" substantially, and expected performance numbers will (whether generated [pun intended] electrically or by fossil fuel--or both!) eclipse all speculations to date. Trust me.

Cheers, and to a speedy recovery!

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Not so good with the back op not going well, I had L5/S1 two years ago and it took a year to get back to almost normal movement and I am 45. Rehab is a must!

Tony, pass on my best to your Dad for recovery over the next month.

MJK: does this mean we can expect daily, indepth, posts at LEF?? :(:) Bibs, you need to make him a Mod :)

Iain

My first reaction when I saw the title was that it was an April Fool joke, but as I read through it (and it is now the 2nd with no catchphrase having been called) I hope that your recovery is swift, and that the pain you are in is not beyond what you can cope with.

All the best.