Freescan Tutorial - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Freescan Tutorial

Dave Freeman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested but it's a bit far for me from Scotland.

If the regional groups could get enough people together and make a small charge to cover the expenses of the tutor would it be possible to take this round the regions?

Or maybe there are experts in the regions who could do a tutorial in their region.

If the tutorial is to be videod I certainly would be interested in buying a copy and I'm sure a few other would as well.

It would be a handy reference tool for those who attend the tutorial/s as well.

I don't have the freescan cable as yet but it is on my list.

Where is the best place to buy it?

Regards,

Brian

Bibs is getting a batch together, hopefully as we speak. Give him a call.

Dave

Bibs,

You have mail.

Regards,

Brian

Doesn't relate to my car but I have a thirst for this sort of thing and it may come in usefull at a later date. Count me in :) .

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Brian

Be aware that Freescan is not for the V8s. It only works on the 4 pot cars. The V8s use the standard OBD2 system of modern cars.

Dave,

Thanks, Bibs sent me a PM to put me right.

Brian

Its n/a for G-cars of course, but I'd love to know about it for the Elan. Depending on dates...I'd make the trip.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I would be happy to do this. The only problem is that I cannot drive at the moment. I have partially torn my Achilles tendon playing squash. I am in a plastic boot for 4-6 weeks.

So we could delay for a bit, or someone drive me to a venue.

Of course reading the Freescan manual from cover to cover would be compulsory prior reading !!

Dave,

Would definitely be interested in coming along. If you need a freescan cable in the meantime let me know as you're welcome to borow mine, it's the original serial port type so you might need the laptop as well but thats not a problem since it's a bit of a wreck anyway after falling over in the garage a while back :) .

Martyn :)

Thanks Martyn, Andy Clements is dropping one off tomorrow for me.

Ok so we've got a number of members interested, all we need now is a expert in Freescan, do we have anyone who is willing to take up the challenge of teaching us mortals what its all about. Then I can set a date and time, I guess its going to happen in about 6 weeks time, so check your diaries.

Bibs, are u up for this, can you teach us or suggest someone who can. please call me to discuss, I am around most of the weekend. 075075 99141.

Dave

I know a lot about Freescan, especially how to get it to work but Dermot is without doubt the authority on the subject so definitely take him up on the offer. To be honest, to learn what Dermot knows I'd be willing to make the 250 mile diversion to pick him up myself!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

all we need now is a expert in Freescan

Well you have the choice of Dermot, who literally wrote the manual

on freescan and already does all the freescan log diagnosis.

Or God.

:)

If the date is good for me i'd be happy to drive up with Dermot if

it simply has to be before his foot is better. It would deffo need to

be a weekend for me though, as the venue is at the other end of

the worst roads in the whole world for a weekday evening drive.

Is that any help?

Hi mike, that would save a along drive for bibs to collect him. Thanks for the offer. Also if you are interest and if it would help those travelling a long distance We have a good sized house and would be happy to put up for the night up to 5 members, could put up more if you are happy to sleep on floor.

I'll get back to you once i have spoken to bibs

Best regards

Dave

Edited by Dave Freeman

Quote...........If the date is good for me i'd be happy to drive up with Dermot if

it simply has to be before his foot is better. It would deffo need to

be a weekend for me though, as the venue is at the other end of

the worst roads in the whole world for a weekday evening drive.

Is that any help?

Paul C

Many thanks Paul may posibly take you up on that, we are currently checking dates and Dermots availability.

Whatch out for the dates and times, it will definatey be at a weekend, I have 3 spare rooms at the house and would be happy to put up those who have a long journey to attend. I will keep you all advised, expect confirmation of dates etc this week.

Thanks again, Dave

Edited by Dave Freeman

Hi all, well it looks like we are going to have a Freescan tutorial from the man himself - Dermot.

Subject to confirmation by Monsiuers - Bibs, Paul C and Dermot the date for the session will be Sunday the 31st of May.

3.00 pm Arrive at venue (to be confirmed) at my house if there are small numbers or at a Custom Paint shop (with more room) just a mile or two down the road. Address and map will follow.

3.30 pm Overview of freescan by Dermot

4.30 pm Chicken and sausage barby and drinks (soft of course)

5.30 pm Check a number of cars using freescan, data diagnostics etc

Finish - when we are finished.

Please start a list of those who are up for it - please note that if you are unable to attend please let me know so I can adjust the food requirements etc.

1. Bibs

2. Dermot

3. Paul C

1. Bibs

2. Dermot

3. Paul C

4. internets

Edited by internets

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250