Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Black Stripes on a Black Esprit - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Black Stripes on a Black Esprit

I have seen the effect in a couple of instances and thought it was very cool and somewhat subtle. Here are a couple pics of my matte black stripes on my Esprit. It was a real pain to get them to follow the lines of the car and still look straight from front to back. It is really hard to capture the effect on camera. It looks much better in person. Let me know what you think....

Also, I did change the color of the wheels a touch--trying for a subtle gold. It just looks like I have a bit of filter on the camera in these photos.

post-1270-1243909343_thumb.jpg

post-1270-1243909784_thumb.jpg

Here are a few more photos. I actually did the bumper a second time since these were taken as the stripe was not quite straight.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Rwiggins951/Lo...feat=directlink

Regards,

Rod

98 Esprit V8

Dynamic Racing Turbos

Water Injection

Factory Red ECU

3 bar MAP piggyback

Straight-through exhaust

TurboXS BOVs

Blitz I-color boost control + Wide-band AFR

Porsche/Getrag G50/52 Transmission (...coming soon someday)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read the title I thought it would look kind of cheesy but actually I kind of like it. I think I'd like it more if it was centered on the car instead of offset....Creative design though. :D

1995 S4s

I thought I might have to Mod posts like "Are you insane?" (maybe even from myself) but I must admit, it looks very nice.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Rod,

Looks really special! I like it, too. :D

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Yep, I like it too.

Make sure you use wax not polish on the car as any white powdery residue would detract from the effect.

Would be easy to achieve on red cars, just use any colour stripe for a couple of months, then peel it off, shiny bit where the stripe was, dull fadsing paint everywhere else.

Hi,

I've been thinking about doing a similar thing with my GT3. I like the car without the GT3 stripes, but I also like the original GT3 graphics on the car, so can't decide what to do. So I thought about getting some matt clear vinyl to make some GT3 graphics for the car, so it would have the original graphics, but not so noticable as the full on gun metal original dark versions. I've seen some fablon that would do the job, matt, but striped, so I'm going to try it.

Like the stripe by the way, it's like magazines that just have some parts glossed on a matt cover.

Owen.

Matte clear would be a great way to get the same effect on another color. Might be even cooler than on black even.

Loved the Land Rover picture. It was made even better by the branch scratches that should be required by law on any proper Defender.

Rod

98 Esprit V8

Dynamic Racing Turbos

Water Injection

Factory Red ECU

3 bar MAP piggyback

Straight-through exhaust

TurboXS BOVs

Blitz I-color boost control + Wide-band AFR

Porsche/Getrag G50/52 Transmission (...coming soon someday)

As an avid hatter of stripes, decals, stickers, and all other aesthetic add ons, even 2 tone,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have to say on this occasion "I like it"!!!!!!!!! :)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Loved the Land Rover picture. It was made even better by the branch scratches that should be required by law on any proper Defender.

Hello Defender buffs. Please allow me to announce our new aftermarket "Scratch Masters" automotive detail service, especially designed for and oriented toward the discerning Defender owner, seeking that "recently returned from the ranch/estate farm/overseas safari," etc. look. Our shops are conveniently located throughout the UK, and offer quick, reasonably priced alternatives to the inconvenience of having to actually drive your vehicle through the brambles of the undeveloped countryside. We also offer discrete "in driveway" residential service options, timed to arrive at your home after sunset, so that prying eyes need not cause you later embarassment.

At Scratch Masters our certified master craftsmen use only the finest hardwood tree branches to produce authentic results, indistinguishable from the real thing. We even offer, as an optional cost feature, our "just so" rusted look with clearcoat finish overlay. A range of designs may be chosen from our extensive brochure of high resolution photos of past efforts. References will be provided upon request, but we are so confident that you will be extremely pleased with your Defender's visual outcome that we provide a moneyback "no risk" guarantee, backed up by our onsite restoration paint shop. Should you be unsatisfied with our work, you will have the option of starting over, "from scratch" so to speak, or receiving your vehicle back in its original condition.

We here at Scratch Masters are fully aware of the importance of maintaining the correct historical heritage inherent in your Defender purchase, and look forward to giving it the most authentic visual appeal possible in your quest to keep up with your neighbor's social status expectations.

All the best,

Pierpont J. Thornclaw

CEO, Scratch Masters Ltd, UK,

(Very tastefully done stripework, Rod. A superior effort! :) )

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I like it. Very Classy :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

John, love it.

My Espit must have been done by them, or else it's when I go to work, leaving the village by small country lanes having to clip too many branches from the hedgerows to avoid the oncoming vehicles (generally mothers doing the school run).

I like the look....kind of like ghost stripes....

But sorry to report that they got the Lotus logo wrong. The small "c" is cut short....something you only see in Taiwan and Chinese factory "unauthorized" products. Obviously they looked to somewhere like Ebay for an image of the Lotus logo. If you are not 100% happy, that alone is reason for them to re-do the hood stripe.

Well excu...u...u...u.... u...u...u...u..use me! Picky, picky, picky, Paul. :cry: I know that I and all the others immediately siezed upon that defect, but we were just too polite to point it out. :popo:

And while we're at it, did anyone else notice that the emblem wasn't the traditional yellow colour? Just kidding, Rod.

This does look ace and I've been toying with the idea for the past couple of months while my car was away being painted. I changed the gold of my wheels last year to a match of the stripe I had then and now they look rubbish without the stripe so somethings got to be done. I was thinking, semi-gloss stripe and semi-gloss wheels in black too...

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Tough call, Your Immenseness. What about a semi-gloss, or flat/matte, [black] stripe with it being outlined in gold pinstripe to give it a bit of the JPS look? I don't find your current gold wheels to be that much of an issue with the black body colour. And with a hint of gold on the main stripe, it might all come together.

(Or you could just put a day-glow chrome orange wing on the back and no one would ever notice the wheels in the first place :thumbsup: )

I like the way it look a lot. Love the strips...

BTW...may I suggest a rear exhaust valence AKA cheese grader for your center exit exhaust?

Also, how do you get the final edition seats?

Alan