Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Random Images....... - Page 13 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Random Images.......

nello

46 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

What a fantastic find, where on earth did you dig that up from Roo? ??

From some Japanese magazines I have stashed away. I writing another book, this one on the Aston Martin Vantage Zagato from 1986. www.v8vantage.com I keep all the magazines with roadtests and noticed these Lotus ads when flicking through them. I think the Essex is the last one built, a LHD done for Japan. On the top ad in the upper picture is another JPS Esprit, reg number CFN200V. I wonder where it is now?

• Like 1

I have x4 Essex's with references to Japan on my list so its either :

RHD Pre-Prod Chassis 10896
RHD Essex 006 
RHD Essex 008 or sounds like its -
LHD Chassis CD910800818630. This was the Homologation Car for Japan

Edited by nello
  • Like 1

On 29/03/2016 at 21:40, Steve1 said:

This could answer a question that I've been wondering since I was 8 years old. It was 1983 and Lotus had a open day at Hethel. So my mum,  my cousin(in the piture)drove my father's Elite to Norwich and I can remember been blown away by the Essex Esprit. Also about that day I remember some machine like a bike going round the track and I think it was called the Poppy flyer. 

Anyway does anyone remember this Esprit and is it your one. I would love to know more on this car. 

20160329_211328.jpg

I remember this Esprit at the 83 Founders Day. I took a photo of it....which one day I will find. 

I do remember that it was KAH 540V. Not sure of its current status. 

51 minutes ago, silverfrost said:

Chrome door handles are the nuts :)

I concur......although I prefer the part-chrome option :thumbsup:

IMG_2928.JPG

Although I must admit I love the all black handles on the early Sport 300........

• Like 2

On 12/17/2016 at 08:27, nello said:

Cheers Steve - though I have chassis 10934 as being No.014?

I also have this image of an Essex thats labelled as number 13 although I cannot for the life of me remember where I got it from?...............

No.13 was chassis 10937 and it was registered new under a company called Europa Wholesale - my only comments for that car say it was in Monaco - all suggesting it was exported. 

Essex013.jpg

it was me that posted this photo a while ago, i owned this car back around 1985, i would really love to buy the car back and restore it  to its original identity 

regards Mel Streek 

• Like 2

Great car to own Mel, do you have any other photos from your ownership?

Not cheap to buy anymore but would be great to see it reunited with one of its original owners.

Good luck ?

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM
On 12/27/2016 at 00:50, RichardJGC said:

I remember this Esprit at the 83 Founders Day. I took a photo of it....which one day I will find. 

I do remember that it was KAH 540V. Not sure of its current status. 

My old Eclat was very close to the Essex, she was registered KAH 534 V. Ex Andrew Fergusons car, now owned by Dave Web.

• Like 1

Do not think its a money issue with the Essex, its getting the owners to actually part with them these days :)

Mel your essex needs to be listed on Daves,  Cars we have owned and wish we had kept thread.

• Like 1

A

Pete, No some awful modification, I love Ferrari's but hate driving with that gate set up.

Still a nice looking car although personally I would like to see a Lotus enthusiast bring it back to Essex Spec, I know I would buy it like a shot if I could!

I used to own JPS 013 and quite liked the unlucky number thing.

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

It's all wrong in an Esprit but it must have been a swine to set up that gated shift, I'm quite impressed someone's managed to do it!

• Like 1

On 02/01/2017 at 18:38, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Great car to own Mel, do you have any other photos from your ownership?

Not cheap to buy anymore but would be great to see it reunited with one of its original owners.

Good luck ?

I do have a few more I'll dig them out , I still have the original sales brochure too !

i so want to find the car and restore it back to its former glory .

On 02/01/2017 at 19:45, silverfrost said:

Do not think its a money issue with the Essex, its getting the owners to actually part with them these days :)

Mel your essex needs to be listed on Daves,  Cars we have owned and wish we had kept thread.

Very true very true ....

Good spot Jonny! 10 points!

Steve T - not sure if you've seen yet but Gotti has been trying to message you. For some strange reason that none of us can work out his car carries Engine Number is CD-910800718575  which was originally in RHD 003?

Edited by nello

Yes,thats right!

My Austrian car documents from  1981 and the Engine block showes the same Nr: CD-910800718575   Andy Graham mailed back that he cannot advise if this is a factory admin error.So my certivicate of provenace will be a little strange.Only on my front vin plate the Engine Nr: CD-910800818631 is stamped.

It would be very interesting to know which Engine Number indeed is stamped on 003 RHD!

Here's a pic from my block (currently under rebuild,oil pump failure)

20170102_094242.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gotti said:

Yes,thats right!

My Austrian car documents from  1981 and the Engine block showes the same Nr: CD-910800718575   Andy Graham mailed back that he cannot advise if this is a factory admin error.So my certivicate of provenace will be a little strange.Only on my front vin plate the Engine Nr: CD-910800818631 is stamped.

It would be very interesting to know which Engine Number indeed is stamped on 003 RHD!

Here's a pic from my block (currently under rebuild,oil pump failure)

20170102_094242.jpg

They have been known to make little mistakes. My Monaco White Esprit (confirmed by the factory as such) has a Gloss Black paint code on the VIN plate.

According to a statement from Andy Graham i should have CD-910800818631 in my car.Thats what his records says.But it seems to me this never happens.Does anyone know more about this Engine number? Maybe it runs in a car from a forum user? Or in 003 Rhd?

Thanks for any advice!

Last I heard RHD 003 was in Hong Kong - not sure if the owner is on here - or even if its still on the road...........

Edited by nello

Richard-but the factory confirmed your car as monaco white and when you get a C.O.P.it will match.So you know your Vin plate is a factory error.My C.O.P. will not match with my engine number which is in my car.The first registration from my car in Austria was with Engine Nr:CD-910800718575 How could this be? The car was brand new!!!This confuses me

Nello-Maybe in 003 runs a hybrid Engine :)

5 minutes ago, Gotti said:

Richard-but the factory confirmed your car as monaco white and when you get a C.O.P.it will match.So you know your Vin plate is a factory error.My C.O.P. will not match with my engine number which is in my car.The first registration from my car in Austria was with Engine Nr:CD-910800718575 How could this be? The car was brand new!!!This confuses me

Nello-Maybe in 003 runs a hybrid Engine :)

Its possible that the engine number details for the 'official record' are taken from the VIN plate once the car is finished. If the plate was stamped up wrong like mine then the error will be carried over?

Someone else on the Pistonheads forum has just posted up the image I was refering to earlier with regard to the colour scheme now on No.013.........Apols if you are on here as I've nicked it......

Anyone know the story behind this design?

Lotus%20turbo%20black_zpsmyyjdvfk.jpg

• Like 2