Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ben's S2 V8 project - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ben's S2 V8 project

Very nicely done :animier:

Yeap, that is an SM gearbox hung on the back of what I guess is a 4.6 Northstar V8, be careful with your right foot as 300 ft/lb (or 295 depending on what version you have got) will give the gearbox something to think about.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Wow, just posted on your picturs in another topic, didnt realise you had converted its powerplant aswell, Very well done conversion and looks tip top, Agree with Hilly about the gearbox time will tell, Im not pushing as much bhp as you i dont think and im spinning wheels in third! And thats on the audi box.

Enjoy the car it looks great and bet it sounds great to!

Regards danny

A

Very nice!!! I like what you did with the front bumper - I was thinking of doing the same thing on mine. I like the M3 mirrors as well - I was thinking of using M3 Mirrors (I have an E36 M3) - but I think I am going to use smaller F1 style mirrors instead.

Very nice work on the frame and structure. I made similar modifications on mine.

Have you got it running yet? Any video of it running?

If my memory is correct - Lotus did some work on the Northstar design (we all know Lotus designed the Lt5 Zr1 engine, but I believe they also did work on the North Star)

I love it man!!! Awesome stuff!!!!!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Ben

loads if tin spent on the engine and conversion.looks really good.

regards richard

p.s . whats your favorite colour? green or blue

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Thanks Hilly and Dan, My motor is a 94' 4.6 L northstar it only has 275 ft/lbs torque. However If I remember right the SM gearbox should be capable for 280 ft/lbs of torque, so I think that it should be okay

I don't see the pictures......

Never mind - found em. Those are very nice pictures, excellent bodywork - I like how you removed the trim all around the car - it makes the edges around the wheels look more aggressive.

I love the interior too.

Whenever you get some video - I would love to see it.

Edited by lotusross

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful project! :)

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

"If it isn't leaking, it's empty" - Comment from a British sportscar enthusiast after being made aware of an oil slick under his car

Lotus Car Club Norway (LCCN) - lccn.no

LCCN on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/LotusCarClubNorway/

Thanks for all the comments, i have been really busy entering all the local car shows so i haven't had time to post some videos but i'm working on it. The videos will be up shortly, thanks for your patience.

I've put on 1,000 miles on the car within the last two months since i've finished the car, so far seems like the stock tranny has no signs of any problems. Everything looks fine, i haven't experienced any problems and i've been really enjoyed the car.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Ben,

Excellent job! You made the correct change to the one thing that has bothered me most about the design of the G car. Your rear view mirrors are now in the proper location.

Are those 16" or 17" wheels on your car? I can't quite tell. Also, are they custom? I ask because I am thinking about changing my wheels...

All the best at the car shows,

Alex

Edited by mywedge

Ahh, I can tell from the pictures that your wheels are Work VS's (16" or 17"). I had a pair of Work's on my old MR2 Turbo back in my import racing days. The look is good but not exactly (but similar) to what I am looking for. Also, I decided to go with 17" and 18". I just confirmend that the wheel size is not an issue on our cars with custom wheel maker the other day.

Good luck and good work!

Alex,Thanks.

Sorry about the slow reply, you're right.,the wheels are work VS-XX (17x7.5 at front,17x9.5 at the rear). They are custom make because the 4 bolt pattern.The 'offset' are (+16) at front..( -10 ) at rear .

good luck.