Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BBQ and workshop event - all weekend - Page 4 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BBQ and workshop event - all weekend

Dave Freeman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what a fantastic weekend, it was a real pleasure have everyone over for the weekend, and we got lots of work done, so lets see what we did.....

Sparky's car.

Changed a steering rack

Replaced window frame (electric window now works)

Removed and re fitted side window (well done Felix)

Fitted K&N air filter

Fitted replacement waste gate

Aligned steering and checked suspension geometory (thanks Andy Clements)

Clutch master cylinder fitted and clutch adjusted.

Mike6

Repair front fan

checked and altered timing and waste gate

My car

Repaired drivers side electric side window ( now better than sparkys)

Newts

Repaired passanger side window (did not operate)

Internets

Check steering geometory

Wookie

Got the Marcos on ramps and did an inspection.

I cannot think of anything else we did on the cars, please add if I left anything off.

Hope you all enjoyed Megans food, the hot tub, various games of pool and especially thanks to Felix for playing the guitar and bango, good on you mate, it was well good.

Thanks to all for coming, a pleasure to have you over for the weekend, Megan and I enjoyed every minute of it, we should do it again.

dave

Edited by Dave Freeman

Andy, Ithink it was something called Sailor Jerry.....

Cheers

Felix

So let me get this right. You're in the navy and thinks went downhill after an evening with sailor Jerry? I dread to think, sore this morning too eh? :secret:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Astounding! :secret::lol::lol:

I know I go on about it, but again, what an amazing bunch of people we have here. I am chuffed to bits that something finally happened with me mota this Summer! This weekend I was treated to the genuinely strange experience of standing around lke a spare part watching other people work on my car. I also managed to do a few bits for other people, but not much.

Dave, you missed out new clutch master and full adjust on mine.

A fantastic weekend with great people - superb facilities, wonderful catering, and awesome entertainment. Thanks to everyone!

Photos to follow later today after they've been through the censorship board. Just one thing Dave - I think you'll find my window is considerably faster than youse. :P

Right, when can we do it again?

Edit: Bibs - there was a lot of Sailor Jerry involved.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Sparky, we need a ccompetition to who can get it up the quickest. I'll probably beat you, especially with you drinking so much rum. Of course need to see who's goes down quickest as well.

Dave

Great time with some great people as always, thanks Dave and Megan for your, as always, fantastic hospitality :secret: I just wish you had not mentioned the Sparky / hotub incident ... I think I need counselling :lol:

oh and a big up to Mr Andy Clements for the geo check

Sounds like I just missed you Felix but by all accounts you were on form with the entertainment and window repairs, looks good :lol:

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Sorry I missed it guys but Wendy was called into work at the last minute. Also a good job I didn't because my daughter was carried in by a taxi driver at 2.30 am and we spent an hour trying to get her responsive and another 2 hours trying to stop her hurting herself and us (Kids these days can't take thier booze!).

Anyway, Maybe we could do one up here Andy? Get your shed cleared out and do a couple of days!! I'll provide the BBQ!!!

Anyway, glad to see Felix got back to doing what navy boys do best with his sailor mate Jerry :secret: Looks like it was a cracking couple of days.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Kimbers, yes sorry you missed the fun, it was so successful that I think we will make it a regular event. You could do one up your way, if more room is needed then why not use that garage where you buy time on the ramps and do your own repair, Colin and I met the owner (Nathan) of a local garage to you other week and he will be building my new manifold. He had 2 or 3 ramps and as much space as you could need, I know he charges by the hour but you could negotiate a discount and hire the whole garage for a weekend - food for thought.

Simon, unfortunately most pictures were taken with Sparkies camera and so he will be sensoring - dam!

Dave

Chris, we just missed you... We were filling up with petrol when you passed by, but you did not see me waving at you.... I guest we will have to wait for next month for more rum...

Cheers

Felix

Great weekend Dave :secret: I really enjoyed it and we must do it again when my fingers have recovered and I've finally managed to remove sparkys aluminium/grease mix from his window regulator that seems to have lubricated my elbow :P . I'm now begining to wonder given our experience over the weekend just how many Esprits actually have working windows !.

Great to see everyone again and some new faces and of course huge thanks to Megan for allowing us to come round for the second time this year :lol: . The BBQ and cake where very nice too BTW.

Martyn :lol:

• Gold FFM

Martyn and Dave - your herculean efforts on my door will be rewarded - somehow. Careful you don't get type-cast!

Shame - all the hot tub photos came out all steamy...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

P5090036.jpg

P5090025.jpg

P5090022.jpg

P5090020.jpg

P5090005.jpg

P5090007.jpg

P5090011.jpg

P5090037.jpg

P5090035.jpg

P5090029.jpg

P5090033.jpg

P5090028.jpg

P5090032.jpg

P5090030.jpg

P5090013.jpg

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Shame - all the hot tub photos came out all steamy...

Phew....there is a god! :secret:

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Sparkys photos are listed on Hot Tubs are us !

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Although I only managed to get there for Sunday, had a great time.

I've never seen so many Esprit window mechanisms at once !

Good to meet all the other guys and I think some of the locals were quite pleased to see the number of Lotus' as we kept changing them round to get in Dave's garage.

Big up to Megan for the tea's, cake, cooking and putting up with us lot and I really think you need to get on and finish the bathroom now Dave !

Colin