Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Burnt Orange Exige S 260 Sport Spotted in Brooklyn - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Burnt Orange Exige S 260 Sport Spotted in Brooklyn

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the CGIs are not a true representatuon af the colours in real life.

Peter is right - by now lotus should have a proper photo of pretty much much every external colour on their website.

construction and property consultants : My company

I confess to being totally ignorant about these things, but I am surprised that Lotus didn't ensure that the first cars off of the production line were all different colours.

It's a shame that of the 15 original UK dealer cars 3 are ice white with another 2 aspen white (so a third of the original dealer cars are white!), 2 aquamarine, 2 starlight black and 2 carbon grey. To put it another way, 11 of the 15 cars are effectively in 4 colours!

Now I know that the dealers get to choose the colour of the car they have as a demonstrator and, of course, that they have to sell it eventually so I can understand why they'd want a say but I'd have thought that there could have been some incentive or mechanism just to get different colours of the car out there.

My purchasing situation is determined by a house that I'm having trouble shifting, so it's moot at the moment, but I've pretty much decided that I won't place an order until I've been able to see my shortlist of colours in the flesh - and one of those is burnt orange.

Ian

With customer cars on the line (none have been ordered in burnt orange, yet!) then you'll soon be seeing a good variation of cars on the street or at dealers, not long now.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Yep: "Burnt Orange with Charcoal interior and Stealth Wheels build slot No5" - sounds spanking to me!

Chillyjockoland is a bit far to go so maybe I'll drive over to Hethel and hand around the factory gates on the day he picks it up!

Ian

In response to :-

Bibs " I stand corrected. What I meant to say is that his car hasn't been built, or at least painted yet. "

My Car has been built and painted in BURNT ORANGE and pictures of MY very BURNT ORANGE EVORA have been emailed to myself...

Since you have all be asking have a look -_-

post-422-1249052399_thumb.jpg

now this is a milestone - first proof of a customer build having been built - CONGRATULATIONS !

however, the question stands - when will it be in your hands ? Looking at PTS vs. delivery date for the dealer demos doesn't really make one happy. And still... for whatever reaseon there are only two EU dealer demos out in the wild (Verhiest, Koninckx).

the one next to it - Neil S. ?

LOVE the colour Andrew. Very jealous. -_- Aquamarine is going to be so sensible & BORING.....

I'll PM you.

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Andrew, that's a great colour choice. I wasn't to sure about the Chrome Orange car we saw at Murray Lotus but your car looks great. I can't wait to see it out and about in Edinburgh. You must be getting excited now..... just like waiting for Santa.