Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
customer cars in production? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

customer cars in production?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at few minutes after Andrews Burnt Orange (other thread) was being photographed outside factory, photos were taken of mine on the line at 09:50 on Thursday. (Info taken only from model of camera used and time photo taken) Looks like Aquamarine is popular from cars in front and behind!

2 can be seen in front and 1 behind and no other colours visible. I have been given chassis number - so it must be true! If these were in numerical order it is car 45 down line but I am told this isn't the case. All in all, a pleasant surprise although no information when I might be able to collect. Photos are of a well advanced car with forward body panels only missing and some electrics and interior + rear hatch.

Yabadabadoo its happening!! Can't wait!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Guest EBORA

I read above that customer cars are now being built because all the problems have been rectified.

Does anyone know what the problems were?

Are the dealer demo cars not free of the problems?

Some problems with Air Con; issues with door locking/sticking; I have seen rust (yes really!) on bolts on a demonstrator. Minor perhaps but I understood MJK had required these to be fixed before customers got their cars.

The supply issues have been a challenge.

Last I heard not all of the dealers had their demonstrators.

Apparently it's the 2 week shut down at the moment so no cars for a while, I reckon most would wait for 1st Sept now any way.

Damn! Hadn't factored that one in! I had started getting my hopes up about a delivery offered before mid month. I had decided I would go for it and try and ignore the alarm bells ringing in my brain (not to mention SWMBO :) ) about the 09/59 plate thing as going onto a private plate anyway. This will mean much later in August is the earliest by the sounds of it. Which unfortunately in my case means I cannot take delivery until weeks later as I return to Brazil on the 1st September for 4 weeks. ;)-_-

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Hmmmm...

Hand-built cars rushed through the final stages of production not just on any Friday afternoon, but the Friday afternoon before a two week holiday.

Thinks: is this really 'a more positive note'?

I'm just sore coz it looks like I won't be ordering one anytime soon...

Ian

Guest EBORA

Theoretically if a dealer car came up for sale this year, it would be an unwise decision to purchase it as it left the factory without all of the problems fixed?

"Demonstrator" cars have to be retained by the dealer for 6 months - it is about tax and all that - so the earliest they might be available is December. I suspect that the demonstrators that have not had the minor stuff fixed will be done; it would not make sense to leave them and the dealers will want them done.

"Demonstrator" cars have to be retained by the dealer for 6 months - it is about tax and all that - so the earliest they might be available is December.

Are you sure about this ? I cannot believe it in case of Lotus - there are several demo Evoras listed for sale right now. And I have seen invoices to EU dealers, there isn't even a special rebate for the demos.

I was referring to the UK and it is concerned with tax concessions of some sort.

I am not saying that the car could not be sold, but there are definitions covering demonstrators and courtesy cars.

I understand that some large dealership groups have recovered large amounts of tax in the past.

This link might explain.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/sectors/motors/buying-cars.htm

Castle at Stansted, Frosts in Sussex and Williams in Bristol are all advertising their Evoras on Pistonheads.

Why? how will they do a demo or is there some other reason?

Edited by amoss

• Gold FFM

Some dealers are advertising on Pistonheads and ebay Classifieds simply to publicise that they have a demo car and are taking orders on new cars. It doesn't necessarily mean that the demo car is available for sale yet, although confusingly that is what it looks like.