Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aftermarket Exhaust Options - Page 5 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aftermarket Exhaust Options

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't want to spend an hour on the Autobahn with that one. Its already incredibly loud at low speeds.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

While mine was in having some work done at Lotus I had them fit a Larini back box and 3rd cat removal. As a guide it was £1100 fitted.

Stil running in and only a 1st gear take off recorded on a iPhone but sounds lovely in flesh.

Nice burble and pops at low speeds backing off but not too boy racery loud.

Will get some better vids ones its run in an I am on private roads!

I think your equivalent is called a motorway in Scotland...

So in Scotland you also removed the speed limits?

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 2 months later...

While mine was in having some work done at Lotus I had them fit a Larini back box and 3rd cat removal. As a guide it was £1100 fitted.

Sounds nice. I really want to change my exhaust & get a Larini as my standard one is just too quiet. Currently struggling to justify the spend to myself when there's essentially nothing wrong with the existing exhaust other than the sound! I give it about two or three months before I cave in! :)

As you already have the actuated silencer which gives you some flexibility in sound, have you considered a decat pipe as others on this thread have?...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/49299-cat-bypass-pipe/page__st__80

You can then upgrade later to a Larini if you're still not happy.

I had seen that but having just read thought it again I think I came to the conclusion from a couple of the comments that without the sports exhaust, fitting the bypass pipe makes very little difference. It only seems to be people who already had the sports exhaust saying how good it sounds?

Also quick question, am I correct in thinking that the sports mode makes no difference to the sound of the exhaust where a standard one is fitted, whereas if I had a sports exhaust the modes would differ?

Ta.

The Evora S (and MY12 N/A) has always had an actuated silencer fitted as standard, where a valve opens up when in sport mode that gives you a louder/improved sound. If you swapped this with a Lotus level 1 sports silencer you would lose this feature. However, Larini offer a silencer which also has this valve, I believe Paul (Bruss) has this and has posted videos of it.

The Evora S (and MY12 N/A) has always had an actuated silencer fitted as standard, where a valve opens up when in sport mode that gives you a louder/improved sound.

Interesting! I've not noticed any difference in sound between the two modes, I'll have to do a bit more driving in sports mode as to be honest the majority of my trips have had sports mode off.

Cheers for your comments, much appreciated!

• Gold FFM

Kier, I've got the decat fitted on an S and the sound is great. Haven't got any videos yet but an Elise driver I overtook on Sunday posted up to say what a great sound it made as I went by. With Sport mode off it's still unintrusive cruising at motorway speeds too. Only a few hundred ££s so worth trying first. If you ever go over to Goodwood for the Breakfast Club meetings you're welcome to hear mine.

Perfect, great to hear it makes a difference to the standard exhaust.

My only concern now is that I've just gone to order the Larini bypass (as when I do upgread the exhaust that's the one I want) & on this link it says it's for track use only. I thought this was all legal & compliant with MOT, etc. Have I got the wrong link here?

http://www.elise-shop.com/larini-secondary-decat-pipe-evora-p-502095.html

• 5 months later...

I had a decat and very small back box custom made, £200 fitted. It sounds brilliant when revved or pushing on but is nice and quiet on the motorway. Had

Martin, I'm assuming that your custom made exhaust doesn't allow the use of the sports mode button, is that correct?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was told explicitly by the factory a Larini with 3rd cat deleted would have no impact on warranty at all. Before I had mine fitted by dealer made a point of checking with Andy French and then the factory and was told no problems with any part of warranty (engine or otherwise).