Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How many customer cars are out there now - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How many customer cars are out there now

Beady

As we only have 4 actual cars on the forum to date, just wondered if anyone has any idea how many customer cars have now been delivered ?

Was it mentioned over the weekend at the factory (sorry i couldn't make it, sounds like it was a great weekend).

Can we get the dealers to point customers to the Forum in future ?

construction and property consultants : My company

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

About 30-40 I think, but others may have more accurate info. I do know that Stratton and B&C had the first batches of Launch Spec slots and have delivered 8-9 cars each (as at the end of last week).

The demographic of Evora owners is different to say Elise owners, and I guess not everyone is into forums. But we're lucky to have several of the dealers actively participating on here and in the past we've been mentioned to prospective customers. I've got some forum business cards with the web address on, so if you'd like to leave some with your local dealer drop me a PM with address and quantity - ditto for any dealers who'd like some.

Note to Bibs: one thing I've just spotted is that a google of "lotus evora" and we're no longer featured in the results. Something to do with the new forum software or configuration?

• Gold FFM

There must've been a bit of juggling of slots between the dealers then. Stratton and B&C had almost all of the first 30-ish slots but have had under 20 cars so far; Murray Motors had some early slots and have delivered a few (including Andy and Al). Have a batch of LHD customer cars been delivered to continental Europe yet, or just the demo cars?

• Gold FFM

Andy that must be exciting for all of you at the dealership! As far as I can tell we haven't seen pics of an Arctic Silver one yet, so would be very interested to see some pics if the owner is OK. Depending on door handle and wheel options, if they're silver I'd be interested to see close ups of those next to the AS paintwork. My Elise is Arctic Silver, hence my personal interest :)

If the proud owner isn't already on here, do point them in our direction!

I have mine, picked up from B&C on Friday, which was their 12th customer car. They reckon all LE cars are now sold. They also reckon avg customer spec car = 55k plus, making the 5k premium for an immediate delivery well worth it in my mind. I ordered 22 Aug and delivered 16th Oct. It's carbon grey w/ anthracite forged alloys & oyster interior. Afraid I have not taken any pics yet!

S7 EXG ordered on the 22 August and has already taken delivery.

Whilst at the factory I asked if there was any favouritism towards certain dealers, ie - did particular dealers have first reserve on early build slots? I was assured that it was a first come first served basis as any other approach would be detrimental to Lotus.

I ordered mine on the 4th August and I am (sort of) expecting delivery sometime this year. What are other peoples order/delivery dates?

Maybe S7 EXG is Beyonce!

my deposit was paid start of july and spec confirmed mid july - delievery tomorrow...so a 3 month wait - not so bad...

construction and property consultants : My company

It's a good question regarding my rapid turnaround but to be honest I think luck played a large part, although I spoke to 3 dealers in early august who all quoted mid/end Oct delivery for an LE spec car.

Saying which I am a returning customer to B&C, had a car they were interested in selling on as part ex (Exige 240r, subsequently sold privately), probably fit the profile of a conquest customer (plenty of colleagues with porsches, not a stranger to sports car ownership...) and drive in and out of central london. I was also able and happy to take the car as soon as it was available and so think I got put into a cancelled order slot (speculation on my part)

I think if I was a dealer, I'd quite like to sell to me. I actually think they should spend some time driving them round london and parking them up in obvious places in the City - get some folks out of Porkies.

• 2 weeks later...

We're just about to deliver our 6th customer car from Murray Motor Co, the first we've had with non-Premium interior (which looks great, lots of leather retained, some customers that have seen it prefer it!). I had very early slots because I was working on the 2008 Motor Show stand with other dealers (Guy at Stratton, Jamie at JCT and Scott ex-B&C included) and it was first orders in, first cars built at that time.

I've got a new Launch Edition car on site I can sell (a cancelled order) but apart from that all cars now delivered are going to be non-Launch Edtion spec; I won't see my first 2+0 until after Christmas though. I'm well into double figures for cars on order for late winter/Spring 2010, and having done 37 test drives at our factory-supported events on Monday and Tuesday I'm working on a few more....!

bonjour a tous (hello all )

sorry for my english

I'm in bordeaux (france) and I wait for my evora since the british london motor show

the delivery is expected for the 19 december ( aspen white launch edition (N

I popped in today to see the non-Premium interior trim that Graeme has awaiting delivery to a customer at Murray Motors and agree that the interior looks great despite the reduction in the amount of leather. There is still plenty of leather in the cabin. To the untrained eye the only visual difference if you spec a black interior is no Evora badge on the dash and no centre console. I can live without these knowing that I will save

Graeme or Brian,

Have we any photos of the interior for others to see?

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Sorry Al. It was a last minute decision to pop in and I didn't have my camera :) . I am sure Graeme will take photographs but if not I know he is planning to put it in the showroom and I will be back over on Wednesday to drop off the Esprit for service. If the car is still there I will take photos.

• 2 weeks later...

Roll up ! Roll up!

I need Lotus churning out Evoras and customers flocking to the showrooms so that my new Esprit can come out of the dream cupboard and onto a Lotus build sheet.....

30 or 40 cars to date sounds like a desperately slow daily build rate.

• Gold FFM

Stefan, have you been able to find out any details behind it? All I'm hearing is "supply chain issues" and people being tight-lipped about specifics. I know there were quite a lot of shortages on cars we saw on the line on the Frolic weekend a month ago. Has another supplier gone out of business I wonder?

I haven't really investigated into this, since my friends @ Hethel aren't really talkative right now - a lot of stuff going on at the moment, concerning just about every one, esp. upper management level. "We don't have the flu, we have xxx's consultants which is worse" was one quote.

what I do know that QM seems to have missed some issues with the Evora during testing, there have already been various service bulletins sent out to the dealers.