Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Well, I have been and gone and done it!!! - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Well, I have been and gone and done it!!!

bingoking

Spec won't be finalised for a few months yet and I am planning, factory permitting, to have it 2nd Quarter of next year.

Provisional spec

2+2

Tech Pack

Sport Pack

Sports ratio transmission

Anthracite forged alloys

I have decided against the Premium pack, but will still have a fair amount of leather in the cabin.

Colours: I can't make up my mind between Ice White, Burnt Orange or Solar Yellow.

I have seen them all in the flesh so to speak and I like them all.

Watch this space......

Edited by bingoking

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Well done! I'm also not convinced by the Premium Pack, more so after discussions at Hethel on Sunday. And I STILL can't make a final decision on colour either :)

Thanks guys.

Now that I have made up my mind and committed I am quite excited but 6-8 months is a long way away, but that was my choice.

I know that some of you have waited longer than that for your cars so my "short" wait should be bearable compared to yours.

I am testing a car hopefully with the Sport box option at a dealer event next week near Banchory, Aberdeenshire where there will be 4 factory cars, so that should confirm whether or not I will finally end up with that on my car.

After that the only real decision is what colour to choose from the 3 I have already short-listed.

I will now have to change my "Pigs might Fly" Avatar.

i have got the sports box on my car, being delivered tomorrow.

i chose this without a test based on comments from some of the factory folk....so fingers crossed....

will post my thoughts asap...

construction and property consultants : My company

Great news Brian, congratulations at last.

I was going to e-mail you late this week re a quick meeting B4 I go back offshore Tuesday. presently away on a 3 day course. From a personal point of view as you will be using this car daily I'd go for standard g'box. It is as fast to 70 or so and in real world use up here very quiet & relaxing drive when covering distances when not wishing to push on, yet drop a cog or two and still is quicker than my Boxster S and still running in. We did Stirling, Aberdeen, Braemar and Glenshee home last week and did 34.5mpg on cruise control at 82mph from Stirling to Aberdeen. Car sitting at 2,200 rpm. Why destroy fuel consumption like that linked to more noise and less relaxing drive for what?

Will e-mail soon. (Please do not choose Aquamarine! 2 in Stirling is far too many :) )

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

i have got the sports box on my car, being delivered tomorrow.

I wasn't aware that that was available on Launch Edition cars.

I would be interested to hear your assessment of the box once you have run the car in and picking up on Al's point about fuel consumption what MPG you get.

Enjoy your car.

Al

I take the point you are making about the box and the roads up here and although not 100% decided on the sport box I am leaning towards it based on a discussion I had with Matt Becker during my "taxi" lap with him at the wheel of an Evora round the Nurburgring. He also recommended the Forged alloy wheels which save 2 kg's per corner and he would drop the premium pack and tech pack to save the cash and take the box and wheels. Well he is in charge of vehicle dynamics after all. That aside I probably wouldn't notice what difference the weight saving from the wheels would make to the dynamics of the car but I prefer the look of the forged wheels.

By the way you are getting a similar fuel consumption to what I get in my Audi 3.0 "chapper chariot".

That was a great drive you took especially back from Aberdeen via Braemar and Glenshee. I quite often take that road if I am heading for Fraserburgh or Elgin especially if I am in the Elise.

As for colour, Aquamarine is not on my short list and I hope you didn't mean 2 Evora's in Stirling is too much? :)

It would be nice to meet you and your new wheels. I am in Stirling all day today and Monday but have a meeting starting at 11:00 which hopefully will be over by 2:00pm.

Are you in Club Lotus? There is a Club Lotus Technical Seminar at Bo'ness Motor Museum on Sunday from 10:00am which I am planning to go to.

It would be nice to meet you and your new wheels. I am in Stirling all day today and Monday but have a meeting starting at 11:00 which hopefully will be over by 2:00pm.

Are you in Club Lotus? There is a Club Lotus Technical Seminar at Bo'ness Motor Museum on Sunday from 10:00am which I am planning to go to.

Hi Brian,

I will PM or e-mail you re meeting. Car is going back to Murray on Friday for warranty work. Will try and meet on Monday if we can. I was down at the Club to see if interested in joining last week and enjoyed it enough that I will join up as soon as I get 5 minutes to think for myself. Unfortunately I did not know about Sunday until last week and have been told by SWMBO and "keeper of the social diary" that I am 'doing lunch' in Gullane that day with the Evora to show it off to friends. Pity. I know where I'd rather be!

I have no problem with 2 Evoras being in Stirling, just at the moment Aquamarine is too common in Scotland. 2 out of 3 are identical spec. I had added the comment to be honest without reviewing the first post by you which I read the previous night. As soon as I pressed send I then saw it of course. More hurry and less speed required. :)

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Congratulations Brian. On the few occasions we have spoken about the Evora I got the distinct impression you would be converted. I was over at Murray 2 weekends ago and watched Graemw work his magic on a family also considering a GTR. They looked fairly convinced even before Graeme took them out for a test drive. I think he's given up on me - cut me and I bleed Esprit I'm afraid!

So, was that your Esprit on the lot on the seafront in Kirkcaldy that my wife saw a couple of weeks back or are you hanging on to it?

Hi Mark

No it wasn't my car but one that the guy brought in from Northern Ireland.

Out of curiosity I went to look at it. Very good condition and the guy told me that it was the original oatmeal leather but I spotted it on the LEW website Esprit's for sale and it had been re trimmed.

I will be hanging on to the Esprit as the Evora will replace the Audi as my daily drive.