Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Would You Buy An Evora? - Page 3 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Would You Buy An Evora?

rocket63

Would you but an Evora  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing is the evora is a great bit of kit (if it ticks the boxes as such).

Lotus don't have merc's money so can't release everything all in one go - they have to do things gradually in order to keep interest and importantly keep the money coming in.

The thing is the evora is a great bit of kit (if it ticks the boxes as such).

Fairest comment you could make.

:D

Any view has to take that into account. There are plenty of cars in it's class both new and used that do not appeal to me at all. It's more or less everything i never want, and although i'm glad to have driven it, i can't see any eventuality that would cause me to drive it again. It does not mean it's a bad car, i'd not be buying it as a £60K new car or a £10k used one, so to me it's a kind of 'Lotus Boxter'. Regardless of price and even when accessable it's just not ever going to be my thing, ever. Thats my No vote.

This does not mean the Evora is a bad car, not at all, i just can't tow the line of the 'Emperors new clothes' gang where we 'clap like sea lions' at anything Lotus wheel out. It would be mental if everyone from 7000 people claimed to like every model they made, purely due to the badge, as it's sure as hell that 7000 people would NEVER like the same car.

I'm sure the Evora owners on here are having a whale of a time?

:rolleyes:

I hope Lotus do well with there cars, and I would think the New F1 connection will help (as far as Joe public is concerned its the same company)

But I must admit I really, really do not like the door crease on the Evora, it ruins the line of the car. It probably is a great car to drive and has had rave reviews and looks sexy from some angles and is so upto date, but that door crease :rolleyes:

I'll be putting my cash into a pre owned Aston Martin Vantage.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Interestingly 16 of the posters on this thread are Esprit owners 17 if you count Paul C who had 2...i'm guessing we're the most gutted in a way...we just want/wanted that 'blisteringly quick' supercar that makes you moist at the mere sight of it...there are no real 'alternatives' to the Esprit in my mind.

If you read the number of newbie Esprit owners posts on the day they pick up or take posession of their Esprits all they talk about is the 'grin on their faces' and how 'in love' they are with their purchase despite the Esprit's many, many faults...

Essentially, this is my point in a nutshell. Evora owners/threads/topics seem to be about the pro's and con's of bench seats, the isofix baby seat fitted option and the depreciation/price and what a magazine write up says. All of which aren't/weren't and never will be considerations in my 'eventual' Esprit replacement or initial purchase of it.

But this is all fascinating and i like the thread.

Incidentally there is nothing wrong with sandals, especially with the addition of black socks.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Would You Buy An Evora? Absolutely yes! I know, with this money there are lot of other possibilities. But I feel most of others are bored, too standard.

Ok, I know problem is inside my head.

But not ordered yet. Some discussions with missus before order.

Only problem with Evora is that it looks too much like Elise.

• Gold FFM

Interestingly 16 of the posters on this thread are Esprit owners 17 if you count Paul C who had 2...i'm guessing we're the most gutted in a way...we just want/wanted that 'blisteringly quick' supercar that makes you moist at the mere sight of it...there are no real 'alternatives' to the Esprit in my mind.

If you read the number of newbie Esprit owners posts on the day they pick up or take posession of their Esprits all they talk about is the 'grin on their faces' and how 'in love' they are with their purchase despite the Esprit's many, many faults...

Essentially, this is my point in a nutshell. Evora owners/threads/topics seem to be about the pro's and con's of bench seats, the isofix baby seat fitted option and the depreciation/price and what a magazine write up says. All of which aren't/weren't and never will be considerations in my 'eventual' Esprit replacement or initial purchase of it.

But this is all fascinating and i like the thread.

Incidentally there is nothing wrong with sandals, especially with the addition of black socks.

Ah but the Esprit has been around for decades and there are thousands of current and ex owners. Evoras have been in customer hands only since 1 September and there's only a couple of hundred owners, of which only a handful post on here. Those owners are far outnumbered by the curious - some potentially owners, some not - who are interested in finding out about this new Lotus, including what the mags say and people's experiences of things like the practicalities of getting your kids in one. So it's not too surprising that the nature of the threads are different. In ten years time, Evora owners will no doubt be on here trying to track down an obsolete part like the owners of any other old Lotus smile.gif

If you read the posts from the newbie Evora owners just after they've picked up their cars you'll find they've had the same reactions as the Esprit owners you cite thumbsup.gif

For me a car has two functions. The first is to provide safe, economical, practical transport. The second is to make my heart beat faster and get my adrenaline going. Personally I don't ever expect to find all of that in one car, which is why (not lately, but we'll not go there right now) I normally run two cars. In answer to the question, if I had the

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

I have an idea to use Evora as daily runner, only minus is that it is quite expensive. I don't compare Evora to 355 or any other F..., in my opinion they are not at same class at all. Evora is enough safe, economical, practical for me. Ok, must keep old Discovery as backup.

So my dream is use Evora as daily car (12 month / year) and Esprit as hobby car. I know that is expensive and curious dream, but still. thumbsup.gif

I would buy one without hesitation. If I owned the cars I currently run it would save me money and give me the same thrill my Esprit did with similar practicality of my Scirocco GT. I don't understand why people say that they want a blisteringly quick supercar like their Esprit when the performance figures at best are 0.4sec apart....If you can tell 0.4 secs from0-60 I will eat my hat (which is luckily made from edible paper).

I recently drove the top Impreza and said to the guy I was with "Jesus thats quick" he said that he'd rather have my Exige as it was over a second quicker 0-60....I was mega suprised because it felt as heart thumpingly rapid.

I think it's all down to personal like and dislike. I love the car and really do think that it will become a modern classic and it will be my next Lotus, make no bones about it.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer