Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Its very quiet on here? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Its very quiet on here?

wayneb911

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bibs

I was more emplying to the Esprit project and restoration section. Not long ago it seemed like there was alot of new projects and restorations getting underway and now it seems quiet.

Lovely weather to be outside! Snuggly biggrin.gif

Edited by rocket63

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Well, I cant remove anymore parts from my chassis outside - snow and ice make it too risky.

Inside the garage isn't much better - cleaning and prep fluid freeze as soon as they touch metal and I dare'nt use hot water. Too cold for many paints also.

Oh well, I should really tidy up I guess - my messy workspace is more annoying than any rusted/stuck fastener.

Instead, I'm spending lots of time on ebay, etc sourcing brake lines, fittings, tools.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

I was more emplying to the Esprit project and restoration section. Not long ago it seemed like there was alot of new projects and restorations getting underway and now it seems quiet.

Wayne - No offence intended but that section's first post is from over 5 years ago, you've been a member for under 5 months and saying it's slowing down (especially during winter/xmas) isn't really an informed opinion.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Well, Punkys finished, Hillys finished, Matts finished, Mikes finished one of many, I've finished, a few others have finished. We need more people taking on more projects, they are fun to watch the progress. :thumbup:

Chunky Lover

Robs got the Eclat Riviera due in this new year I believe.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Well, if that slacker over in Germany would stop whining about his freezing cold garage and having to go to work so often (imagine that), and the interminable delays in exotic, quixotic, and esoteric parts' shipments, and got cracking on that fricking cross-plane V8, maybe we'd see some more action over in "restoration"! I'm starting to feel withdrawal symptoms, Mikey.biggrin.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

My highlight is reading the project section hence my comments. Guess its just the winter stopping people doing work and updating. I always have an itch to post something!! rolleyes.gif

Wayne, I have finished my project ages ago, but still need to finish some mods, i have a garage and cant be arsed to get it done! the cold weather just makes me keep putting it off! plus i cant drive the car in this weather :thumbup:

Regards danny

A

We'll be starting the engine on the Eclat next week once the new starter and fuel pump lands. It's then off for its first MOT in over 10 years.thumbsup.gif Still needs paint, but that will have to wait until later in the year.

Just about to start on the interior of a 66 S3 Elan FHC. Can post some picture of my new project if anybody interested.

Just about to start on the interior of a 66 S3 Elan FHC. Can post some picture of my new project if anybody interested.

Very.

:)

Oh, and Happy new year mate, forgot to return yout text. I missed the fact you got the Elan, when was that?

Thanks mate.

Just before Christmas. It's another car I got offered through my mechanic at a good price that I coudn't resist. Here she is immediately after collection. Has been mechanically restored, including a QED engine rebuild, but need a new interior and paint.

post-5375-126306312337_thumb.jpg

post-5375-126306315036_thumb.jpg

post-5375-126306316808_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate.

Just before Christmas. It's another car I got offered through my mechanic at a good price that I coudn't resist. Here she is immediately after collection. Has been mechanically restored, including a QED engine rebuild, but need a new interior and paint.

Look, you're obviously too busy, and anyway the garage is way too cold, so just to help you out. Why don't you ship that over here and I'll take care of that project for you. I'm just trying to help out here you understand.

I miss my Elan. :)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

That's another puddle of drool on the keyboard. :)

I, too, miss my Elan and it's over 30 years since I sold it. I also miss my +2 and my Esprit.

Keith Duckworth had an Elan and never sold it. What a sensible chap he was. We couldn't I be more like him?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Mostly I miss Emma Peel.wub.gif

emma-peel.jpg120262d1242002201-emma-peels-lotus-elan-avengers_1.jpg

Most reasonably priced Elan at the moment.cool.gif

331027020_tp.jpg

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Very nice Rob ;)

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

What has most surprised me is how cheap it is to buy parts for it compared to an Esprit. I suppose they have been classics for longer and there is possibly a more established non-original spares market, but I just bought a whole new replacement centre console for