Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Which Browser are you using? - Page 4 - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Which Browser are you using?

Bibs

Which one?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all need to give SeaMonkey a look-see. Also has an email client built-in, very low memory usage and latest release was about a week ago. Many add-ins and better than Firefox IMHO by boat loads. Have not Chrome so can not compare it but I think most will enjoy Mozilla's SeaMonkey quite a bit. I have several instances running, most with at least four or more tabs open, and used memory according to Process Explorer is around 50 MB total for it and the email client all-in. Let me know if anyone finds it a good choice or am I out on a limb?

Edited by MikieP

• 4 months later...

FF11 is out and has this cool feature. You can inspect the page in 3D and see the HTML, CSS and Javascript used in each element! Not sure how useful it is but it looks cool!

post-1-0-35819200-1334654336.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been using Firefox and Chrome, both under Linux. Firefox is starting to seriously piss me off, updates every 30 seconds, leaving half the plugins incompatible, and taking a leaf out of Microsoft's book, 2 steps back for every step  forward.

Not impressed with Opera, anyone got ant suggestions ?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• 2 years later...

Chrome on one of my machines has picked up malware which I just cannot get rid of. It's the very common one that redirects the homepage to the Yahoo search engine - minor but very annoying. The accepted route of deleting spigot files and whatnot aren't helping so it's Firefox for that laptop. Might have to give Canary a go.

On 1/9/2016 at 02:13, Advantage said:

Chrome on one of my machines has picked up malware which I just cannot get rid of. It's the very common one that redirects the homepage to the Yahoo search engine - minor but very annoying. The accepted route of deleting spigot files and whatnot aren't helping so it's Firefox for that laptop. Might have to give Canary a go.

Sure it's Malware, and not one of the very annoying plug-ins that does this as a feature and takes several bits of adjusting settings before installing an extension etc, else it's there and takes many times a s long to undo the damage?

30 minutes ago, march said:

I use 32Bit Chrome as 64Bit Chrome does (did not last time I looked) not work on Windows 10 - Is anyone using 64 Bit Chrome successfully?

I've been using 64 Bit Chrome on W10 until I've just moved to Canary. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

2 hours ago, andydclements said:

Sure it's Malware, and not one of the very annoying plug-ins that does this as a feature and takes several bits of adjusting settings before installing an extension etc, else it's there and takes many times a s long to undo the damage?

Yep, it's definitely a bug. A very common one too. Yahoo need shooting in the face for it.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Chrome: liked it when I tried it years ago and now have a google account, so any PC or tablet I use I can log on and get my settings.

I'm sure other browsers do that, but I can't be arsed setting up new accounts etc.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Chrome, because we have 3 chromebooks i nthe house. Got tired of the antivirus dancing with Windoz quite some time back. 

One less hassle these days.

I'm using Brave , with DuckDuckGo for most searches as they minimize data collection / retention.

Brave's built on Chrome, so seems the same to use. I occasionally flip back to Google for a detailed search if DuckDuckGo doesn't return what I need.

• 1 month later...