Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Which Browser are you using? - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Which Browser are you using?

Bibs

Which one?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm currently using Chrome as Firefox was becoming very memory intensive and bloaty but the lack of flash support, no feed reader and other shortfalls are getting very annoying so *may* go back to firefox and a clean install of it. Chrome is proper quick too. My only real requirements are that it's lightening fast as I'm on a computer all day and bookmark sync is very handy.

What are you using any why?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I was a MS junkie through and through until about a year ago. Switched to Firefox and loving it. Played with IE8 but it's still a bloated hippo, so won't be going there, unless I'm at work where our standard remains IE6!

Have so far resisted Chrome as Google is such a monster. Did anyone read Chrome's original licence agreement before they were legally obliged to change it? In essence it said "Use this and we own you, your family, and everything you've ever touched".

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Firefox with one tab open is currently using nearly 300mb of memory. I've got 4gb so it's not exactly taxing the machine but means it's a bit far away from a lightweight application, it can be slow.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I like and use firefox at the moment. Bit miffed at the flash support but I like the functionality and trust it a little more than IE.

I want to try chrome sometime, btw I have 6 tabs open at the moment and only using 168MB memory.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Needed a button for IE cos I cant be a****d to change....not really an informed preference!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Firefox all good :thumbup:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I need more options.

on the PC I normally only use Chrome (Dev).

On my phone I use Windows Mobile 6.1 and Android 2.0.1.

So in WM6.1 I use P.I.E., Skyfire (default now, and pretty awesome), Opera Mini, Opera Mobile.

And in Android I use the Chrome light, and Dolphin.

is that enough? :thumbup:

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I updated to FireFox 3.5 and started having problems, one of which was the google search toolbar would not load. So I deleted it and reloaded FireFox 3.0 and all is fine again, it has even updated to 3.0.15 now.

IE is terrible, god its soooo sloooooowww!

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

LOL

I've just checked....

2 Firefox windows open, with a combined total of 11 tabs.

Add to that 3 Word doccuments, 6 excell spreadsheets, notepad and my computer......

Total memory useage, 1.55Gig out of an available 2 Gig...

Seems to be running fine :thumbup:

Chunky Lover

Firefox, and have done for some years, the latest 3.5.7 seems to have some issues running under XP, but is fine under Linux. I also use Thunderbird.

Got to get away from that nasty Microsoft stuff. :thumbup:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Gold FFM

Firefox 3.5.7 or Safari 4.0.4. Both on a MAC with 2GB memory. Never have a problem.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

i am using firefox, 6 tabs open uses ~150Mb mem as i type. I like the look and feel and the addon support is great.

Its updated seemlessly and doesnt cause any problems except for this. My adaware picks up cookie.sqlite everytime it opens. This in mozilla firefox holds all of your cookies, including login information, session data, and preferences. My adaware doesnt yet know this is ok and part of the software package. So its a niggle right now, if it continues i could end up switching browser to safari.

Alex

Firefox on the PC's and Safari on the MacBook/iPhone

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007