Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 7 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2014 at 23:33, Loose Cannon said:

TLF member EspritTragic's period shot of an Eclat, presumably near the factory?

12645837394_907c34c473_h.jpg

Just spotted this post after a few years!  This sums up Lotus for me.  As a kid in the 70s I used to see the bland pieces of shite to the right, and there were lots of them.  And very, very occasionally I would see an Elite or Éclat.  Such pure, elegant lines and they looked like they were going fast.  I still love the look of them to this day.

Here is the photo lightened a bit:

Eclat_zpsvx6mrw2s.jpg

• Gold FFM

Never forget the dog poo brown triumph spitfire that the guy at the engineering shop down the road got brand new when I was about 4 - I was transfixed by that car........

Only here once

• 1 month later...

Looks great. Are you going to bring it along to the monthly meet on Thursday in Harlow ?

Chris

Edit: It won't allow me to like the post :(

@Loose Cannon Thanks :-), i must be honest, i had no idea the bumpers were a thing, i thought it was a bit unusual compared to others ive seeb but didnt want to change it.

The cars lovely now but was off road since 92 tucked away in a garage. I've done all belts, starter, alternator, leads, plugs, new clutch, carpets, headlining, and a lot of cleaning. 

@ChrisJ thanks chris, i shall give it a go, id love to see some others :-)

The cars gorgeous but I may have to part with it soon so want to get as many miles on it as poss

17 hours ago, Cabbage said:

@Loose Cannon@ChrisJ Thanks :-), i must be honest, i had no idea the bumpers were a thing, i thought it was a bit unusual compared to others ive seeb but didnt want to change it.

Only the first couple of years' production got the black sill/bumper look before the inexplicable fad for colour coding black bits took hold in the 80s (and still persists today :()

For a very long time the Excel was the least loved Lotus and the black bumper-ed ones the least loved Excel. The attrition rate was enormous with loads being plundered for their engines to keep Esprits going. Which makes survivors like this one very pleasing to die hard nerds like myself.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

@Loose Cannon Its a shame there are so few, i think the darker bumper makes it look a lot sleeker imo.

I'll post some better pics once I get out in some sun

17 hours ago, Cabbage said:

@Loose Cannon  i think the darker bumper makes it look a lot sleeker imo

Me too, the later cars look quite bulky from some angles especially the rear. We both seem to be members of a very small and exclusive club though.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I hadn't realised that there were black bumper versions.

I think the red & black combination looks great.

Any commentary or just an enigmatic image?

Looks like an old photo with the dark spots at the edges at the top!

Somewhere in the lakes (a wild arse guess there!)

Edited by mikeeech

Yes should have said after owning elites since 1993,have got this 1990 excel SE,completely different driving experience,in a good way,still own elite s2.2 ,photo shown for comparison,taken in Edinburgh up a big hill

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

now mine! Needs some TLC and will be back on the road in June 2016 :-)

(the rubber hose is the fuel-pipe bypass that we had to install as a temporary solution during the transfer from Frankfurt/Germany to where I live in Zurich/Switzerland...)

bypass01.png

bypass02.png

bypass03.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...