Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2010 General Election - Page 3 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2010 General Election

Bibs

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a esprit cost more new then a three bed house and second hand more than a famly run around new, dont u think the odds are stacked in favour of a tory plus vote.

As disposable income we have to enjoy our passion of automotive art is probally obscene to the unenployed.

Go to signers are us forum and i think the vote will be 78% labour and -3% tory.

I think the vast amount of members on this site are not reprosentative of joe public so the vote is irrelevant.(but fun anyway)

just took the survey and it shows I should vote conservative, which I already knew!

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Apparantly I should be voting for Tories, UKIP and BNP in equal measure. Does that make me a floating voter or just confused?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Interesting exercise! I'm apparently voting mainly for BNP and UK Independent as well as Green. thumbdown.gif None of them I would normally give any time to, or even read or listen to the bumf. Mind you I don't normally do that for any party! Confused.com would be more appropriate.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Apparently I should vote for the Lib dems, I wonder what their policies on cars are...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

You will be screwed unfortunately. They announced today opening up thousands of miles of old train track and paying for it by removing the budget from teh roads. Of course they haven't said that they would cap the pricing on trains so you'll still pay exhorbitant prices.

Stricter emmissions on cars. Major reductions on car useage especially non-essential travel.

Removal of second lanes on many roads in favour of Bus and Cycle lanes.

A horrible tax on Air travel to "Reduce flying for pleasure" and encourage holidays in the UK.

Theres a summary here, but it doesn't tell you about the banning of cars over 200g/km, for sale in the UK, their increased fuel duty or Road charging scheme etc etc. In other words it's a greeny wishy washy version so it doesn't upset too many people.

http://www.nickclegg.org.uk/siteFiles/resources/PDF/Policy%20Briefing%20-%20Transport%20Oct%2009.pdf

Interestingly enough I wrote yesterday to my local Tory MP asking his parties policy on the Car and Automotive industry. Which is of particular concern to me, especially working in the industry.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Clearly in touch with the real world then...

Here's an E-mail I got from my mate Dave :thumbup:

"Dear Jonathan,

This is it. After all the dithering, this unelected Prime Minister has been forced by the law of the land to call the election he has put off for so long.

There is a huge choice in this election - one that affects the life of every man, woman and child in this country. It's a choice between five more years of Gordon Brown's tired government making things worse. Or change with the Conservatives - who have the energy, leadership and values to get Britain moving again.

It's a choice between a tax on jobs that kills the recovery, or dealing with our waste and debts so we can grow the economy. And it's a choice between a big government that kills off responsibility, or a big society that breathes life into our communities.

We've got an intense few weeks ahead of us. But, as I've just told our fantastic team at Campaign Headquarters, one day we'll all be able to look back on the time we were part of the movement that made 2010 the year of change.

Just take a second to think about it. In the next thirty days, we've got the chance to do what we haven't done for over thirty years. We've got a once in a generation chance to form a fresh government that really can deliver the change we need.

Every leaflet you deliver, every pound you donate, every email you send, every friend you speak to - every extra little thing you do can make the decisive difference between winning and losing.

We can't give Gordon Brown a second chance to ruin the country. So let's get out there and win it for Britain.

Yours,

Dave."

Hoooraah !

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I have yet to see, hear or encounter anything or anybody who's political opinion is worth anything to me, or anyone with an opinion i consider to be their own and not adopted from somewhere or someone else.

Still.

:thumbup:

Watch the Live TV debates, that should be interesting and a better idea of who to vote for....which is why they're having them.

I'm unemployed but still I don't get bored enough to sit through that kind of crap!

I'd much preffer to watch Jeremy Kyle or Property ladder, maybe even cash in the attic......

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Does anyone think that MP's have finally realised that the British public at large, that is the back bone of this country have finally had enough of being taxed to the hilt, lied too, robbed blind at every given opportunity, from a bunch of people who were corrupt in a massive scale, who have wasted countless millions of our wealth or should I say squandered millions, got involved in two wars we could ill afford, that maybe and its only a maybe tht this forthcoming election might be the lowest turnout for any election. Strangely enough I received an e-mail from our local MP which was almost word for word to the one Jonathon got. Furthermore, listening to the guys at work there seems to be a distinct air of apathy, like a could'nt care less attitude and who can blame them ?? I listened with interest to the programme with Darling, Osbourne and Cable when Darling blurted out "There is nothing left in the kitty", that to me said it all........................

• Gold FFM

The old priest lay dying in the hospital.

For years he had faithfully served the people of Old London Town

He motioned for his nurse to come near.

"Yes, Father?" said the nurse. "I would really like to see Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling before I die," whispered the Priest.

"I'll see what I can do, Father," replied the nurse. The nurse sent the request to the Premier's office and waited for a response.

Soon the word arrived that the Premier and Chancellor, devoted Christians both, were delighted to visit the Priest.

As they went to the hospital, Gordon commented to Alistair "I don't know why the old Priest wants to see us but it will certainly help our images and might even get us some favourable publicity for our Election Campaign"

Alistair agreed that it was a good thing.

When they arrived at the Priest's room, the Priest took Gordon's hand in his right hand and Alistair's hand in his left. There was silence and a look of serenity on the old Priest's face.

Finally Gordon spoke. "Father, of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"

The old Priest slowly replied, "I have always tried to pattern my life after our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

"Amen," said Gordon. "Amen," said Alistair.

The old Priest continued, "Jesus died between two thieves. I would like to do the same!"!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Gave all three a slap!

Can't make up my mind yet but I do like Yellow cars!

I watched it - a few lies on the Defence thing.

I was swayed a lot by Cleggy actually - Gordaon was his slimy self and Cameron couldn't really answer many specifics.

Watched the aftermath as well and that seemed to be the common consensus as well !

Sad thing is Cleg has NO chance of winning, which is ironic becuase it boils upto the fact the political system is so shagged in this country.

We're talking about having the best poeple in the top jobs, so why not have a vote on PM / Chancelor / Defence / Home Sec. and so on ???

Cleg and Cable would have a chance then - do we really need a 'party' in a tiny country like ours ?

Points to note

- Brown : Immigration is falling becuase no-one wants to come here anymore

- Cleggy : Immigration segregated by regions works for Canada and Aus becuase they are HUGE countries, not the for the UK please !!! enough beurocracy

+ Cleggy : Def right about the political reform

+ Cameron : Remove waste to pay for things during the recession, but need to make details for it not just "remove waste, end of"

- Cleggy : Trident...I agree cut it but to remove it permanently would reduce our world standing by a lot

- Brown : Lied about the helicopters, fact. SAS Chinooks were mothballed for years during Iraq and early Afghanistan due to wrong avionics, done that at BAE Systems

+ Cleggy : Remove that silly free £250 to 18 year olds

+ Cameron : Border police....HELLO we're an island, we could do with border police esp to fend of drug imports - a lot is pulled across the channel that way

+ Cleggy : Only guy who didn't croon and suck upto immensly the TA guy (top fella) and the Health worker

- Brown : Slimy, horrible grins he keep making - twat

- Brown : Cus I hate him...

- Brown : ...Lots

- Cameron : Just seemed to be too vauge

Good but leaders need to get out of their schpiel talk and get down to answers, only Clegg achieved that imo which won him kudos.

All in all interesting, I just think Labour have had their day and it's just anyone but Labour / Brown....please, I dont really care who.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Brown - is a liar.

Cleg - I don't trust, just something about him.

Cameron - seems the most genuine to me.

And if we get a Lib/Lab pact we are well and truley F%^ked.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

The poll of Lotus owners above currently gives

Tories 69.57%

Liberal 8.70%

Labour 6.52

Others 10% (ish)

If you plug these numbers in the the result calculator on the BBC web site you get

Tories 626 seats

Liberal 0 seats

Labour 5 seats

Others 19

Looks like we are more laser blue than norfolk mustard, calypso red or storm titanium....

Alan

As much as I love to see GB squirm, if the woman was a bigot then surely he's allowed to express that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8649200.stm

In 21st century Britain you can't say anything about anyone, even if it's true in case their cotton wool world comes apart. For that, I blame Blair, the prick.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

And Mrs Blair (aka Zippy, check out that huge mouth) is also to blame as she is constantly defending ridiculous measures in the courts in her role as a judge so that we really do not have freedom of speech ( or much else come to that) any more.

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)