Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
340r Picture Thread - Page 3 - 340r - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

340r Picture Thread

Bibs

152 here

currently ungoing rebuild (complete to and back from bare chassis) to Lotus Cup Europe regs. 

Built engine

original Lotus MSA Track pack roll bar

usual Catek and Lifeline systems

quaife and CR box parts

tillett seat

Nitrons

professional motorsport wiring loom

body wrapped

amd quite alot of other things

Seeing your speedo reminds me of April last year when I stupidly almost vmaxed mine in Germany and the oil line melted by the exhaust. 120+ and still pulling, I was damn lucky it was wet otherwise it it could have gone up in flames. 

8C5D76D3-FB4C-4ABC-9A3B-AE40F34E4351.thumb.jpeg.a8cf21d25036d76db76e48a9de00f3a3.jpegEBBC62CF-3527-41C0-909D-0655D29E57A3.thumb.jpeg.3683a78355df2f357151e047b817e845.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Who had the Evora with the red interior? Spied on the photo with the mountains. Your one or another?

I must get the R to Germany (again); it pulls to 110 easily, then slows quite a bit but I think 135 is achievable on the speedo at least. 

I am off to Germany on 18th Aug for 3 days of Bahnstorming. Sadly not in a Lotus.

Thanks for sharing #152.

Justin

4 minutes ago, series_one said:

1200miles. Quite a 1 day drive in a 340R

1200 miles in a day? In a 340R? I thought I did well doing 600 miles in a day in my Dolly Sprint a few years back. That is quite epic and good on ya.

I have #152 as R700 TUS. Once owned by Rob, and perhaps before that Gareth. Hoffmans advertised it in 2015.

Justin

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Perfect morning for a 340R. Delayed Spring outing due to lock-down, 7 months without use and leapt into life and on top form. Just about to turn 41,000 miles.

IMG_20200525_1125575.thumb.jpg.9eaef7ead8da2e94a91dc2549b0ae12f.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

@jep and that is why you got to love Lotus, what other company would sign that off, love it. When I picked up my S1 Elise a guy was picking up one of them, stunning thing but it was raining, myself and the missus only ended up with wet knees he must have had a great journey 

• Like 1

@Dan E totally agree. Only Lotus...I first saw the 340R on the set of The Big Breakfast in 2000 with Russell Carr promoting his latest work of art. I had a 111S at the time and instantly ordered the bonkers 340R. 

So wonderfully usable with windscreen, compliant ride, comfy seats, accessible performance and (almost) fail-safe handling. It never ceases to thrill and amaze me. The racy nature of a 190 K is a joyous thing.

Justin 

• Love 1

I think 2nd highest in UK, mileage-wise. Around the world, a few have done more, one in Japan I think at 70,000 miles.

Commute car of choice this week.

Condition of mine is 'campaigned'.

Justin 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Could it have actually been a new one...  as this was early 2002. This was the first one I had actually seen.

Got a tax disc. Did not take a pic of the back. It was in their workshop, they used to allow me to wonder about. Took a few other pics of cars on the ramps while I was there that day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found this the other day, this is the same car that B&C have for sale at the moment.

Picture taken in 2002 at the Team Lotus F1 auction sale in Brighton. There was a number of other road cars present all up for auction, including the Etna.

Lotus00043.thumb.JPG.ca7204682b29f1a06df17c8057e7848b.JPG

• Like 1