Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Broken glovebox - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Broken glovebox

Can anybody help, I was playing with my ipod with my glovebox open as my mum got in my car. She managed to put her foot in the glovebox and broke the string that holds it in place (right hand side). Should be easy to but I can't see where it is supposed to attach inside the dash. Could somebody take a pic of their own glovebox cord and post it in this thread as I have had enough of my glovebox spilling it's contents into the footwell whenever the open button is pressed!

Thanks,

Chris.

AEG-banner.jpg

Sorry - but that is pretty good acrobatics by your mum and had to titter, a little...whistle.gif

Will try to post a photo tomorrow if I can get in there (the car that is) to make up for the laughter

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

Marvin,

You are talking about Evora glovebox aren't you? It is just under your Avatar you list Exige S as your car and I don't remember your name posting in Evora section before. Not that there is anything wrong with that though! Also from memory (as stuck offshore at the mo) the shock cord attachment of the Evora glovebox was only on the initial mule cars and then changed to some sort of slightly damped arrangement from the early cars. Still poor, but better so at least it doesn't MT contents on the floor every time. dry.gif I've never studied it however so may well be some cord in there as well and I'm talking bollocks. unsure.gif

Anyway I'm told Elises and Exiges were hard cars without any namby pamby concessions to luxury like cupholders or storage like us Evora drivers! Are they getting softer? Heh heh. rofl.gif

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Marvin, sorry for making assumptions. We all know what they are don't we. censored.gif Heh heh. Now I'd like to help you out but as I am about 6,000 miles from my car for another 4 weeks or so I will have to leave this up to one of the others to resolve. I am now also interested in finding out if we have cord as I thought it had been replaced. I still am struggling to picture the moment though of your Mum with her foot stuck in the glovebox. Must be a spritely old bird! unworthy.gif

Cummon the rest of you, help the man. I'm now intrigued about this cord!!!!

Matt, that's more like it. That was the hard core that I had heard about and thought I'd seen. thumbup.gif

Bibs, I think I know what you are talking about from seeing one in the showroom although I didn't know that was what it was. An alloy ring sticking out the bottom of the dash looking like a complete after thought with a bit of leather under it I assume. hrhr.gif

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Glove box cord very hard to find and photo hope this helps. Its on the righthand side comes through the dash bulkhead and joins onto the box on at the right hand outside.

DSC04201-1.jpg

Edited by GKP
Edit to embed piccy.

Thanks Andrew.

I can find the hole in the bulkhead that the cord goes through, now to find out what it is supposed to be attatched to and how.

Can't make it out from the pic.

Why is nothing easy!?

AEG-banner.jpg

The cord is part of a damper that is bolted to the liner.

You will need to replace the damper, which will require the liner being removed.

The little push pins in the liner will also need replacing, as they tend to be unusable after being removed.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lot my daughter has done the same bloody thing to my glove box last night. there seems to be a little wheel behind the glove box wondering if this crappy pease of string attaches to that? did you manage to fix yours.

Bibs

You also have to be careful when putting a bottle of water in the holder as the switch for the central locking is behind the gear lever and invariably gets knocked.

Yes central locking AND a cup holder in an Elise, whatever next!

Edited by bingoking

Hey guys fixed the glove box its a tube with a spring in it and the string is att to one end . just put a knott at one end of the string re att, job done .abit fiddly 30 mins to do all working now.thumbsup.gif

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

can anyone stick up some pics?.....mine went ping yesterday....looks like the wire bit snapped......

thanks

G

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)