Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 68 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

• Gold FFM
43 minutes ago, 2011 Chrome Orange said:

Since you can't buy a real one in the US :(

Lotus Evora S.jpg

Is that a Win Ace front bumper?

• Gold FFM

Looks like a very good fit. I've been contemplating one of these, as part of a possible group buy happening here, but had that niggling doubt in the back of my mind over 'fit and finish'. Going by your pic, I've got nothing to worry about.

I'm VERY happy with it. I had to do some very minor adjustments prior to bringing to the paint shop but overall, it fit very good out of the box.

And, another shot my nephew took (he's a better photographer then me!)...

Evora GTE front.JPG

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2011 Chrome Orange said:

Since you can't buy a real one in the US :(

Lotus Evora S.jpg

This looks a lot like a Mansory kit, not a real GTE or 350.   Maybe you can't buy one.    But you can build one.   It just takes forever .....   ;-)

That winace front bumper looks great @ChromeOrange, I was following the thread on LT with interest and the general concensus seams to be it's a well made, well finished piece of kit.

Do you know how different the front clearance is to standard (attack angle or whatever it may be called)? My current car (with the @TBD front splitter extender) JUST about allows me to get up my drive, I'd be worried that with the winace front bumper and lip I'd be stuck not getting my car up.

I think you're car looks superb. Just enough black, without too much. Very nicely done Sir.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yeah, I think the bumper cf bits go well with the rest of my cf (front hatch, A pillers, mirrors, scoops, wing, diffuser, sail panel)

As far as the angle... it definitely has changed. I haven't actually measure it, but I think this sits about the same height as OEM but projects about 3 1/2 " further out. I can take measurements today if you would like that you can use to compare to your OEM.

I have a horseshoe driveway. With the OEM, I could enter/exit from either end or angle. But, not anymore. Now I can enter from either end but only exit out one end. And, Its very close on two other driveways I regularly use. So close that I literally crawl into the driveway. But, clear is clear :) 

I plan to make up some under bumper protection that I will bond to the bottom of the bumper. But, for now, I'll be very careful over bumps and driveways.

Hmmmm. Will check on mine as @TBD splitter iis about 2.5" longer I think. I crawl up my first drive bit now, but think it may be just too much for it. Shame, as they've done a great job fitting it to the thinner front wings of the normal Evora to the gate.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have similar thoughts as my Evora has been on 7 ferry trips and with the standard bumper I don't have to worry much - I worry more about bags and doors from other cars. I think this has put me off changing the front bumper. Still plenty of other things to spend the money on - I do fancy a cf sail panel, but has anybody weighed one to see if they actually save any weight too?

On 14 May 2016 at 18:08, ferk1966 said:

At a wedding today , think the car got more attention than the bride 

image.jpeg

Is that her in the passenger seat by any chance, she does NOT look happy. :rofl:

22 minutes ago, Colin G said:

Is that her in the passenger seat by any chance, she does NOT look happy. :rofl:

No that's just the wife , she never looks happy ? actually I think she was looking at her phone 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Hmmmm. Will check on mine as @TBD splitter iis about 2.5" longer I think. I crawl up my first drive bit now, but think it may be just too much for it. Shame, as they've done a great job fitting it to the thinner front wings of the normal Evora to the gate.

I have rubber ramps made from re-cycled car tires, that decrease the approach angle to the curb.   Do you have anything like that available to you?   Here, it's called an Eco-Flex EZ Curb Ramp ....

11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

.......Do you know how different the front clearance is to standard (attack angle or whatever it may be called)? My current car (with the @TBD front splitter extender) JUST about allows me to get up my drive, I'd be worried that with the winace front bumper and lip I'd be stuck not getting my car up....

If I measured it right, it looks like a 8 or 9 degree approach angle instead of the 11 degree stock. The front leading edge of the cf is 6 7/8" high from the ground. And the same edge protrudes 7 11/16" out from the seam of where the clam meets the bumper (up by the LOTUS badge).

Ok. My drive goes up steep at the start, so not a kerb issue, more a ramp angle issue if that makes sense @aerobat

Thanks ChromeOrange. Will need to work out how to measure against my drive - feels like a Blue Peter sticky backed cardboard project. The UK guys, after they've stopped swooning over Valerie Singleton, will know what I mean!

• Like 1

The small print.

Just joining the party a bit late here but that is stunning.  :wub:

Alfa2Evora I'd be up for hearing more for sure if a group buy as the front is the worst view of the present car for sure (IMHO) and I am less than a closet GTE fanboy but just can't afford one.  I also like the way Chrome orange has done his rear wing as that is exactly like how I'd do it and have the pylons in body colour.  I'm away for some more fantasy time.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

On 14 May 2016 at 20:44, Chris J said:

Gave the Evora  a wash and polish today as the missus and nipper are away at the grandparents for a few days. Front splitter now installed courtesy of Alfa2Evora (thanks David). Adds a bit of bite to the front which I think it needed.

P1020372.jpg

P1020378.jpg

She's looking good Chris :D I'll confess - it looks much much better with the standard cast wheels, than the anthracite ones I had on. When I put them on just prior to selling, I wondered why I even had the anthracites :D This is all a little incestuous though - David (Alfa2Evora) has the GT4 rear wing from your Evora now... All you need is for either yourself or David to buy my CF rear engine bay cover ;) 

Thanks Tom. I would like to put a set of silver forged wheels on, though I have to admit as far as 'base spec' wheels go these are pretty good! Sadly no more spending for a while as nipper #2 is on the way, I even justified the splitter as protection for the bumper! (the only time I damaged my old Elise was scraping the bumper on a higher than expected kerb in a car park...) Otherwise I'd be complementing the 2bular exhaust back box with a manifold and CAI and add a GTE bumper and a rear wing...

Incidentally you don't have any documentation for the 2bular valve system electronics do you? I'm waiting for Jim to send me down a new control box as it's threw a wobbly a couple of weeks back and isn't listening to either of the remote fobs...

18 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Thanks Tom. I would like to put a set of silver forged wheels on, though I have to admit as far as 'base spec' wheels go these are pretty good! Sadly no more spending for a while as nipper #2 is on the way, I even justified the splitter as protection for the bumper! (the only time I damaged my old Elise was scraping the bumper on a higher than expected kerb in a car park...) Otherwise I'd be complementing the 2bular exhaust back box with a manifold and CAI and add a GTE bumper and a rear wing...

Incidentally you don't have any documentation for the 2bular valve system electronics do you? I'm waiting for Jim to send me down a new control box as it's threw a wobbly a couple of weeks back and isn't listening to either of the remote fobs...

Interesting Chris.... I had that same issue prior to selling, and Jim fixed it for me (...ahem) by sending me a new remote box and controllers. No documentation i'm afraid. You may be better off replacing it yourself - I expect Jim used a chinese firm - you may have better luck with a UK sourced remote box. It's just a simple switch box. 

CAI was on my list too - a tip - only go BOE. Radium throw up EML issues. BOE are just within the right AMF sensor threshold range, and won't throw an EML. 

The downside of that exhaust is as it no longer has a cat, the only cats are within the manifolds (same as the V6 Exige and Evora S - only early models of the Evora had the rear cat). What that means is you won't be able to replace the manifolds without also getting a rear cat and removing the rear pipe. 

That's what I was thinking, it should be possible to find a supplier for a remote controller box so I don't have to bother Jim but it would be useful to have a wiring diagram and know what voltage it needs/outputs. Sadly the manifold/cat issue is academic at the moment without a small lottery win but I figured I would be needing one of Jim's sports cats as well as the manifold to replace the decat pipe where the 3rd cat used to be.