Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 112 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

The rain didn't stop play!! Everyone just soaked it up and got on with it, I've never seen so many happy faces after a wet trackday... most of us were doing 40-60 minute stints out on track ,must of done about 4hrs. Seriously good fun had by all. In complete contrast, we had beautiful sunshine at Zolder yesterday, sweating buckets by the afternoon. Brilliant two day on two great tracks and everyone returned home in one piece (forgot how fast Zolder is, wow).

• Like 1

I honestly couldn't tell you Trev, never been one for timing myself, even when I was racing I never had any timing or data logging equipment. When they dished out the timing sheets after qualifying was about as much as I was interested in lap times, and not for how 'fast' it was but simply to see where I sat in the grid. Couldn't tell you now what times we use to run on any circuits and I raced for some years... Spending hours analysing data from a 20 minute race was never my thing mind, I'm more your 'fuel goes in, foot goes down' type of guy. I'm driving as fast as I can and looking at the stopwatch isn't going to make me go any quicker!! :)

• Haha 1

Yes I'm the same not interested in lap times but am interested in how one car compares to another and if two cars aren't there on track at the same time it gives you me an idea. 

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Things were all getting a bit hot in the boot area with the standard exhaust, heat sheilding and diffuser in place. I changed it out for a gt4 diffuser and single tip exhaust made by a local fab shop, heat problem solved!! I actually had a couple of back boxes made for it that I can swap over in less than 20 minutes.  The one above is the larger quite one about 8" in diameter (trackday friendly for most days), the other is a 3" pipe into a 4" can... sounds absolutely mental ,they'd have chucked me off the circuit though the moment I went through the gate had I had that one on... 

• Like 1

:rant:

heaviest version of an Evora versus the lightest versions of other cars... grrr

I'd also like to see them all on the scales there would be some big discrepancies from the official claims.

• Like 1

Now now Mr Pits.  You'll be accused of fanboyism if you carry on in that vein as we all know the only car company who does not publish its numbers fairly are Lotus. Well, that's what so many Porsche owners would have us believe anyway :devil:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 9/20/2017 at 10:35, CaptainSlow said:

A few laps in the Evora last Sunday. Local track in the southern part of Sweden, called Ring Knutstorp. Link to YouTube: 

were those two both Lotus Elise that overtook you?

Edited by phenoyz

Sure looked like it, they were obviously on hot laps versus the warm-up lap.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

What colour red is that. I went weak at the knees at that picture and started to dribble and drool like a hungry baby looking at a nipple!

The small print.

Still can't believe nobody's bought the 410 at Silverstone in this colour......or the fact nobody has yet to order the Exige in it either from what I understand. I went all the way down to see Ian's 400 in Fire Red to confirm if this was the colour for me - as soon as I saw it my thinking was confirmed. Just wish someone would buy my S4s so I can get a Fire Red Exige Sport 380 ordered.....love the colour!!B-)