Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 132 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

3 hours ago, jamesbilluk said:

That didn't last long... I've had to put the original lights back on, as the new LED ones seemed to be causing the traction control light to come on/disable the sport button :( Ive contacted the manufacturer to see what could be causing it. 

FYI, but I’ve been moving all of the ‘GRP lights/TC issues) to their own thread:

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Nathan Pitman said:

@TheKevlarKid I think that's taking "Simplify, then add lightness" to the extreme.

Wait til you see what I've got planned for it!! Hoping to bring it in under the 1tonne mark. Should go like the clappers... 

34 minutes ago, trcm said:

Did you just buy a bare Evora chassis, this must be a large project!

Yep bare S1 chassis. I'm looking at doing something completely different... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheKevlarKid said:

And so the next project looms...

IMG_20180815_0813387.thumb.jpg.5e94ecda88dbe9fd6237f112a82861be.jpg

That is a great photo showing just how much the forward tub on the S1 encroaches on the footwells. It was a good move altering this on the S2.

When I saw the S2 tub during the factory tour, I also thought it was a shame the 'glue' lines were not as discrete as the Elise/Exige, which would have allowed a strip out of the carpets etc to reduce weight and show all that lovely aluminium off in a Evora 411!!! :>) 

8 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Nicknamed ‘Buster’?

Lol, I think I'll be calling myself 'busted' by the time it's finshed..

3 hours ago, pete757 said:

That is a great photo showing just how much the forward tub on the S1 encroaches on the footwells. It was a good move altering this on the S2.

When I saw the S2 tub during the factory tour, I also thought it was a shame the 'glue' lines were not as discrete as the Elise/Exige, which would have allowed a strip out of the carpets etc to reduce weight and show all that lovely aluminium off in a Evora 411!!! :>) 

It  does pinch in at the front, its going to be lhd so doesn't effect foot positioning quite as bad.

It certainly does not effect the most important right foot as bad!

But the guys with the LHD cars, esp the Yanks, are always complaining of a dead left leg! 

Intrigued by what you are up to!!

I'm not 100% sure myself yet. I've slowly been acquiring evora parts over the last few years. I've got most of the main mechanical components now and thought I've got to do something with them.

Thought about a 4-11 type build but doing bodywork and getting it to fit and look good will be a challenge and will also pile the weight back on. Main idea running at the minute is to build up the rolling chassis then have a exposed rollcage design that creates the final shape which will be easiest to achieve. Also thought about doing a 3seater with a central driving position and 2rear pax which would work very well but it would be a bit more of a challenge and would need custom parts making. Main ones being the steering rack and column. Problem being I'd never be allowed to take pax out on track if I did that hence keeping it 2 setas and lhd as those are the parts I have on the shelf ready to go.

image.jpeg.292849926324078a773c40f2ed362a87.jpeg

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

And a big 42" screen siliconed onto the dash for those essentials like electronic HVAC controls and Emmerdale!

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

How long before manufacturers offer cars which are subsidised by advertising on the dash. "Just watch this 30 second video to unlock 5th gear" :D

@C8RKH we're crossing threads now - that ended badly in Ghostbusters.

Edited by Nathan Pitman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nathan Pitman said:

Looking forward to following your progress with this. I wish I was as mechanically talented. :)

I picked these up in the garage the other day to undo a bolt.  

Image result for rusty screwdriver

After about 4 and a half hours this was the result.

Image result for rusty screwdriver

Success!  Just got another 9 to remove so have booked next week off work to make sure I get the job done proper!

The small print.