Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 135 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

I am not personally interested to change from std, but they do look visually wider, so I assume you selected offsets that make them “stick oot” a bit more?

If yes - do you know std wheel offsets for comparison? 

Edited by mik

They're wider rims with a little more offset to fill the guards. The extra width adds about the same width as the additional offset. Standard offsets for the various Evora wheel options are listed on the 'the playground Techwiki'.

Had a quick look. 

So using the “Design” on mine as a reference:

Fronts are 8x19 ET55

Rears are 9.5x20 ET 69

Your new ones are

Front 8.5x19 ET ??

Rear 10x20 ET ??

Can you fill in the blanks? :)

On 24/10/2018 at 10:37, DBG said:

Standard offsets for the various Evora wheel options are listed on the 'the playground Techwiki'.

They aren’t necessarily correct, though. The Exige V6 sizes/offsets on Techwiki are/were wrong. 

2 hours ago, pete757 said:

Lovely colour!

Is that a carbon tailgate, splitter and roof! On a 400! Thought was was the preserve of the UK spec 410's ...

It is. The US market got the carbon pack has an option because of the delay in the 410 introduction... Essentially the US spec 410 is just a 400 with these options...

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 2

That's a lovely looking Evora that!

Shame about the huge dent on the front bumper! :sofa:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

8 hours ago, Steffen_Leitgeb-LSWGmbh said:

US homologation problems with the actual GT 410? I think the Carbon Pack would be an ideal option for Europe too. I always liked the "old" 410 Sport 2016/2017 models. Shame that there are only a few.   

We are not getting the GT410... We are getting a GT430 US spec, that will be a mix of GT410 bits (composite front and rear bumpers instead of carbon) GT430 bits ( carbon front spoiler and rear wing, 430 engine tune, louvered tail gate, and Sparco SP carbon seats, 430 chassis tune) it should come with more kit as standard and should be priced  very aggressively. The GT430 will be launched early december at Houston Motorsport ranch where the North American Lotus driver academy is located possibly following a US unveil at Los Angeles autoshow Delivery are set to start in the spring. 

US dealers are selling their stock on MY2017 and MY2018 Evora 400, We are not getting any MY2019 400 and we are not getting the GT410 or GT430 Sport as far as i know. Remember that the US Evora 410 Sport was just a 400 with the appearance package of a 410 Sport.

15 hours ago, NedaSay said:

We are not getting the GT410... We are getting a GT430 US spec, that will be a mix of GT410 bits (composite front and rear bumpers instead of carbon) GT430 bits ( carbon front spoiler and rear wing, 430 engine tune, louvered tail gate, and Sparco SP carbon seats, 430 chassis tune) it should come with more kit as standard and should be priced  very aggressively. The GT430 will be launched early december at Houston Motorsport ranch where the North American Lotus driver academy is located possibly following a US unveil at Los Angeles autoshow Delivery are set to start in the spring. 

US dealers are selling their stock on MY2017 and MY2018 Evora 400, We are not getting any MY2019 400 and we are not getting the GT410 or GT430 Sport as far as i know. Remember that the US Evora 410 Sport was just a 400 with the appearance package of a 410 Sport.

Anyway that Carbon Pack for the 400 is cool. I like it.

And I especially like the perfect PR work Lotus USA does. They made Road and Track to fall in love with the Evora even.
I follow the recent Facebook posts of Lotus USA and I must admit they show off with the most attractive Evoras in perfect colours 🙂
They do great work pushing the Evora and the Lotus dealers in the US. At the same time I feel here in Europe it is mainly the owners themselves who are making some noise about this beautiful and very good GT car.

What a shame. I think Lotus EU/UK does not push enaugh in the top league. Still too much focus on Elise and Exige V6? Lotus can do proper cars and nobody knows it 😉
I will ask some of my VBOX customers in the German motoring press if there is just no offer to drive a GT430 or GT430S by Lotus factory … it could be so easy. Even I could help Lotus with my contacts easily.
For the German press it is important to prepare the car towards the testing type: so do the German manufacturers always that is why the look so unbeatable … preparation, commitment and care. Then you win.

So I just checked: AutoBild / AutoBild Sportscars had their last Evora for a serious test in 2011 (where it was able to beat a Porsche 911 S (997)) and they were really into that car … after that I was told no more connection. 😕
So we have to support a little for ourselves 🙂

🙂

GT430ForumUK.jpg

• Like 1

You are probably right . A lot of these 60? 430 Evora’s were perhaps pushed on dealers and not real customer orders at the time of production so they are now on the market.

For the “analog” driver as you say I would argue that  the 410 gt is a better option unless you are a track day fanatic. Why pay for variable traction and adjustable dampers that you need wheels off to adjust and a 8000£ titanium exhaust (without opening valve) that saves you 11kg, and downforce bits that come into play at over 125mph.

• Like 1

In Germany some GT430s are still on sale. On the other hand if global extinction is on the way … we should buy them 😉 

I think if Lotus would have been able to make much more press noise about the Evora 400 before and later with the GT430 maybe they all would have been sold within a short time and prices would be stable - even after several trackdays … we are talking of only 60 cars and not 1.900 something like the 15th limited edition of a Porsche Speedster or else!

Simple: if you want to sell at a higher price your brand awareness in the sportscar market must be bigger. Quality does not matter on awareness. Awareness is first. Press display, advertising and demonstrator cars are the key. 
At the moment small boys do not dream of an Evora GT430 and put it on the wall as their bedroom poster a) I do not think Lotus ever printed some (!) and b) small boys look for more blingbling cars like McLaren, Ferrari or Lamborghini as they have no clue about driving (yet) and these cars are still promoted heavily by their makers.

Anyway I like the Evora GT 430 and GTS 430 🙂 They are the best Evora you can get at the moment.   

10 hours ago, Richard Goblet d’Alviella said:

Why pay for variable traction and adjustable dampers that you need wheels off to adjust and a 8000£ titanium exhaust (without opening valve) that saves you 11kg, and downforce bits that come into play at over 125mph.

If you can? Because it is just a cool thing to do. It makes your car special. You get more fun out of it just by owning it, looking at it and driving it.
And you can even tune or upgrade it further and have even more fun. All what I would do 🙂 Target / mission: having the best possible GT430 on the planet (before the above mentioned extinction). 
I would just not mind if nobody would know what I am driving. Or laughing at me at spending a fortune on a "rubbish" Lotus and not on the zillionth "super" 911 GT3 - I would be just doing it all for me.

• Like 2