Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 137 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Lol. I do love your big V8's though I have to confess over here in the Federal State of Europe we do make some damn fine screaming V12's.

Generally, overcrowding in the cities is becoming an issue but I live in Scotland and my roads are stunning and often empty.

Legislation and Tech (self driving cars and EVs for fooks sake) is slowly killing off the industry but let's not forget Ferrari sold more V12 cars than ever last year. Their fastest growing segment. The new M5 is a 600+bhp monster. Then we have the biturbo V8's in the E63 AMG etc.  We're not doing too bad over here really.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, xxaarraa said:

haha.  

America is the last bastion of hope for the car enthusiast my friend. We still make V8s, trucks, make sure our gas is cheap and roads are plenty. I am in Italy now as we speak and just filled up at over $7 per gallon. Combined with all your overcrowding, dinky roads, CO2 and congestion taxes and you have to ask why you all bother to make cars any more, especially performance cars. When a Fiat 500 looks and feels like a solid car next to a litany of tinier cars, you know the standards are pretty low for the general population. lol

Nearer 8 dollars a gallon here in the UK :(

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

45 minutes ago, pete757 said:

Don't think about it! Just 'press on'! 👍

Don’t be too smug, it’s been $1.80 plus a litre here,  and  as an Imperial gallon is 4.546 litres that’s $8.20 a gallon. 

Edited by au-yt

6 hours ago, pete757 said:

Don't think about it! Just 'press on'! 👍

Oh I do, especially with the Ultima having an LS3 V8 ;)

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

For those sim racers and gamers out there, these two lovelies are coming to RaceRoom - the Evora GT4

image.png.ce557a0f7e391d8a800a0524a23f8f85.png

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Lol. I do love your big V8's though I have to confess over here in the Federal State of Europe we do make some damn fine screaming V12's.

Generally, overcrowding in the cities is becoming an issue but I live in Scotland and my roads are stunning and often empty.

Legislation and Tech (self driving cars and EVs for fooks sake) is slowly killing off the industry but let's not forget Ferrari sold more V12 cars than ever last year. Their fastest growing segment. The new M5 is a 600+bhp monster. Then we have the biturbo V8's in the E63 AMG etc.  We're not doing too bad over here really.

I hear ya. Overcrowding is a problem is the US as well. All big cities have ridiculous traffic and rush hour commutes are measured in hours. It's the modern world and no country is spared. 

Don't forget America is far out ahead of Europe when it comes to EVs. Tesla is a California company with the Germans trying hard to catch up as we speak. I briefly considered the Model 3 Performance before I bought the Evora 400 and it is a blisteringly fast car. Rest of it was too bland for me though, Tesla needs a good coach builder for its bodyshells, to get their design to catch up to their drivetrain. 

What I find interesting about Europe is that 85% of the cars on the road are bad. I mean, really bad. Badly made, bad performance, bad durability, bad design. And just when you are about to write them all off, the other 15% is great! Naturally, that's what gets exported across the pond and that's what we Americans see as European cars. Speaking specifically about British cars, I have to say that next to Italian cars, British cars have the most beautiful bodywork. Astons, Lotus, Jags - always looked beautiful, all of them. 

I just did a tour of the Ferrari museum and Fiorano test track in Maranello today! Awesome. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xxaarraa said:

What I find interesting about Europe is that 85% of the cars on the road are bad. I mean, really bad. Badly made, bad performance, bad durability, bad design. 

An amusing comment when the widely held view in Europe is the other way around re US cars !

Having said that I am just waiting for a Mustang GT to be built and sent over to me !

7 hours ago, gregs24 said:

An amusing comment when the widely held view in Europe is the other way around re US cars !

Having said that I am just waiting for a Mustang GT to be built and sent over to me !

That used to be true, but no longer. American cars have made a big comeback in the last 10 years, specifically the last 5 years. Have you driven or sat in a C7 Corvette? Brilliant car that's also well made. The new Ford Raptor? Remarkable piece of engineering. The new Mustangs are very cool as well. The Caddy "V" cars are phenomenal. The old stereotypes about bad interiors don't apply anymore. Or at least apply less and less.

Congrats on the new Mustang!! The new ones are indeed very cool, and will look like an exotic out here in Europe. 

13 hours ago, xxaarraa said:

I just did a tour of the Ferrari museum and Fiorano test track in Maranello today! Awesome. 

Try also the Lambo museum! And use the nord route (nord Italy) the Mille Miglia, starting point Brescia with a lot of the museums and big car gallaries.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:48, EuropaSman said:

I know them as scissor doors.  :geek:

I agree with Steffen; the hinges will probably add weight. Looks very cool on the M250 though (technically it appears to have butterfly doors).

In 1999 it looked cool. Not so much now.

(IMO the only thing that spoils the McLaren is the doors)

I don't like the styling of the M250 at all. But heh, that doesn't matter one jot in the big scheme of things.

@xxaarraa - I remember one of the previous Gen Corvettes when if you sneezed 20ft away from the bodyshell the whole think shaked and flexxed from the shock waves it was that flimsy. I would hope it was better now lol....

The vast majority of American cars just look like plastic square buckets to me, probably in the way the European ones do to you.  Build quality will be meh and very much down to manufacturer and model, just like it is by the way, in Europe!  To be honest the car market is a global market and anything mass produced from $4k to $100K will pretty much be similar really.  American brands don't seem to do much better than Euro ones on JDPower surveys and the Japanese and Koreans still seem, by and large, to build the most reliable cars.

The ray of hope in a sea of mediocrity for me is brands and the cars they make, like Lotus.  Lotus cars are not without their issues and problems, I'm not blind, but bang for buck in terms of development costs, and vrooms for buck in terms of sheer driving pleasure there is little to match them. There are some that come close at a slightly cheaper price. There are some that beat them at a significantly higher price. And there is Porsche, mass production means there cars are somewhat of  bargain but outside of the GT cars they do lack soul to me and also I don't [play golf, I'm not a dentist or accountant, and I really am not that needy to have to one! :)

The small print.

34 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

@xxaarraa - I remember one of the previous Gen Corvettes when if you sneezed 20ft away from the bodyshell the whole think shaked and flexxed from the shock waves it was that flimsy. I would hope it was better now lol....

You know, people are always harder on American cars than other brands. For instance, the interior of my 996 C4S 911 - a $104K car when it was new - was so cheap and flimsy and badly made it was a joke. The damn car did not even have bluetooth or HID lights or a rear wiper, when all of those were standard for years before. Hell, the interior of my Evora 400 is so tinny and flimsy as well, with the exterior not particularly better. Believe me, I just had the interior all apart just a few weeks ago to install sound deadening and its remarkably home made. The newer C7 Vettes (2014+) have moved upmarket and are remarkably well made. The new ZR1 is ~3200 lbs, only 100 or so lbs heavier than an Evora - and makes 755 hp / 700 ft-lbs. 

I agree with you on Lotus being a welcome change from a sea of mediocrity as you put it. I am not loyal to any one brand, and like all cars. I have had BMW Ms, a few different AMGs, one 911, one Vette, one Raptor, a sprinkling of Acura/Toyota/Mazda and now my first Lotus. Every car is a different and fulfilling experience in itself and they all have their faults too.  

Too many good cars out there and not enough time (or money) as they say! 

Agreed, the new Corvette is nice. I don't think people are any harsher on US cars to be honest, i think you 'Muricans are just big softies and so take it to heart more lol.

Agreed re the 996 911. I had a go in one when new and thought meh (it was Carrera 2S) and also if I recall the interior plastic was quite hard and shiny black. A lot of people rave about the Porsche interiors but the 996 and 997 to me are nothing special at all to be honest and the 996 especially does look really dated now.

However, I have to say my 410 Sports interior is a lovely place to be. no rattles and well made and i don't feel it is home made at all. my previous 2010 S1 now that was special with the polished metal, the alcantara, the venom red leather. it was like a tarts boudoir on a warm summers night! I still find the S1 a special place to be and when i got back in too (a lovely Persian Blue with oyster and black GTE with venom red interior it just felt so special and lovely and just right!). Better actually than my 410!

Anyway, been awhile and we nee to keep on topic so here's a picture of much missed old, and much loved new...

My Evora.jpg

Evora interior 1.jpg

My Evora 410.jpg

• Like 2

The small print.

Lovely car and the Evora's not bad either! :)

The small print.

@TAS that's a lovely bike there too. Lucky guy ! ;)

The small print.