Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 141 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

• Gold FFM

At a checkpoint for this weekend's 'Flying Scotsman' vintage rally, I give you 'Little & Large' - only 102 years between the 2 designs.

588055837_FlyingScotsmanRally2019042.thumb.JPG.273924c785e2a3c4c1b12853a9502ab6.JPG

• Like 2

I like the contrast between old and new.. but the difference between the first Elite and the Evora isn't that great and that is 62 years old. Hats off to ACBC for the advances in car design he made.

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

I quite like the boudoir interior. Very Mansory carbon bits à la GTE.

I don't think Lotus gets enough credit for the amount of carbon fibre parts that comes on an Evora nowadays. I had a look round a Mercedes AMG GT-R and a Porsche 911 GT3 the other day and there was an awful lot of cheap plastic bodywork trim bits, where I would have expected carbon fibre. The Merc is a 150K car.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Neal H said:

Nice! Whereabouts in Colorado are you? I love Colorado!

Thanks.  The photo was taken in the central part of the state, near Tarryall Reservoir and South Park.  I live in the foothills west of Denver.  We have an active club, called Lotus Colorado, or Loco, and put on the Lotus Owners Gathering in Colorado Springs a few years ago.  Perhaps you were out for that?  Anyway, if you are in Colorado, Lotus car enthusiasts from around the world  are welcome to join us on a drive or come to a meeting.  Colorado has some great Lotus roads.

I’ll be in Colorado early September. Flying into Denver, drive down via Leadville towards Salida then across to a stop over in Montrose (Black Canyon). Head south west via Silverton and Durango to Cortez for a couple of nights (Mesa Verde) then into Arizona (Grand Canyon) and up through Utah to fly out of Salt Lake City.

Colorado scenery is breathtaking, I’m really looking forward to it :)

• Like 2

Neal:  Looks like a great trip.  Make sure you check out the north side of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison:  A great Lotus road.  I would be happy to share some of my favorite routes along the way.  Contact me when you get closer to September if you are interested in some local favorites.  Travis (aka Vulcan Grey) is another good source of local Colorado knowledge. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I think this was a very fair review. The interior is not up to the standard of the price of the car. However, none of us bought it because of the interior. My guess is the interior in the future line-up will be much better.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

I agree with you, he's done a very good job there, balanced and fair.  His enthusiasm and excitement at the drive and handling is what sells these cars, you soon overlook the minor negatives on the interior, etc.  The more people who drive them the more they would sell. 

The Evora sound is so addictive too!  For the price, I cannot see any car better it for a B road blast. 🙂  He mentioned the rev sweet spot 4,000 - 5,000 and yes that is a fun place to be, nice amount of torque but I love that extra pull you feel very close to the top end around 6,700 or so.

I am also really looking forward to see what lies in store with new model releases!