Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 18 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Ouch! That's gonna smart! :popo:

How the hell did it get there?

Good time to check all those fiddly panel screws on the bottom though. Glass half full. That's me. (sometimes)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Still, one must recognize that even the underside of the Evora is pretty to look at. You won't find such clean lines on many cars. :rambo:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM

Ahh. Now I see. Thanks Simon. :)

Bit of second cut though and I reckon it'll buff out. :yes:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

A friend popped this in back of a supermarket during a small car meet. There's something about it I like.

Moxie%20MY12%20Burnt%20Orange%20Evora%20

Then the cops rolled in...

COP 1: Who's Lotus is that?
ME: Mine.
COP 1: It came back as stolen.
ME: Really? That's a neat trick considering it doesn't have a front plate, it's backed against a wall so you can't see the back plate, and you haven't scanned the registration.
COP1: I'm just messing with you. I'm about to buy an Exige S.

Have mercy.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• Gold FFM

At least the copper recognised it. Did you tell him about TLF?

No time. He and his partner had clearly made an unscheduled diversion on their way to something else. But I'm pretty sure I'd recognize him again if i saw him. He's probably on LT, so maybe if I post there he'll surface.

• Gold FFM

They made an unscheduled diversion around the back of a supermarket to see an Evora and you didn't have time to say "Hey, join the lotus forums!"?

Excuses...............

They made an unscheduled diversion around the back of a supermarket to see an Evora and you didn't have time to say "Hey, join the lotus forums!"?

Excuses...............

The cop, was lean, mean, in a rush (albeit politely), AND HAD A GUN!!! Plus I didn't want to delay him in case he decided to ticket me for not having a front plate. Just for the laugh, I'm hoping that happens to Bibs when he takes the wheel over here later this year for the Lime Rock Historic Festival, at which point I will indeed say the car was stolen. But he'll be in good company since I believe MJK told me he was once asked by a Connecticut State Trooper never to drive in Connecticut again due to excessive speeding (paging Kimbers to the fact check desk).

Moxie I still love your car and its the only one Ive seen with that colour interior... Stunning

Thank you. Too bad my kid barfed up Cheetos in it yesterday.

I'm kidding. It was actually Marmite.

I'm kidding.

No, really. (Now where's my wet-vac gone to?...)

:huh:

3555_10151400799138008_1173109091_n.jpg

That looks like either a temporary construction bridge/overpass that collapsed with the car on it or more likely part of a car transport lorry that flipped. I go with the latter.

thanks indeed for the Dutch road test. entertaining even though the only words I could catch were 'Daily driver' and 'Porsche Cayman' (I assume those last two were preceded by "better than a ..." :)  )

He says the Porsche is a better DD, and the Lotus is more fun to drive, and more of a "hardcore" racer than the Cayman.

His conclusion is that it's a great car with an awesome engine sound, but he finds it too expensive (about €100.000/£85.000 in the Netherlands), and he thinks there aren't any suitable roads here to drive it. You could go to a trackday, but then he suggests to buy an Exige S.

You could visits German Lotus fans via the Autobahn / Nürburgring / Nordschleife / :D

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Interesting, Luc, thanks.

Price is deceptive because the Evora comes with a lot standard or in reasonably priced packs that cost an arm and a leg on the Porsche.

• 1 month later...