Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 51 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

38 minutes ago, Colin G said:

It has to be due to the colour I've been asked four times now if it's a Ferrari, I kind of get it I suppose -

3f2a594dad322168e630175e98ce0ef5_zps0yrb

e274876ac8137abcc742da7aa9861184_zpswgot

I had a red Evora S and the number of people who asked me if it was a Ferrari baffled me. Probably one of the reasons I went for a silver 400

Although those pictures of your car are starting to make me doubt my choice :)

On 21 December 2015 at 18:25, Bibs said:

Funny,  I thought it looked futuristic! 

I'm with you on that Bibs.  I like them.

On 26 December 2015 at 14:31, Colin G said:

It has to be due to the colour I've been asked four times now if it's a Ferrari, I kind of get it I suppose -

Although mine is only a humble S but in Ardent red with SR black bits I have had that numerous times as well in this and the previous red one although probably not as much as you will get as you are a bit more Fezza looking (In a good way)  I never had it once with the Aquamarine cars so am guessing it is the colour.  It didn't get the Fezza question but it did get a lot of positive comments from passers by.

By the way I'm really glad you went ahead and bought it after we spoke.  You picked it up only about an hour before I arrived with my son for a test drive in the demo 400 and an Elise for him.  Brandon told me you had just left.  It saved me signing a large cheque as no red ones there to take my fancy!  I had to walk away from the GTE a few times though as kept gravitating back to it.  I would also now consider an orange or a yellow for the first time such was the looks of the 400 in these brighter colours.  What were Lotus thinking back at Geneva?

That was my first drive in the 400 but not the best day with damp roads after the week that had preceded but still good fun.  Thoughts pretty much align with every road test or owner test drive comment.  I'll continue saving for the roadster I think and getting the damn house built first.  However the Elise has another new future customer in my youngest as he was blown away by even the 'basic' (unfair comment really) 1.6 in comparison to his MX5.  Now all he has to do is Man Maths to convince himself and sell a kidney or win the lottery.  I'm guessing by May he will be in one. 

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

12 hours ago, Colin G said:

Cheers Al. I'm still getting abuse for not having a cheesy grin on the MMC Facebook photo!

f5b5a64a8b6ce717e96e8913521bfc27_zpsao1f

I am not and never will be on Facebook though, so who cares, I let Brandon take it as a kindness. :D

Cheesy grin? You're looking more like a Taliban.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

1 hour ago, TBD said:

Cheesy grin? You're looking more like a Taliban.

I think Colin you should now be required to change your members name to "Coliban - the tartan terror!"

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

26 minutes ago, Bibs said:

imageproxy.jpg.8dd28c1965c9f910c1c20b78c

Lol - brilliant Bibs - you'll be getting a call from Syria next to do some freelance paintshop work!

Coliban - are those really DRL's or are they really 50mm rifle bores at the front?

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

:lol:

It's a trick of the eye, but my Mrs thought the same when she saw it. It was "how has your beard got so big in the time I've been back in Canada????" I have a black sweatshirt on under my jacket and the hood is sticking up out of my collar making it look like I have a huge beard when in reality it's quite short!

That said, anyone touches my car, and I will hunt them down and kill them.

:P

• Like 2

Not only with you on the car choice and colour but also Facebook.  My Mrs refers to it as the bitchin and boastin book.  I did do a double take in the first photo of you with the car and only because we met recently did I think no way has his beard grown THAT much, that quickly. :lol:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

14 hours ago, DanChantler said:

Bro in law took this today before sampling what the Evora has to offer. He has a M4 and could never understand why I avoided Caymans, M cars for this. Now having driven it, he gets it. He has even asked if I wanted to swap one weekend. I'm still laughing now....

Love his pic thou

image.jpeg

That looks wicked. Lovely. Nice light interior too. Hmmm.....

• Like 1

The small print.