Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 112 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
19 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Hockey Club is now in Tier 3, we live in Tier 2, so after two weeks back at hockey after the lockdown, all comes to a stop again.

@thebartman You guys still in T2? 

T3 - for the club, T2 for me (at the moment) . Council leader is threatening us to behave or we'll be put in T3 for Xmas ....  bloody arse

• Gold FFM

Our gorgeous old girl, Alaska, lost her fight with cancer and passed away suddenly, but peacefully, with her head in my lap at 3.55 this afternoon.

RIP my beautiful angel, Alaska : 06 October 2006 to 18 December 2020. 😭

Alaska life 113.jpg

• Sad 8

• 3 weeks later...

My car is due for a service but the nearest dealers are 1.5 hours drive. In good conscience I cannot claim that getting a sports car serviced is an essential journey.

It's tucked up in the garage at the moment and not under any stress but 😒

15 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

My car is due for a service but the nearest dealers are 1.5 hours drive. In good conscience I cannot claim that getting a sports car serviced is an essential journey.

It's tucked up in the garage at the moment and not under any stress but 😒

This is one of the inconsistencies. Garages open, Garden Centres Open, B&Q open, takeaways.

There are (a few) reasons why a trip to a garage or B&Q could be essential, although most are not (Burst Pipe - essential, Wallpaper not so!). But with Garden centres as the easiest example - how can a trip to a GC be essential. So they are open, but you can't visit them.

My sons 21st is next week - he decided he wants a Maccie D's for Dinner. Hardly essential as we have plenty of food (and no I don't want a bloody Deliveroo driver any where near us - if anyone will be carrying the Virus!)

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I have a log burner on order coming from Norway .it was turned back before Christmas at the port due to the french COVID episode.just heard today all the stock they have, now has to have all the CE labelling removed and a new label applied as we are no longer in Europe - anyway roaring fires in June are underrated!

• Haha 1

On 07/01/2021 at 09:36, Colin P said:

There are (a few) reasons why a trip to a garage or B&Q could be essential, although most are not (Burst Pipe - essential, Wallpaper not so!). But with Garden centres as the easiest example - how can a trip to a GC be essential. So they are open, but you can't visit them.

In the list of allowable activities, a trip to any shop that is allowed to be open, is an allowable activity. That said, I could do with stuff from a GC but cannot justify the trip in  good conscience. I think that they were originally on the list to allow people to grow food

21 minutes ago, Colin P said:

There are some great British stoves. Our Clock stove was ordered and delivered in c5 weeks and installed beginning of December. It's excellent.

Yep I think I’ll have to go down that route-thinking about it now ,should’ve done that anyway!

Bloody Hermes again. Today he drove into our driveway with sufficient speed to enable him to lock all 4 wheels. Then proceeded to deliver package by throwing it over my wife’s car onto the doorstep. Then reversing out at a similar speed to entry. Couldn’t see exactly where he stopped due to where my study window is but he couldn’t have been more than 12 inches from the back of one of our cars  

Whole thing took about 5 seconds start to end. :censored:

• Haha 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

F'in Roofers - Final kick in the teeth from them: They over ordered slates by a complete crate, just under £1000.00 worth. There parting statement was that they would arrange for the slates to be picked up by the supplier and we would be repaid the correct amount. Finally got through to someone at the suppliers as we still have them and guess what - no pick up and and no refund. Do we regret ever starting this project. I have estimated that by the time we finish we will have spent enough to by a new Evora 430 and have some change left over.

I have seriously had enough of the building trade as a whole, literally no-one plays fair.

• Sad 1

On 18/01/2021 at 17:12, march said:

They over ordered slates by a complete crate, just under £1000.00 worth. There parting statement was that they would arrange for the slates to be picked up by the supplier and we would be repaid the correct amount. Finally got through to someone at the suppliers as we still have them and guess what

Small claims court. Sue the bar stewards unless you get the cash back.  They ordered the stuff and committed to repay you so push it.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Can I suggest you all go and have look at your elderly parents accounts. My 91 year old MIL who is registered disabled, blind, deaf and immobile with carers coming in 4 times a day (nightmare) 

Her boiler died on Monday with British Gas HomeCare insurance which she has had for over 25 years this year the premium was £824. So phoned them up and got told I need to phone the “local Hero’s” yes me not them. 
So call them up and get told you can’t book a visit over the phone but only on their website. She doesn’t have the internet (like most) so forgot my phone in the panic to get over there, drive back grab laptop and phone. Book a visit between 2and 6 pm and they will confirm within 25 mins. 

nothing happened, so at 14.30 I phone the “local hero’s” and get cut off 11 times after the recorded message nonsense 

Call back British Gas, on hold for another 35mins finally get through to someone who I was on the call to for 58mins before getting cut off and sit down for this one, the options I was given were 

1. Engineer to attend on 23rd Feb 

2. buy some heaters 

3. sort your own engineer out 

in the end I rang a builder mate of mine who got a plumber there to replace the boiler the next morning which cost me a couple of grand. I now have a new mate Jill Insley from the Money section of The Sunday Times on the case and she is amazing. We are going after them together 

worse going through the paperwork I found she is paying Home Serve £60 a Month for the same thing and has been doing that for 15 years 

please do yourself a favour and go and check this stuff, I have calculated the MIL is down at least 25k for one boiler service a year which in the real world is £150 

please check as we have and found another 3 parents are doing exactly the same thing 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

@Dan E I'd be ripping into tem via their complaints process. There's no way they should be able to defend that leaving a 91yr old with no heating for nearly two weeks is "reasonable" , and so they should be reimbursing for having to use your own engineer. Then if their own internal complaints process doesn't work, then via the Insurance (Financial Services) Ombudsman. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

That’s absolutely disgusting. These service agreements are very rarely value for money. Far better putting the cash aside yourself and having a decent engineer in your phone book.

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM
Just now, Barrykearley said:

That’s absolutely disgusting. These service agreements are very rarely value for money. Far better putting the cash aside yourself and having a decent engineer in your phone book.

You nailed that. Sarah just been talking to her mate who has put her mum into a home a couple of weeks ago and she has been paying £80 a month for BG HomeCare for a 2 bed terrace. You will be see me on Watchdog soon. When I asked the girl on the phone about BG’s SLA terms she didn’t even know what I was talking about 

• Gold FFM

SLA ?? I’ll tell you what they are - it’s the promptness of removing cash from the bank account every single month and increasing the premium year on year based on the age of the boiler.

as for coming and fixing promptly- ah yes well - unprecedented demands, cold weather, pishe and bollocks excuses......blah 

Only here once