Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 181 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Frankly these warmongering criminals need taking to task. Same should go for Tony Blair. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They won't do it in Gaza because Israel officially gave Gaza to the Palestinians. Did you watch the video? I think it explains very well that Hamas is the genocidal party here and Israel is defending itself after an attack by them. So yes it's like Russia, but as if they had picked a fight with the USA instead of Ukraine. Hamas=Russia.

I find it hard to accept that Israel is just defending itself when it has slaughtered over 28,000, mostly civilians, is forcing over 1.1m into starvation and has maimed and injured over 80,000. But we can each choose to believe what we want to believe.

As for Israel handing Gaza over to the Palestinians, my best guess is that this is Israel taking a significant chunk of it back. Netanyahu seems intent on "ruling" the whole territory.

We can disagree, without falling out, as we live in a democracy that currently, despite some politicians best intents, allows the freedom of expression and speech.

I have nothing against Israel, or Israelis, except a deep rooted sense of injustice for the way they are operating right now, the suffering and loss they are delivering, and their deliberate withholding of aid to those so desperately in need. As a nation brought about by so much injustice and suffering of their people, you would have thought they'd have taken a more compassionate approach, as opposed to a draconian, destructive, one.

• Love 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Saying Israel is acting proportionately is like saying Adolf Hitler was misunderstood.

Only here once

On 25/03/2024 at 18:56, EGTE said:

Hamas=Russia

In this case I actually think Israel is behaving like Russia in Ukraine. Although Israel, unlike Russia, was of course provoked, most heinously.

The Israeli targeting of civilians and civilian infrastructure is just as cynical as Russia in Ukraine and is now being just as widely condemned.

As I said before, I doubt we will agree, but that is OK as different points of view form, or frame, a debate.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
24 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

As I said before, I doubt we will agree, but that is OK as different points of view form, or frame, a debate.

Wind it in - you’ll offend the lefties

Only here once

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Israel has every right to defend itself, and its citizens, but this has, in my very humble opinion, gone well beyond that.

I completely agree.  Netanyahu has gone too far.  He's attempting to hold on to power using this war to keep himself in office.  Just awful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

You’ve got to wonder whether Hamas really thought this through. After the gleeful hysteria of that attack on 7th October, their very existence and that of their friends, families and neighbours in Gaza is on the line. Probably 33,000 dead so far, many of whom would have been part of that Hamas incursion. Thousands more facing starvation and relying on international aid. Huge swathes of their land reduced to rubble. Infrastructure decimated. Israeli military acting with impunity all across the Gaza Strip. Is that really what Hamas was hoping for? What have they got in return? A few dozen primarily civilian hostages cooped up in a tunnel somewhere? Of course every sensible person knows Netanyahu has gone too far, but Hamas themselves gave him this opportunity.

• Like 1

You are 100% correct @LotusLeftLotusRight, Hamas gave Netanyahu the opportunity and the World condemned Hamas for their actions & backed Netanyahu in responding.

However, the sign of a true leader is knowing when to stop and not going too far. Netanyahu went way beyond what was reasonable a long time ago. He has put himself into an impossible situation now, he cannot win!

• Like 1

I do wonder whether he has become a war criminal and it will be interesting to see if he is held to account by the international community and courts.

The small print.

The issue is they HAVE gone too far. They know that as much as everyone else.

Know what that means? "Well, we might as well finish the job!"

But I would ask you to consider that everyone knows Hamas is deeply entrenched in Gazan society. Even some of the Aid workers there took part in the October attacks and that's been confirmed! The fact they just killed (if you believe them) over 200 Hamas fighters in their Hospital siege/attack shows they still haven't finished the job they set out to do.

But don't believe the hype of Israeli civilians marching demanding they stop, there was only a tiny % of their population at the last one and the majority of their citizens still support wiping Hamas out by any means.

I don't think its over sadly, no matter how much pressure the rest of the world put on them.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Glad to hear she is on the mend @Kimbers and good to hear that the health service stepped up. Wishing her a speedy and full recovery.

The small print.

Glad to hear she made it out of critical care and is stable.  So great to know that your emergency services teams really stepped up.  

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

How has Dad taken it

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Not just unhappy but incandescent with rage!

Another avoidable death thanks to our judicial system that at times seems to know no bounds as to har far below the standard required to protect citizens is.

Whomever is responsible for this despicable excuse of a human being being let out and about on bail should be prosecuting for aiding this excuse for a man to murder whilst "free".

We need a process where the courts and judiciary can be held to account for their poor decisions and suffer real consequences as a result.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bradford-west-yorkshire-68767898

• Sad 3

The small print.