Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 20 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Yeah, good luck with that........ :vava:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

What made me unhappy? Oh, where to begin?

I'm not going into the other stuff. That's on another thread.

However, the company I work for have employed me as contracted to their client company as a maintenance planner. They have now agreed to 18 hours per week (that I have been allowed to do for a month already) but also told me that I am expected to do my entire planning role by the end of June (unlikely, and the end date of the project I am on) then I will be on a months notice to being terminated by the end of July.
So now I will go and see a lawyer and see what my options are. I have been told by others I can not be terminated due to a medical condition.
The contract engineer that is running this project has told them he has to make things simpler so that I can do what he asks as I don't understand him. I don't understand what he wants because he changes everything all the time and doesn't understand the limitations we all work under at the job. The company now has a reduced cognition perception.

Will probably put the S4 on the market. The BMW bike will be soon as well.

Don't know what we are going to do about our holiday to Europe next year now and my company advanced me 2 weeks pro-rata leave to help me out when all this started. I will not have paid that back by the end of July so it will be interesting to see if they waive that or ask me to pay it back. (in which case I might tell them to take me to court)

Hiho, hiho, it's off to SEEK I go......

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Hmmmm - Not good Michael.  I was kicked out of a job after 6 years with the company, this was a couple of years ago - made redundant on the spot.  Survived for 10 months on centrelink (which is the most horrible place on this earth).  I actually made the ad for the S4 and was about to sell it when a job offer came thru.  Was only a week away from getting rid of it.  The car brings me so much joy when times are bad.  I hope you can keep her for a little longer.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• Gold FFM

Hey Michael, real sorry to hear that after all your personal efforts. I sincerely hope things change for you and soonest. Chin up bud, you have come through far worse and encouraged others so dont let the bestards get you down this time round.

John.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my hobbies is being a radio amateur (ham). For weeks now the solar events have wiped out day communications on the 40 meter band. Kinda the equivalent to having your favorite race track iced up for weeks. You can just look at your car in the garage and no my AE35 unit is just fine   ;)

disfin3.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Drove through to Fraserburgh today to pick up a couple of touch up cans of paint to cover some stone chips, the guy mixed it on the spot and a perfect match. Drove to the filling station and filled both tanks to the neck. All sounds good you think. Well drove back home and went to open the boot, problem No1,boot wont open. OK lets just give her a wash and polish, remove petrol caps to clean round the rim, problem No2. Nearside cap wont unlock.

How do you get into the boot when one catch is stuck on !!!

Worst case scenario is number plate off, hole big enough to put your arm through cut in the rear pannel and release the catch from inside.  You may be able to some how undo the boot floor  and get a hand in or  if lucky you might be able to pull the cable some how. 

• Gold FFM

Make sure the car is perfectly on the level and try again........ Mine won't open if slanted one way..???

Get some one to push gently on the tailgate side that's sticking whilst you pull the boot release.....

Both quirks I've found on mine

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Does the 85 S3 have a big grommet in the boot floor same as the earlier models, I remember my old 79 had one, just wondering if I could fish through the hole onto the catch. Cars not here so cant check at the moment.

Was at Hethel today with LoT, managed to puncture a rear tyre in the inside tyre wall (no idea how - kerbs?) and luckily managed to get the wheel to Stations (very helpful and really got me out of trouble) and replaced with new tyre.  Then a huge stone chip on the windscreen whilst on the M25!

However, £630 for a rear pirelli corsa - ouch!

(but at least I'm home safe and the car is safe)

You'd think !

This seems to be the price Lotus dealers are selling a single rear tyre at - even B&C have this quoted on their website.

I think you can get a full set from other places for less than that!

Quite annoyed at the markup tbh but it did get me back on track and home.  Could have ended worse.

• Gold FFM

They are about $1,000 per tyre here. If you covert 630GBP to AUD, you get $1,287. The dearest Corsa is $1,295 but it's 345mm wide, What size are the Evora rears?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Quite annoyed at the markup tbh but it did get me back on track and home.  Could have ended worse.

Dealer markup on tyres is negligible, it's the factory that charge a fortune and they don't make much either on them. They need a better deal with Pirelli for aftersales tyres...

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I remember talking to a bloke in a little elan at castle coombe one year.  I think he said he put 4 tyres on his car for the price of one on the excel se I had at the time and still ran rings around me.  

• Gold FFM

People in lead positions that misrepresent what you say.