Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 27 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Yasuo

sorry to hear your news.....thoughts are with you........

cheers

G

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I'm going stir crazy at the moment. Off work with a bad back and reduced sensation down one leg due to pressure it's causing on the nerves where they leave the spine. There could soon be a counter-post in the "happy" thread, and that would say "Diazepam", as that's what I'm now on to try and reduce the problem, and I believe they may make me contented, especially when combined with 240mg of codeine each day. 

I'm thinking.

Breakfast

Allbran, topped with wheat bran.

Morning snack.

Prune surprise (the surprise is them stuffed with bran)..

Lunch

Celery and lettuce topped with toasted bran

and so on.

Or a few tins of sugar-free mints, a colleague picked some up at an event and consumed them throughout the day, had issues the next day. He hadn't realised that the sweetener in question has laxative effects.

those sweetners are really quitedangerous. I would avoid them like the plague. Get the juicer out of the cubboard and make some vegetable juice two or three times a day, onwards. Having back problems muself (old damages), I sleep almost entirely on my back, not side, not stomac. And last thing I do in the evenning, and first thing in the morning, is som twisting of the legs to back area, so it loosens up and I won't have pain at all. Well, apart from being z-shaped from working on the Esprit ;)

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Thanks for the condolences.

I just back from Japan 10+2 hours flight. It was busy week with paper work  etc...

But now time to work again with  my  88 Esprit :)

Yasuo

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I have just made the decision that I will be moving my Esprit on I think. I drove the wifes car to Lorne the other day and I had difficulties with right hand corners. My eyes send a signal to my brain which then causes vertigo. And this was at the speed I could go in a Honda Accord. In the Esprit, it could be quite scary. And not in a good way.

Some work to do first and then put it on the market.

Que sera sera.

PS. My condolences as well Yasuo.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Real sorry to hear this Michael, and I thought things were going well with you. I guess it's a head over heart decision similar to when I sold the S4 a year ago. I am lucky in that I can drive fine. Good luck and I hope you get the price she deserves. At least that will offset the pain of having to sell her a little bit.

• Gold FFM

Hi John, going well except for a persistent vertigo issue depending on what I do. I can drive, but just not as quick as is possible in the Esprit without the embuggerance. So the car becomes more dangerous than fun.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Sad news to have to sell, but don't be cheap Michael.  Cos there's only 2, possible 3 red S4 Esprits in Oz, i'm thinking maybe starting at $65-70k. 

Currently no Esprits for sale in oz at the moment. 

Let's pump this market up. :-)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• Gold FFM

Passed MoT, but got advisories, dammit.  Must get my act together.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
18 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Passed MoT, but got advisories, dammit.  Must get my act together.

Advisrories are fine by me. Run it and fix it, far better than a fail.

• Gold FFM

Absolutely.  But having worked in an MoT station for years, it's a matter of pride NOT to get them!  I slacked off last year.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, johnpwalsh said:

Advisrories are fine by me. Run it and fix it, far better than a fail.

Put it down to winter Blues and crack on, Unless of course you want to put it to old age. LOL.

• Gold FFM

Old age, tell me about it!  It's either breaking down or falling off.  And that ain't the car.

Sir Bibs, shall we talk about MoTs???  :P

• Like 1

Minor really compared to some on here but ... dealing with f'ing Ebay... Bought some security cameras on Ebay from someone masquerading as a UK seller but in fact was Chinese, was exaggerating the cameras capabilties (sorry - lying, so not suitable), making it bloody hard to send back, eventually getting refund but excluding postage costs against Ebay policy, trying to deal with Indian Ebay Customer Support (no f'ing use - Ebay making almost impossible to contact help desk). Trying to contact seller who is now ignoring me. Wasted hours and hours and have had to pay for the privilege.

Ebay - such a joke nowadays but at least I have expanded the Farms International profile to include both India and China B-)

• Like 1

Had similar trouble buying some Electronics from a chinese site. No end to the trouble I had. Finally gave up and voila, some of the Money came back. From now on, I avoid the chinese like the plague. They are really really not worth doing bisuness with at all. Sorry chaps, but the UK is not much better. Just bought a turbo in the UK, rejected in UK transit and sent back... due to "density of goods"... Christ Almighty, what a lame excuse for hm royal mail or whatever.

Now tell me, how can I get a turbo to Denmark from the UK?

Cheers,

Jacques.

4 hours ago, Jacques said:

rejected in UK transit and sent back... due to "density of goods"

Must have included the financial Black Hole that comes with all Lotus Esprit's, ask them to remove that and you should be OK. I hear @Barrykearley has a particularly big black hole at the moment.

• Gold FFM

Yeah yeah - thanks for that.

my black hole appears to be ever deepening with essence off added mystery and hints of unknown 

• Like 1

Only here once

And here xomes some music fit for the project. Totally spot on from that area when the Esprit ruled. One melody for each cylinderbank ;)

LOTUS: Likely Over The Usual Speedlimit.

;)

Jacques.