Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 5 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Being told that my mother has entered the final stages of life (doctors words) and is deteriorating fast and that I need to make a decision as to whether revival should be an option. Hardest decision I have had to make so far and must admit shed tears over the phone.

...sold the bike yesterday...:mellow:

but that is really nothing compared to losing a real loved one.....

post-9273-0-35577100-1309454710_thumb.jp

Edited by IanQ

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Mike....I've been there, too, with my Mum.....she was 87 and basically worn out, all the systems shutting down; couldn't see, couldn't hear very well...had some kind of seizure....and her circulation had deteriorated to the point that her legs had gone black. My brother and I asked for palliative care only....we knew Mum had had enough...and she wafted away on a cloud of diamorphine. Definitely the correct decision.

But I still go back and question it from time to time....

Edited by molemot

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Crikey...two in a row from Moley,,this in a slightly lighter vein...

Nice sunny day here in la belle France......had a bit of a moment; last week my brother Mike came over and I went out and bought a nice new rectangular parasol for the balcony, fitted it to the great big hardwood table out there, and we had some good barbecue. Today the wind got up a bit...I didn't notice until there was a loud THUMP!!!...the wind had got under the parasol, lifted it AND THE TABLE into the air, over the balcony railings and deposited it on the lawn!!! Parachutisme, none less......table survived, parasol ended up looking like a bicycle wheel repair shop....so I've had to go out and buy ANOTHER.....managed to struggle up the stairs with the table.....o wot fun we have!!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Yes we've had the garage sale and no not everything went, but that doesn't give someone the right today to drive past and not even bother to knock or talk to someone, walk into the garage and help themselves to an 8 man tent! :2guns:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Being told that my mother has entered the final stages of life...

Mike,

Very sorry to hear of this. Sadly been there too, but not with my mother. If you don't mind my asking, does your mom have what's called a "Living Will" and a "Healthcare Proxy" in the States? My grandmother had both, but it didn't really make it much easier to get the hospital to do what she wanted. Hang in there.

Regards,

Matt

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• 2 weeks later...

I have just booked for a flight to England to see my dad before he passes away, I hope he can hang on until I get there in time to see him next week. A very unhappy and extremely sad time, he is ( was ) a grumpy old sod, but he's still my dad. Two years ago his kydney's stopped working and since then he has been on dialysis 3 times a week, recently we found out that he has cancer in most of his adominal organs and now he can't hold on for much longer. He never came to Australia during the 18 years that I have lived here - refused to get on plane, refused to eat enything out of a microwave oven, refused to get a mobile phone and still can't get his head around why anyone would pay money for bottled water. They don't make people like that any more.

Too many Toys are never enough !

Just to echo Bibs sentiments. Good and safe

speed to you.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Popped into my Local Lotus Dealer today to have a look at a nice shiny Evora sitting in the showroom. I really like the car and this looked perfect in everyway. But then noticed the air intake vents under the rear quarter windows. Most of the black paint had flacked off and it was rusting. This is a 1 year old car with 3k on the clock. Why didn't Lotus make the vents out of Aluminium or galvanise them? There's no visible rust on my old Audi and that 11 years old and out in all weathers. Maybe I'm a stickler for detail but Lotus should be better than that :(.

• 4 weeks later...

I'am Evora less person. I even saw it. The better half was agaist it at this time. When she changed her maid the car was sold. Only positive thing is that I save lot of money.

• Gold FFM

A fortnight ago wilfully volunteering to take a family to the airport - and only today finding out tomorrow mornings alarm call is now 3.30am :(

Doh!!!!!!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Coming home from a camping trip in Colorado, the first time in three years that my best mate and I have been able to hang out. Oh well; one day closer to the next adventure!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

• Gold FFM

Bloody real estate agents

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I never loose anything! It seriously bums me out to lose anything or break anything!!! :(

I lost my wallet sometime between lunch and going mountain biking last night. Then tried to go to the Avery Brewery tap room, and had no wallet! Good thing it's one of those places where everybody knows my name! And the bartemptresses will buy me a drink!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 1 month later...

Taking my car's seat half-apart, only to discover that there isn't near as much foam in there as I'd thought (had hoped to cut it down some to make some headroom), and that getting to it isn't as easy as I'd hoped either, especially since age has made the foam adhere to everything around it.

Feeling a bit bummed (no pun intended) about the situation.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Stripped the l/h rear hub apart at the weekend to replace the wheel bearing. Everything actually came undone without the use of excessive force....

....only to discover that the inner race had obviously siezed and spun up on the hub.

The hub is now trash and the car will be off the road for at least another week while I try and source a new one :(

Don't we have the technology to coat the affected area, maybe chrome. or something more modern ?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Travis, bummer matey, hope it's not too tricky to fix.

Pete, I've just supplied Malcolm with one of those, the factory has them in stock for about £360. Let me know if you need one and I can order it in for you :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.