Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 66 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

3 hours ago, Colin P said:

Very nice, but I’d have to give the karting a miss for a while, I still cant take right handlers quick following the first lap incident. :driving:

Bloody hell Colin that was one hell of a bash you gave yourself. Hope it clears up soon mate.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 14:36, Alfa2Evora said:

The Evora has sat unused since Tuesday. Went out just now to take it for a cobweb-blowing blast and the ABS and Traction Control warning lights are staying on. Bu99er! :cry:

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 14:52, CocoPops said:

Brake pedal switch?

Turned out to be the wheel speed sensor on the front nearside.

With my imminent roadtrip to Spain, I also went with the recommendation to replace the rear discs - it wasn't a complete surprise as I'd been advised when I had the fronts done a few months back that the rears were not long for this world - and then new Michelin PS4S's fitted to the rear wheels whilst they were off anyway (the Pirellis probably wouldn't have lasted to Spain and back either), that's the best part of £1200 gone and it's only Wednesday. :cry:

Here's hoping for a few overtime shifts in the next couple of weeks.

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Sold my Esprit today 🙁.  I’m very very sad to sell it, I’ve owned  it for 16 happy years.  But things move on and I’m looking for an Esprit S4s now.  

Please pm me if you have one for sale, thanks.

No - I simply don’t believe it.

16 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Wait, what?! :blink:

It’s gotta be a scam - can you put a block on his account quick

Only here once

Arranged a meeting with a new dealer before realising I can't get much further away in England. Norfolk to South West Coast and back all in one day....bugger.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

14 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Sold my Esprit today 🙁.  I’m very very sad to sell it, I’ve owned  it for 16 happy years.  But things move on and I’m looking for an Esprit S4s now.  

Please pm me if you have one for sale, thanks.

Did a double take on this! Saaaaayyyy Whaaaaaaaaa?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Barn purchasers withdrew today.....ffs

Lot of mortgages being refused at moment. In some cases the building society are value houses at under the sale price

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Started to Exige today... going out for some chores with the mrs.

Oh yay I've done 1000 miles in 3 weeks! Trouble free :)

get to the mrs 15 minutes later....Clkrkrkgkkrkr

wtf is that.

Clutch in, gone. Clutch out - sounds like someone rummaging in a cutlery draw.

Thought it's maybe clutch related n bearings. Took it to local dealer as it was on the way - yup. Release bearing is gone he reckons, told him more of the symptoms and he said it sounds like it more and more.

Now to try and get the dealer to pick up the tab for it - fun.

Only 4500 miles on the clock, so shouldn't be dead! Faulty part maybe, or previous owner a "lady garden" of a driver?

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, pete said:

Lot of mortgages being refused at moment. In some cases the building society are value houses at under the sale price

These were cash (verified by bank statements) purchasers.

oh well - next 

Only here once

Reading this made me unhappy as I fear Lotus will just become another "me too" brand in a corporate blandness if it's not careful as it's strategy looks more like the opposite of Mclarens!

Famously, McLaren has refused to join the SUV crowd; refused to join the likes of Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, Aston Martin and so forth. This hasn’t changed.

“There’s more than enough SUVs in the world,” McLaren boss Mike Flewitt tells TopGear.com, “and we don’t need another one. That’s sort of the flippant side,” he laughs.

But the reasoning is a little deeper than that.

“Effectively when we look at products – and we’re always looking at product concepts – is that there are three measures. One is around the brand, one is around the technology and the other is around the financials.

“So, the brand: an SUV is only going to dilute the McLaren brand. Our brand and heritage is motorsport and great drivers’ cars. SUVs are great, they have their place, but they’re not great drivers’ cars. They utterly dilute the driving experience so it makes no sense,” he said.

On the engineering side of things he noted how “a great many” of the big, luxury SUVs were all made by the same group, sharing the technology to make their own 4x4s fit the character of each brand.

“Nothing wrong with them,” Flewitt said, “but we don’t have a technology set that suits an SUV, so we’d be starting from scratch.

“And we’re not arrogant to think we can go up against the Range Rovers and Cayennes of this world with a better can than them overnight,” he said.

Third and finally, money. “We don’t have the technology and we’re not going to be first in the market, so what’s the point? You have to invest from scratch and we wouldn’t make any money out of it.

“After all that, why the hell would we do this?” he laughs. The customers too aren’t really chomping at the bit to get a McLaren SUV.

“The customers love what we do,” Flewitt said.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Our chickens just ate a Pigeon that had landed to have some seed. Just remember that when you Veggies say about cute and poor chickens!! They are nasty vicious creatures and they would eat you if you weren't so big! Eat more chicken or they may take over the world!!

Hope that dog wasn't called Barry

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Last week, I ordered a couple of lovely enamel and metal badges retailed by HethelSport in the US.

Today, I was left a card by Royal Mail saying that they can't deliver them as "there is a fee to pay", namely a customs charge. OK, so I suppose we've all got to pay our taxes and I've been lucky so far in that this is the first time ever that I've had to pay anything on a personal import, so it came as a bit of a surprise especially on something of relatively low value.

Off to the sorting office I go to collect them and pay the fee which was calculated as follows: import duty of 2.7% on the goods and shipping costs total of £25.34 = £0.68, then VAT at 20% on the cost of the goods, shipping and import duty = £5.07, then the Royal Mail's 'handling fee' for processing the customs charges - £8.00!!!

So my £25.34 has now become £39.09, :angry: . In days of old, the highwaymen held the Royal Mail to ransom - now it's role reversal.

I think it's time I did that deed-poll thing and changed my surname to something like Amazon or Starbucks or similar. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bloody 'ell David that is ridiculous. To get my own back I would go and spend £2.00 at the supermarket buying say 20 envelopes. Address them to Royal Mails Head office. Put nothing in them and no stamp on them and post one a day for 20 days.  That'll cost them quite a bit and as they are the recipient they will only get the envelope delivered once they have coffed up the "missing postage" fee.

You won't get any recompense for this, but I bet as you drive that big truck of yours across the Uk it will give you a chuckle when you think how much it has cost them to deal with it.  Call it a draw at that point.

• Haha 2

The small print.

Taking in a £50k car for warranty work and being given this hunk of shite as a courtesy car.

Radar cruise control is the annoying feature, as well as being a hybrid cvt. Lots to hate, one unhappy customer.

I hear B&C give Lotus as a courtesy car? I'm not saying I expect an Exige or Evora but come on, even a base Elise would be okay!

IMG-20180912-WA0005.jpeg

• Haha 1

Yeah, but do you not expect more from an "enthusiasts" brand, who take pride in only making Sports cars? 

Like I said, I don't expect an Evora 430 or Exige Sport 410 or whatever, a base spec 1.6 Elise would be fine, and barely costs much more than this hybrid jobby.

Either way, if this is a long term loan, I will be complaining. Don't care how dickish that makes me look, we deserve better.

It"s less than a 1 year old very decent motor. Might not be what you would buy but it is a free courtesy car FFS. Get a grip of yourself.

The small print.

So, the whole point of this thread is what made you UNHAPPY.

Why do we keep clashing C8RKH? It was in no way personal to anyone, nor did I name what dealer this was. It was left as a moan.

I get the #firstworldproblems, because yes it is a small thing to bitch about, but it's a fuss to me. I expect better service from a premium brand.

• Gold FFM

Try owning a lwb vivaro van brand new and gearbox lasted 30kmiles. Made of chocolate. It now looses water at the same rate as diesel. 

Three bastard times they’ve had it in - every time I get a Vauxhall Adam and they take a week to fuck it up.

lost my shit real bad with Vauxhall last time - they are sorting a courtesy van presently so they can have the van for even longer and probably fuck it up even more.

reckon the Lexus IS a pretty smart loaner.

Only here once