Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Goodwood Festival of Speed - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Goodwood Festival of Speed

Bibs

Who's going?

Lotus will have an Esprit on their stand this year, coincidence? Who knows!

Anyway, they've 1,000 free tickets for Lotus enthusiasts, get 'em while they're hot! Thanks Lotus :dizzy:

Dear Lotus Enthusiast

Lotus Cars is pleased to confirm their attendance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2010 and to be involved in the Moving Motor Show in its inaugural year.

As a Lotus enthusiast, we would like to invite you to participate by offering you the chance to attend the Moving Motor Show day on Thursday, 1st July as official guests of Lotus.

You’ll get to see an outstanding assortment of fabulous cars from Lotus’s past, present and future. Highlights among these will be the freshly restored Lotus type 49 that was raced by Jim Clark in 1967, the award winning Evora, including the Carbon and Hybrid Concept versions unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show, and the new 2011 Model Year Elise which has the lowest CO2 for its performance level for any gasoline sports car in theworld.

To register, simply go to www.lotusevora.com/en-gb/goodwood and complete the online form. Tickets are strictly limited and will be allocated on a first come first serve basis and will be sent out shortly before the event.

More information on the Moving Motor Show canbe found on the Goodwood website at www.goodwood.com.

We hope you can attend.

Kind regards

The Lotus Events Team

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going got mine free today in the post, courtesy of the Daily Mail, I did post on here, but no one apperaed interested.

I may even have the Esprit running!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I have a pair of tickets for the Friday available if anyone is interested.

No charge - they are courtesy of a colleague at work.

First come first served....

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Interesting, I've done about 3 of the past 4 FOS and never seen a Lotus stand there, CTL yes but not Lotus cars...

I registered but got no confirmation yay or nay, bit important to know if I wanna actually go whether to buy a ticket or not...?

I think I'll do the revival this year anyways, racing is better.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Dave you have PM :wine:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I was on that mofo link early early doors so I assume I was too late :lol:

I'd go for free but it does get a bit same same every year to go all the time - not that it's a bad show becuase it's not, it's on the whole excellent.

I think I'll polish off my monicle, watch on a chain and tweed jacket and Indiana Jones hat for the Revival - what-ho, pip pip, chin chin and all that :wine:

I'm going on the Friday. I kind of feel a bit cheated really :lol:. I became a member of the GRRC at the beginning of the year hoping for a few perks or freedies. It cost £165 to join. I still had to buy the Festival of Speed tickets for £35 each and it's much the same for the Revival. So all in £300. There's very little benefit in becoming a Member other than spend more money on GRRC Member events (£300 here and £700 there . . .).

I won't be renewing next year and I'll try and get some free tickets instead :wine:.

F says we're busy Thur/Fri so nephew and I going on Sat....

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I'm going on the Thursday. Got two tickets but her Majesty can't make it due to work. I'm looking for an 'optional blonde' for the passenger seat.

Should have the Esprit back together again. Re-bushed gear shift master unit and new gear change cables make quite a difference. I did the translator end a couple of years ago.

Alan

Bit late in the day but I have two Thursday "Moving motor show" freebies from Lotus if anyone can use them. Was going to go and stay over for Friday's auction, but comittments will not allow so having to just do Friday now instead

I'm going too - got my free tickets last weekend (cheers Lotus!). Will be in my supercharged V8 Citroen C1 though (don't fancy queuing in the Esprit - it'll cook in this weather).

Might see some of you tomorrow...?

Rich

I'll be there tomorrow, might see you.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I will be there on Friday Bibbo. Compliments of Dave (Oneshot) Thankyou Dave :getmecoat:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Was good - FOS lite is what I would call it.

Bumped into Tiff Needel and Clive Chapman (litterally).

Nice to see Lotus at the show, they need a bigger banner though - some dippy flag with a tiny acbc in the middle didn't work too well.

They had a very good stand though, apart from the normal layout the Type 49 was there on the stand for good measure, Evora was clearly one of the more impressive cars doing the laps as well (you could hear people go "oh that looks great") - so, good one :thumbsup:

Little less manic than the real FOS, less people but also less cars / static as many were not unpacked. Would I go again, probably not - the real event (get in super early to get the photies) is the best bet as there is more on and there is generally always something good to watch on the hill climb - great idea though, a moving motorshow.

Shame the Vulcan didn't make an appearance :(

Right - offski, gotta clear my head of the Alfa Romeo tent.... :thumbup: (and I aint talking about the cars....)

Ooo. Barbie. Nice one Bibbo. Eddie maybe see you too? We are also going to the Classic :thumbsup:

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Not long got back from a great day there today, I've never been before but thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Didn't think much of the moving motor show, it seemed a bit of a mess really and there was never anything but cars trying not to hit the pedestrians wandering about the place, the beautiful weather certainly helped the day's enjoyment too.

I thought Lotus' stand looked very impressive and it was nice to see an Espirt on the moving motor show stand along with all the Evora's. I loved the little mid-week treat and I'm going to make sure I get to go every year for now on.